Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:24:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Auction Houses discussion 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Auction Houses discussion  (Read 5633 times)
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

on: May 16, 2012, 02:54:30 AM

In addition to this one, maybe we can create another (possibly sticky?) topic to let other F13 users know in advance about our specific auctions.
----

What's your opinion about both houses, especially the real money one? Will they be successful? And of course we'll see their evolution (new features, patches etc.) as the game life goes on.

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 03:31:25 AM

I'm wondering if it makes much sense to buy AH gear below level 60 -- I guess if it's a better deal than drops/vendor/crafted, but I'm not sure how much it makes sense.  Maybe for HC characters there's more value in paying for higher end gear?
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 06:04:22 AM

I'm wondering if it makes much sense to buy AH gear below level 60 -- I guess if it's a better deal than drops/vendor/crafted, but I'm not sure how much it makes sense.  Maybe for HC characters there's more value in paying for higher end gear?

Yes, I imagine that you will always find some stuff for low and mid levels, but where the AH will shine is of course at max. level (and the separate, hardcore one). I think that the "always on the move", dynamic acquirement of loot in a game like Diablo, paired with a quicker leveling process, is an entirely different beast compared to your average MMO auction house "business" model, right?

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 06:16:10 AM

No, there's always the fool with more money than sense.  You use the AH to take it from them.

My example? Crafting mats.  I had more than I know what to do with. The patterns are filler and often below what I can get as drops - other than having more stats on average.  So since I had 140 essence I put up 100 for auction this morning to see if they'd sell. I listed them just slightly below the average for each unit.  Bam, gone before I could drop a few fangs as well. 

This makes zero sense to me as it's so easy to get them. But, as I said; some people have more money than sense.

Of course, this makes me believe there's also AH bots out there already. No way a listing I put up should disappear in 2 seconds after hitting "sell"

Search the Legendary items, too.  Plenty of listings already, just a question of if they'll sell at the asking prices.  The average for a Level 22 item was 100k gold.  I listed a few level 9 yellows at 5k, we'll see if they move.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 09:54:17 AM

The AH didn't seem to be working for me earlier.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Bann
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: May 16, 2012, 10:37:57 AM

I posted 3 yellow auctions last night, all @ 10k with a 12.5k buyout. One was a pair of pants with a bunch of str and a socket and some other piddly stuff, sold immediately. One was a amulet with a lot of STR/DEX/INT and a socket, had not sold by the time I went to bed. The other was a gigantic stat templar relic, also unsold.

My theory right now is to sell while a ton of people are looking for loot for newish characters. I imagine once people get through the game once, the market for lvl 10-25 rares will be pretty low, as people well have gear to pass down to new characters or be able to craft.

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: May 16, 2012, 10:59:13 AM

I looked around, but the way I am playing (leveling up a bunch of chaaracters at once across a few groups of friends), it seems silly to invest in an item that is going to be replaced by sheer leveling for now.  Once I get up towards the end game I'll probably start using it (gold only, I intend to try and avoid the RMAH), as I assume there will be little to no Diablo 2 style straight up trading.
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #7 on: May 16, 2012, 01:26:35 PM

Well, keep in mind, late game 10k will be complete chump change, so if someone spends that on a piece of twink gear for their alt, no big deal to them.

I bought someone's essences for 26g/each. I didn't realize they were that cheap, to me, that means that it is almost always better to vendor items and then buy the essences off the AH. People who DE are suckers.

Now I'm going to sell all the rares I find, and ESPECIALLY any gear that I 'replace' off my character - I know the stats are desirable already, so they should fetch a good price.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #8 on: May 16, 2012, 01:27:38 PM

Well, keep in mind, late game 10k will be complete chump change.

I bought someone's essences for 26g/each. I didn't realize they were that cheap, to me, that means that it is almost always better to vendor items and then buy the essences off the AH. People who DE are suckers.

Don't you judge me!  why so serious?

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #9 on: May 16, 2012, 01:35:41 PM

I have to imagine the essence price will stabilize at something more directly related to the vendor cost of the items you crush to get them.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #10 on: May 16, 2012, 02:02:22 PM

I suspect the price is depressed because it's so easy/fast to plow through act 1 on fast forward and just mass-DE every blue.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: May 16, 2012, 04:13:02 PM

AH started working for me, sold several rare items so far for 5-8K each. Quite happy just to move them out of my stash, and then use the gold to buy more stash space since I'm maxed out on artisans for now.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #12 on: May 16, 2012, 06:18:52 PM

Well, keep in mind, late game 10k will be complete chump change, so if someone spends that on a piece of twink gear for their alt, no big deal to them.

Now I'm going to sell all the rares I find, and ESPECIALLY any gear that I 'replace' off my character - I know the stats are desirable already, so they should fetch a good price.

Fark, wish I had been thinking about this more clearly before. Note to NPC my future blue junk.
Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #13 on: May 16, 2012, 06:50:13 PM

I looked into selling some random yellows on the AH, but I have no  idea how to price them. Tried searching for some comparative items to see what they went for, but there are like 9 million results in the search. undecided

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #14 on: May 16, 2012, 06:52:40 PM

I am trying a sale price roughly 20x what the sell price is for rare and buyout around double that (rares priced at 300 are put on the market for 6000). It might be too much, I don't know. Most of my rares are buyout 9k-12k.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #15 on: May 16, 2012, 07:26:24 PM

Bought a yellow for 1k and reposted at 5k - sold 2 hours later!

Love AH!

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Auction Houses discussion  
Jump to: