Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:29:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Ask Statesman #3 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ask Statesman #3  (Read 2131 times)
eldaec
Terracotta Army

on: February 18, 2005, 06:06:38 AM

Short version...

Devs accept that 'power 10' isn't working.
Incoming tools for sg management - including removing absentee leaders.
Personal housing as well as sg HQs is planned.
Process by which heroes can 'fall' and become villians is planned, but not for CoV launch.
Arena pvp will include a points system, badges for organised torneys, and influence wagers.

Quote from: Statesman
In the days of Issue 2, you mentioned that the Dev team was working on/testing "something very comic booky" for Tankers. Is that still in the works? Has it been scrapped as unviable? Was it already released, and we simply haven't recognized what it is?

We have no imminent changes planned for Tankers. To a degree, the increased damage was to get the Tanker somewhat more 'comic booky'. The goal was to make him feel more powerful.

Statesman, Are you going to be at E3, and what will you be showing off there?

Yes. You’ll just need to wait and see (though I think City of Villains would be a good guess)…

Is anything being done to address the issue of delinquent SG leaders/members? IE - Will we ever be able to remove leaders/members who leave the game without warning?

Yes. We’re working on a whole bunch of Super Group additions – many of which were gathered from Forum suggestions.

What is the rationale behind the Power 10 architecture for enhancements? Why is it alright to buy hold DO enhancements at level 12 from a shop, but not slow DO enhancements? Is there a game balance issue I'm not seeing?

We wanted to make the most commonly needed Enhancements readily available; the power 10 were chosen for their almost universal appeal. That hasn’t really worked out so well, to be honest. Basically, receiving an Enhancement isn’t special at all. People get all the Enhancements they need at the store and sell the rest.

My question involves housing. Will it be possible for an individual hero to get a home base or 'lair' at some point? I don't mean the supergroup base, I mean one that is either strictly their own or just for their own account.

We have some plans for individual housing options, but we’re not ready to talk about it.

Will it be possible to change sides with my 'good' CoH character when CoV comes out? Will there be a mission or something to become a bad guy for existing chars?

Eventually, yes. We currently don’t think that will be with release, but this feature will soon follow.

Will there be changes in the graphics with City of Villains? More character details and/or world details? Special f/x? Do I need to upgrade my PC?

You won’t need to upgrade your PC, but we are adding some new tech to take advantage of the new video cards out there.

Will there be any changes to Flight to make it look a bit flashier, ie barrel rolls when flying forward and strafing, or letting us fly in loops?

This is on the back burner.

Is there any chance of introducing new items of clothing at higher levels for our characters to wear? Maybe a crown, or jewel encrusted hat of some kind. More seriously, are there more models of cape coming anytime soon, perhaps something very large and brooding?

We’d like to add costume pieces as rewards for particular missions or task forces. For example, if you do a mission for the Freedom Phalanx, you’d unlock the ability to purchase a special Freedom Phalanx cape at Icon.

As for capes in general, we’re looking at ways to improve them and increase their variety.

Can you confirm that there will be a 'spectator' mode for PvP in Issue #4? How will it work? Can you also explain more about what 'rewards' we'll get for winning PvP fights?

Yes, there’s a spectator mode. Anyone can enter a match in the form of a floating camera. Because there’s a chance that some people might be a spectator to spy for their friends in the match, players in the match can target and destroy the cameras.

In the Arena, there is a Chess style ranking system. Players win points for victories and lose points for losses. The greater the points another character has accumulated, the more you would get for defeating him. The fewer the points another character has, the less you would get for defeating him.

Additionally, players can earn badges for officially sanctioned tournaments and they can bet Influence on their bouts.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1 on: February 18, 2005, 07:45:06 AM

Betting on PVP.... awesomeness.  smiley

jpark
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: February 18, 2005, 08:36:25 AM

This is another reason I like CoH - Issues are not "patches".  They are advancing the game, since they don't have broken features to fix that were promised on release.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2005, 08:38:38 AM by jpark »

"I think my brain just shoved its head up its own ass in retaliation.
"  HaemishM.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Ask Statesman #3  
Jump to: