Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:41:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Ring Drop Sound, Mp3 Wanted. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ring Drop Sound, Mp3 Wanted.  (Read 9387 times)
schild
Administrator

on: May 15, 2012, 08:49:20 PM

It has come to my attention that Diablo 3 does not have any meaningful Ring drop sound.

Can someone score me an mp3/wav from one of the other Diablo titles so I can make it my text message sound? I need that back in my life. I've waited 10 years.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 08:50:25 PM

ACK!

I never saw a ring drop in the open beta. I just figured it was in there, waiting for me.

Heartbreak
lesion

Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 08:52:54 PM

This is what I have offhand: http://depositfiles.com/files/wrcwjhbg7

steam|a grue \[T]/
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 08:53:46 PM

I haven't had a ring drop either, I assumed The Sound would be there when it happened.

GAME RUINED FOREVER

God Save the Horn Players
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #4 on: May 15, 2012, 09:00:56 PM

Its going to get worse. There is no gem sound either. Honestly I have no fucking idea how they can be this incompetent.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #5 on: May 15, 2012, 09:19:30 PM

Its going to get worse. There is no gem sound either. Honestly I have no fucking idea how they can be this incompetent.

What a bunch of chuckle fucks.

The horadric cube transformation sound still around?
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: May 15, 2012, 09:20:23 PM

Doubtful as I don't think there's a Horadric Cube anymore.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #7 on: May 15, 2012, 09:40:01 PM

C'MON BLUE GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER

schild
Administrator

Reply #8 on: May 15, 2012, 09:41:27 PM

100% chance of there being a mod or patch for all these things within 2 weeks.
schild
Administrator

Reply #9 on: May 15, 2012, 09:41:58 PM

This is what I have offhand: http://depositfiles.com/files/wrcwjhbg7
What a terrible download site.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #10 on: May 15, 2012, 09:43:59 PM

Doubtful as I don't think there's a Horadric Cube anymore.

They could still use it for some cinematic/in game effect.

This is just sadface. This is why the rune change is so disliked.

I understand that the amount of customisation has actually increased, but people have been trained by blizzard to press stat+ buttons, hear ring/amulet/gem sounds and transmute chipped gems into cracked ones.
Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #11 on: May 15, 2012, 09:46:09 PM

Well, the ring/gem drop sound thing seems like something totally fixable.  Who knows, maybe it was an oversight, or just is further down on the bug list.  Maybe if enough people made noise and brought it to their attention... ^^
lesion

Reply #12 on: May 15, 2012, 09:47:41 PM

Help me help you. Or just deal with it. >:(

steam|a grue \[T]/
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: May 15, 2012, 09:49:29 PM

You can still upgrade gems, you just do it at an NPC instead of in a cube.

schild
Administrator

Reply #14 on: May 15, 2012, 09:59:21 PM

Help me help you. Or just deal with it. >:(
Those sites are  Get off my lawn!.

Dropbox is where it's at and you know it.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #15 on: May 16, 2012, 04:51:32 AM

I couldn't have said it better. If this is true, what the hell were they thinking? No seriously, I want to know: what the hell were they thinking? Someone tell me.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #16 on: May 16, 2012, 05:16:02 AM

It's true.  I'm at 22 now and have had 10 gem drops so far, no special sound.  Ditto the rings and amulets, which I didn't know I'd picked-up until selling/ breaking-down the useless blues.

Worse yet, gems are white so if you're in the habit of "not seeing" white items because it's pointless to pickup and sell them you may pass some up.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
vex
Terracotta Army

Smock, turban, latex gloves and rubber slippers.

Reply #17 on: May 16, 2012, 05:38:59 AM

I have not seen gems yet but I thought this same thing when I got a ring drop.   I used to have a Pavlovian response to that sound.  It's all very disappointing.
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #18 on: May 16, 2012, 05:48:47 AM

In world history, Wars have been started over much less.

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: May 16, 2012, 06:02:52 AM

What has been noticed cannot be unnoticed, I hate this thread for bringing it to my attention.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #20 on: May 16, 2012, 06:06:29 AM

Weird they'd leave out literally the most iconic thing about the Diablo series.

The story/setting/characters are literally the last thing I think of when I think Diablo. I think the goddamn "PING!" sound, and to a lesser extent the gem drop and plate drop sounds (Pally player, remember).

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: May 16, 2012, 07:00:48 AM

You can still upgrade gems, you just do it at an NPC instead of in a cube.

Can you combine gems?
Bann
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: May 16, 2012, 07:44:06 AM

Gems can be combined. You get a gem artisan just like the blacksmith. You have to level him up to upgrade gems. My guy can make flawless gems, but to level him up again I need some kind of artisian page thing in addition to gold. I've not seen any pages yet. (just finished a4 normal, dipped a toe in a1 NM.)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 08:32:14 AM by Bann »
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: May 16, 2012, 09:00:56 AM

Yea, upgrade/combine. 3 of a chipped makes a flawed, etc. Same system it's just not in a box. Pages start dropping in Nightmare; after doing the first handful of A1 quests I'd found 11 BS pages and 6 JC pages.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #24 on: May 17, 2012, 12:47:23 AM

It has come to my attention that Diablo 3 does not have any meaningful Ring drop sound.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #25 on: May 17, 2012, 01:19:57 AM

This is pissing me off the more I get into my groove. Every time I find a gem I literally stop and think about how many gems I might have missed during that run.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #26 on: May 17, 2012, 01:21:07 AM

Rings and Amulets DO have a specific sound that's different from normal drops.  Its just very low key (I recognize the sound....perhaps the shrine sound from Diablo 2?  Something like that).

Still, pretty fucking mind boggling that they left that out.  I also would love to read an explanation on what they were thinking.  I really can't comprehend how they could actively decide not to include that, or a special sound for gems.  I really hope they patch fix this..

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #27 on: May 17, 2012, 01:41:00 AM

No special sound for gems bugs me even more because of the whole color thing. I like to think I got all the gems that dropped this evening BUT I DON'T KNOW FOR SURE

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Ring Drop Sound, Mp3 Wanted.  
Jump to: