Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:33:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 6 Predictions 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 6 Predictions  (Read 1942 times)
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

on: June 15, 2012, 02:57:15 AM

Since no one else has gotten round to doing it I figured I'd kick things off with my predictions for the playoffs and failoffs for the f13 Season 6 Blood Bowl Tournament.

Tamurkhan Division

This division has a few clear favourites I think for making progress based on teams who are already developed and in good shape for the start of the new season but there could definately be an opportunity for shocks with the skaven's fast running game and ability to score quick touchdown's countered by their fragility so I think upsets might revolve around the skaven and the norse teams being able to preserve their skilled players over the course of season.

Satael - Warpcheese Disciples - New Skaven team with an unknown coach so without any form guide have to go failoffs and hope that Satael makes enough winnings to get a bench in place at least by the end of the season or this might be a tough introduction to the F13 league

Luckton - Ymiron's G6 Crew - Possible pusher for a playoff based on Lucktons ability as a coach. Norse are reknowned for their ability to hit hard but are also known for their ability to not take too much of a beating back, will be looking to beat one or 2 of the developed teams to give a shot at the playoffs and winning all his matches against the skaven.

Haemish - Zellar Dwellerz - Knows how to play rats but will nuffle kick him in the nuts like it did in the second half of his match against IainC? Another coach who I have said will be failoffs but could potentially reach the playoffs if injuries and a bit of nuffle love comes his way through the course of the season.

Ingmar - Beardstorm! - Possibly the only nailed on qualifier from the group, however he may be hampered by the big inducement gap he will be giving away each match against the less developed teams. Think this is a good group for a dwarf team though  and I expect Ingmar to win a lot of 2-1 grind matches.

Ironwood - Ironwood's Itchers - Returning from season 4 and kicked off with a convincing win in first match. Think the team is not developed enough to be a contender for the playoffs but having said that it is a skaven team who are always in with a chance of scoring from nothing so team preservation will be key to mounting a challenge.

Ulysees - The Minizillas - Have to back myself and with some well devloped skinks and a killer saurus this should be a decent league to build some skills up. Skaven teams and IainC are the main worry as their mobility are the counter to the saurus hitting power.

IainC - Fianne Chulain - Will nuffle smile or frown this season? Good coach, shit luck I think best describes Iain's performances in the league the past 3 seasons but looking at the elf rosta there are a few scary players there and Iain will score a lot of touchdowns as long as the dice don't desert him, with Iains luck though that is never a forgone conclusion.

Megrim - Insatiable - Another very good coach and with Vamps no cage is safe. I feel that megrim will be fighting it out with Haemish and Luckton for the last spot in the playoffs but a lot will depend on rolling 1's as that cost Megrim a draw in our match with a single failed bloodlust roll.

Warhammer 40k Division

A more mixed bag of teams than the largely mobile teams in Tamurkhan division which should offer some more variety and less high scoring matches. Again I think the developed teams and more experiences coaches have to be the favourites for progress for me but having said that I can see Paelos and Reborne both being in with shouts of making their first showing in the play-offs if they can pick up a result or 2 against the other experienced teams. Sir T will be looking to build on last season and though Lamaros is a very good player I think that goblins will be a bridge too far for him to be in play-off contention.

Lamaros - Goblin Baby - Carnage and mayhem I think are Lamaros' best hopes for this season though his match with Falconeer was closer than I expected so possiblities of causing an upset here and there are definately on the cards but think the goblins will be too much of a handicap to be considered a contender for making the playoffs.

Falconeer - Bell Jar United - Started with a not too convinicing win over the Goblin team but a well rounded team played by an experienced coach so think Falc and Modern Angel will be main contenders in this league for the final playoff spot and since MA might need a bit of time to warm up with his returning orcs have gone for Falc to make the playoffs.

Brocktoon - Team Snoo Snoo - The return of Freight Train Joe will be sending a shiver down a few spines. Well developed team with an experienced coach I think the deciding factor for Modrern Angel making the playoffs will be how quickly he gets back into the orcish groove but will have Paelos and Reborne waiting to pounce on any rustiness.

Catfud - Alive Not Dead - One of two teams who will be fighting for top spot in the division, Lyse knows this team inside out now after playing them consistantly since season 2 and always making a good showing should qualify with ease.

Teleku - Hazardous Hippies - Second team fighting for the top spot, well developed and well played but will his AV hold upto some of the punching that is bound to go on this division? Barring a team crippling cannot see teleku failing to qualify.

Paelos - Southpark Smackdown - The Chaos team return for their third season and are now in the devloped stage and could be an outside for a playoff berth. With some nice AV7 teams to farm up some SPP Paelos' fate in the playoffs will be decided I think in the games against the other developed teams but have an inkling this could be his first season to hit the playoffs.

Reborne - Reborne's Wrestlers - Ogre's! Big hitters, very stupid. Another well developed team but I think the outcomes of a lot of Reborne's matchs are not going to be entirely in his control and are instead going to revolve around his Ogres passing their really stupid rolls. Always plays with a smile on his face though so regardless of the outcome am sure Reborne and his opponent will be having fun.

SirT - The Pimpernels - Can't see them being in the running for the playoffs but I think Sir T has found a team that is more forgiving than his original Nurgle team and now that he has a season of development behind him will be looking to improve on his solitary win from last season.

Hordes Division

Another mixed bag of team styles so variety will be the spice of life in the Horde division. Again for this division I can see 2 clear favourites for progress with the Ex-Presidents and the Catfighters battling for top spot but the other 2 guaranteed places I think are harder to call since even though I had to make a call on some teams for being failoff bound they will be strong runners regardless and with a few good results could well see themselves challenging come the last round of matches.

Ramas - Ermine Vermin - Abanding the norse for the strong running rats. Very impressive opening match with no mercy shown and think has lain down an early marker for a play-off bid.

Proudft - Wissenland Whalers - Another new team for this season, Proudft knows his way round a bloodbowl pitch so could be a challenger if he can get some quick development into the team and make a mark against some of the more developed teams.

Ezrast - 7 Deadly - Back to his Lizards and being a lizardman coach I think that is never a bad choice. Didn't enjoy elves until the failoffs last time around will be looking to make an impact with more solid but less free scoring lizards. I have gone failoffs but wouldn't be surprised if Ezrast proved me totally wrong on this one.

Avaia - Bleating - Another failoff pick that I just am not sure of, this division was the hardest to pick since I really see 2 teams dominating then 8 teams all with the possiblity of taking the last 2 guaranteed spots so will the power of Nurgle come to Avaia's aid this season?

Gruntle - Nifty Helmets - the helmets return after a season long break and will be looking to pick up where they left off, developing nicely and smashing faces as only a chaos team knows how. Really tough call again which is becoming a little like a broken record with this division since I know Gruntle has potential to progress and I think the play-off bid will revolve around his matches with the lizard teams and Avaia.

Drogg - Hunqua Hunqua Burninluv - Gone for a bit of lizard solidarity. Solid coach who has shown he can get results when needed so expect to see Drogg in the playoffs but might not be plain sailing.

Bann - The Explorers Club - New team for this season and like Proudft think he might struggle to make an impact in the playoff bid due to this, but has shown his ability as a coach over the previous seasons so cannot be over-looked as an outsider.

Swiftblade - The Camptown Orcboyz - Totally fresh orc team and unknown coach so main objective for this season has to be team development and looking to pick up the money to fill out the bench and cause an upset or 2 if possible along the way.

Ruvaldt - The Ex Presidents of Doom - Another division with, for me, 2 clear favourites for top spot. The Ex-Presidents certainly lived upto expectation in their opening match causing a retriement from the opposing coach in the names of team preservation. Should not struggle to qualify here.

Comstar - F13 Catfighters - The Blodging queens of the F13 league. Comstar is going to be gunning for the top spot with Ruvaldt and I expect him to push it all the way. Another clear favourite for me to make his way into the playoff's.

4 Wildcards

Fock knows!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 12:20:32 PM by Ulysees »
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 12:33:44 PM

Ama Mario.  I'm a gonna ween.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 12:38:39 PM

I'm worried about the 3 rat games on my schedule. You just know at least one of them is going to be the one where tackle completely fails me, I can't pick up the ball, and I lose 6-0. Plus I am going to be giving away 1000k+ in inducements to at least 2 of them.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 12:48:38 PM

Leaping rats dude.  Leaping Rats.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 6 Predictions  
Jump to: