Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:05:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Bots are srs bznz 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bots are srs bznz  (Read 5471 times)
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

on: June 07, 2012, 08:16:10 PM

From the D3 general forum:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5573706514

10k accounts stolen he says (just his company), live streaming right now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NUQTATy5dc&feature=g-all-lsb

UPDATE: The same link above works but the livestream at YouTube (yes you actually can livestream at YouTube) has ended and now it is a traditional YouTube recording of the live segment.

EDIT: To summarize this long thread, the gold farmer has been stealing email/password data from 3rd party fan sites/wikis/forum websites for years going back to WoW. They have a bot who tries those in Diablo 24 hours a day until a match is found and then of course they rob it. Out of millions of stolen account information from these 3rd party sites about 10,000 so far were matches for Diablo logins.

They also try the login info in paypal and when a match is found they buy several copies of the game for their bots/mules/gold selling accounts.

The gold seller's computers running 100 (which equates to 200 as you can log into US and EU at same time) bot accounts farming the blacksmith's wife on inferno brings in about 30 million a hour which is a huge payday for a Chinese citizen. Each bot can load the quest and kill her in about 1-2 minutes.

The gold seller initially invested around $6,000 to get started at the game's release which covered computers and startup accounts.

The gold seller actually wants Blizzard's anti-cheat program called Warden updated to detect the bots because he says amateurs using inferior injection bots are taking a piece of his income. He is confident his bot is superior to any such patch so basically he wants his competition gone.

That's what I learned in watching the stream.

This blows my mind. The scale. This is one guy.

And Blizzard is bringing in a real money auction house?
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 08:33:26 PM

Interesting that he said he hasnt had any accounts banned out of 200 he has  so you can see they are hard at work to stop it lol.  He makes a retarded amount per hour, runs 24 hours a day and they dont have any way to I dunno...check that shit.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 09:55:22 PM

Haven't seen link but is there a possibilitythis is horseshit? Stealing paypal accounts alone seems like it would garner more attention.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 12:11:22 AM

Haven't seen link but is there a possibilitythis is horseshit? Stealing paypal accounts alone seems like it would garner more attention.

Even if it's made up the rest of it is happening for sure.   There are a lot of morons out there who just plug in the same username/pw to everything.   The fact that they are even bothering to run bots is the most skeptical thing to me.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: June 08, 2012, 06:02:15 AM

This just seems like someone's worst case scenario paranoid fantasy. It could have some truth to it but my bullshit sense is tingling

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #5 on: June 08, 2012, 07:26:06 AM

No way it's true. He says he uses a magical technique to make sure Warden can't find him.

Please.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: June 08, 2012, 07:28:29 AM

I must be missing something in the story, since it says he paid 6k for systems on release, and runs 100 copies of D3 at a time. I can't think of any 6k setup that could pull that off.

I'm not shocked by either bots (especially for that quest, since there are no random mobs in that path), or that accounts are hacked via stolen passwords from other sites. Do find it hard to believe that one dude is using this against paypal and constantly against bnet without getting mauled by fraud detection groups.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: June 08, 2012, 07:31:47 AM

Some report that Warden is not being used for Diablo 3 right now.

Who knows? It's not something Blizzard addresses often.

Some people have an awful lot of gold. I find it hard to believe that they are merely farming hell or inferno act I for it. There are still relatively few who can reliably play beyond act I inferno.

It does seem there are bots, at least auction house bots, but I suspect regular bots as well. The video seems to support it. And look at the gold seller spam on /general. It's practically nonstop.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: June 08, 2012, 09:02:22 AM

I don't doubt there are bots and farmers but close sort of superfarmer? That stretches belief just a bit

Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: June 08, 2012, 09:11:26 AM

Friend of mine tested breaking crates and stacking gold find in the hallway leading up to the mini event before the Skeleton King in Act 1 Inferno.  (Right before his ghost summons all those skellies and you have to knock down the four pillars if you're interested.)  He said he estimated after a few runs that it would easily be possible to farm 300 - 400k gold an hour.  There's a shitload of crates, and like one zombie you can easily run around.

I'm not gonna click that link for fear of phishing.  But that story does indeed sound like bullshit.  I'm sure there are bots doing similar things to the breaking crates plan.  But hundreds of PCs?  Eeeee.  I dunno.  

AKA Gyoza
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #10 on: June 08, 2012, 09:47:26 AM

A few people have mentioned that room now in one of the many "How I make x amount of gold per hour" threads on the official forums.  I bought some gold find gear and gave it a try but it was painfully boring to do and I stopped after my third run (each run only takes like a minute).
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: June 08, 2012, 09:58:51 AM

The original link is just a link to the official forums, just visit them and it's one of the hot topics on the right side of the page.

As for the Crypts room, I do that when I'm watching some TV or something. It's boring but it really is 250-400k/hr with only 160% gold find or so, as well as some blues/yellows and crafting plans/mats/gems. There are better farming spots (siegebreaker for instance) but this one is easy and safe.
squirrel
Contributor

Reply #12 on: June 08, 2012, 10:20:56 PM

Some report that Warden is not being used for Diablo 3 right now.

Who knows? It's not something Blizzard addresses often.

Some people have an awful lot of gold. I find it hard to believe that they are merely farming hell or inferno act I for it. There are still relatively few who can reliably play beyond act I inferno.

It does seem there are bots, at least auction house bots, but I suspect regular bots as well. The video seems to support it. And look at the gold seller spam on /general. It's practically nonstop.

I don't know about gameplay bots but there's certainly AH bots. I can't imagine there isn't farming bots, it's not that complex a game.

Speaking of marketing, we're out of milk.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: June 09, 2012, 07:03:48 AM

I must be missing something in the story, since it says he paid 6k for systems on release, and runs 100 copies of D3 at a time. I can't think of any 6k setup that could pull that off.
Did he start with 100 copies and all those computers.  If PayPal hacking is involved, there's no reason the operation couldn't have been expanded as the money came in.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Outlawedprod
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: June 10, 2012, 09:16:19 AM

Friend of mine tested breaking crates and stacking gold find in the hallway leading up to the mini event before the Skeleton King in Act 1 Inferno.  (Right before his ghost summons all those skellies and you have to knock down the four pillars if you're interested.)  He said he estimated after a few runs that it would easily be possible to farm 300 - 400k gold an hour.  There's a shitload of crates, and like one zombie you can easily run around.

This is how the pros did it.  DH pet ftw.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fylp-AVuX74

Of course now it's been "hotfixed"
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Bots are srs bznz  
Jump to: