Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:28:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: SCIENCE FACTS about dailies and money 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: SCIENCE FACTS about dailies and money  (Read 2860 times)
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

on: May 10, 2012, 07:23:59 PM

So, I had some free time today so I decided to do a little experiment to see what the income rate from doing dailies really is.

I did all the non-heroic dailies on Belsavis, Corellia, and Ilum. All times begin from when I clicked on the ship door to go to the planet, so they include time riding through space stations and on speeders and stuff. End time for each planet is when I turned in the last quest (after selling all the drops I got on that planet and repairing to full.) You can see it takes about 4 minutes to go from the last turn-in to exiting your ship on the next planet.

A couple notes: I am a decently well-geared JK tank, but nothing crazy - oranges with 51/50/50 mods, and crit-crafted earpiece/implants/shield. Companion is not as good as that and still has a few greens. No raid gear or any of those Rakata implants or whatever from the daily vendor even. I do have a large presence bonus (220) and 3 out of the 4 buffs from Legacy (missing the consular/inquisitor one.) I used fast travel twice, once on the way out of Belsavis and once as a shortcut on Ilum. For the healer pet I put him in DPS stance and turned off his CC and his cast heal. I do have the 110% speeder.

Belsavis (8 daily commendations gained):

Starting cash: 176,861 credits
Starting time: 5:12 PM

Ending cash: 265,070 credits
Ending time: 5:59 PM

Corellia (6 daily commendations gained):

Starting cash: 265,070 credits
Starting time: 6:04 PM

Ending cash: 318,996 credits
Ending time: 6:25 PM

Ilum (5 daily commendations gained):

Starting cash: 318,996 credits
Starting time: 6:29 PM

Ending cash: 389,802 credits
Ending time: 6:59 PM

Total elapsed time is roughly 1 hour 45 min and made me roughly 213,000 credits. (Also picked up random crafting mats - maybe ~35 each of tier 6 and ~15 each of tier 5 scavenging - and a couple planetary commendations here and there.)

I'll do the heroics next, I am pretty sure I can solo all the Belsavis H2s at least - I used to not be able to handle the Ilum one solo but that was pre-Legacy.

===================

TLDR: Money is easy to make in this game, and if you have limited time Corellia dailies are your best bet - they took me 20 minutes and I made over 50k (plus 6 commendations.)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 07:28:05 PM by Ingmar »

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 07:38:38 PM

This is what happens when Ingmar takes vacation time but we don't actually go anywhere.  why so serious?

God Save the Horn Players
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 08:18:19 PM

at cap?
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 08:24:13 PM

Dailies are at cap, yes. He's doing this as his level 50 JK.

God Save the Horn Players
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 08:43:35 PM

The 4 heroic 2s:

Ilum was too hard for me to solo still.  embarassed

Belsavis has 3:

A Lesson Learned - this one took me about 13 minutes to solo and wasn't too hard - this is the one that was always a H2. I am pretty sure a non-tank could solo this in the right circumstances.
The Stasis Generator and Open Communications - I was barely, barely able to manage these with my current gear. These are the 2 that were converted from H4s in 1.2. These are definitely not solo friendly for non tanks and even for lesser geared tanks. You need to be pretty good with interrupts as well. They took me about 30 min. combined.

So, yeah, doing them is slow - all told they add around 45-50 minutes on top of a normal run through the Belsavis dailies. However they're worth a total of 9 commendations for the 3 on Belsavis, and on this run I made 73k credits doing them and selling drops less than blue quality, plus got some miscellaneous blues/oranges/recipes/mods that I can turn around and sell on the AH for another chunk of change (on this particular run vendor value of that stuff was about 20k). So, they are certainly worth doing if you can handle them and have the time.

Mind you add a 2nd player to the mix and they all become a good bit easier and faster - although you'll get less cash splitting things 2 ways.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 08:49:53 PM by Ingmar »

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: SCIENCE FACTS about dailies and money  
Jump to: