Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:39:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: The Mysterious Cities of Gold 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Mysterious Cities of Gold  (Read 2165 times)
Simond
Terracotta Army

on: June 08, 2012, 01:02:40 PM

...season 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ly1hQrGlaoU
No, really.

I'm not convinced, but that's probably equal parts nostalgia and also that it doesn't look like Studio Pierrot is involved this time around.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 01:09:56 PM

Wait, What ?

I was 12 or something.

What the fuck ?

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 01:54:57 PM

Just think what could be next! More Ulysses 31! More Dogtanian and the Muskahounds! 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea with Willy Fog! Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #3 on: June 09, 2012, 08:43:25 PM

More Olmecs!

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: June 10, 2012, 11:18:17 PM

Yup. Heard about the new season a few years ago. Been waiting for it to actually happen. I'll give it a shot, just for the nostalgia factor. Who knows? It might actually be decent.

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 06:31:28 AM

Didn't this come out around the same time as Tales of the Gold Monkey? As in, 30+ years ago? Or am I thinking of something else?

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: June 12, 2012, 10:23:36 AM

I used to watch this with Robotech, Voltron, etc.  At like 5am in the morning before school.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: June 12, 2012, 11:05:23 AM

Didn't this come out around the same time as Tales of the Gold Monkey? As in, 30+ years ago? Or am I thinking of something else?

You're killing me here.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: June 14, 2012, 12:07:38 AM

The articles on season 2 say they're going to have the edutainment bits at the end of every episode. I loved the season 1 bits where they told kids about how the Incas used to sacrifice people in a totally neutral tone of voice.

"Goodbye, until next time."

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #9 on: June 14, 2012, 10:04:08 AM

You're killing me here.

That's out on DVD now.   Jack the dog!

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: The Mysterious Cities of Gold  
Jump to: