Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:32:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: We can rebuild him. We have the technology. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: We can rebuild him. We have the technology.  (Read 3766 times)
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

on: February 18, 2005, 12:14:14 PM

Quote from: Reuters
Spain Doctor Rebuilds Penises Cut Off for AIDS Cure

MADRID (Reuters) - Two Kenyan boys whose penises were cut off to be sold for making anti-AIDS  potions have had them reconstructed in Spain, the doctor treating them said.

The adolescent boys, from a remote region near the border with Uganda, were mutilated after being given drugged food or drink by strangers.

"They had attacked them to cut off their penises to sell ... for making a type of potion which according to a local belief cures AIDS," Doctor Pedro Cavadas, from the Levante Rehabilitation Center told radio station Cadena Ser.

One of the boys also lost an ear trying to fend off his attackers after regaining consciousness during the mutilation.

"It seems that the dose of medication that they gave him to knock him out ... was badly calculated, and so he woke up in the middle of the attack," Cavadas said.

"He then tried to defend himself and because of this has a lot more injuries."

Cavadas runs a foundation that carries out all types of reconstructive surgery in Kenya.

The foundation's Web site said two people had been arrested in connection with penis mutilation, although it was not clear if they were linked to the attacks on the 12 and 14-year-old boys.

"The practice of mutilating the penises of virgin boys is not a tradition among Kenyan tribes. The object of this mutilation was to make a potion to cure HIV/AIDS," the Web site said.

Cavadas, who noted this type of attack was rare in Kenya, said the boys had been transformed by their surgery.

"They are fantastic, happy, their faces have changed and their lives have changed. They don't have to use a catheter ... and they can live like children, messing around and being naughty."
WayAbvPar

Reply #1 on: February 18, 2005, 12:51:07 PM

Dying of AIDS v drinking a cock potion. That is a tossup.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

Reply #2 on: February 18, 2005, 01:08:16 PM

the boys had been transformed by their surgery.

"They are fantastic, happy, their faces have changed and their lives have changed. They don't have to use a catheter ... and they can live like children, messing around and being naughty."

Emphasis mine...  I'm pretty sure I don't wanna know what Pedro means by this.

Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #3 on: February 18, 2005, 01:20:35 PM

Eww... eww... eww.

AlteredOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: February 18, 2005, 01:27:46 PM

Dying of AIDS v drinking a cock potion. That is a tossup.

Haha, yeah that's what you call an ethical quandary.  Does the AIDS patient know that a child is having his penis removed, just so that Mr/Mrs AIDS can have a second chance?  Of course, if you are stupid enough to think a penis potion will heal AIDS, you may well be the sort of mouth breather who does not consider where the penis comes from.

In other news, I'm finding it difficult to pity our post-Y2K HIV-positive community, many of whom seem to think it's cool to infect each other since it can be treated.  Nevermind that it costs tens of thousands of dollars a year to keep your average HIV-positive sex addict going strong.  Meanwhile, the entire health care system is in a crisis with spiralling costs.  Can we say "selfish unethical pricks" anyone?
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #5 on: February 18, 2005, 08:55:58 PM

I've just never understood how, under normal circumstances, someone gets the HIV by "accident". Felt like having a one-night stand? Too lazy to get tested or at least use a condom? Tough shit I say; Stop leeching our HMO's and let people who actually need the money get it, kthx.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #6 on: February 18, 2005, 09:23:15 PM

Stupid foreigners.  Penises cause HIV.  They don't cure it.  Duh.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: We can rebuild him. We have the technology.  
Jump to: