Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:18:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: How to Win at GW2: A Theory. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How to Win at GW2: A Theory.  (Read 5347 times)
Kitsune
Terracotta Army

on: May 06, 2012, 11:00:46 PM

Step 1: Buy a pile of XP boosters on the gem store.
Step 2: Grind like your life depended on it.
Step 3: Hit 80 while everyone else is still averaging around 20-30.
Step 4: Continue grinding for money.
Step 4a: Spend your level 80 gold on gems while most players are still thinking 20 silver is a small fortune.  Buy gems constantly.
Step 5: Get far more gems with game money than you spent for the boosters.  Buy everything you want/need from the gem store.
Step 6: Wait for gems to decuple in value within a month.
Step 7: Dump excess gems back on the market for massive wealth.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 07:52:15 AM

How many people do you think will be selling diamonds on the AH so early into release that you can buy them for a few silver?
Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 07:32:45 PM

Enough, I think.  When they run up against an empty wallet and something they want to buy, ponying up a hundred gems on the market is 'just' a little over a buck, after all!  Easy enough for an impulse sale to scrounge up the money for the level 11 skill book, for example.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 07:28:10 AM

Enough, I think.  When they run up against an empty wallet and something they want to buy, ponying up a hundred gems on the market is 'just' a little over a buck, after all!  Easy enough for an impulse sale to scrounge up the money for the level 11 skill book, for example.

There is nothing you need money for in this game unless you take up crafting or run rampant through the AH.  You should have plenty of income.  I haven't seen any gold sinks in this game yet.  No mounts, a lot of gear is purchased with Karma. 

Maybe I'm missing something, I was able to purchase trait books just fine.
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 08:35:47 AM

You probably weren't crafting and for sure weren't cooking.  Cooking is a serious money sink.  The original post seems like far too much effort for me considering I can probably buy all the gems I'll want by selling a some used books on Amazon or bringing my  lunch to work once a week instead of eating out.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: May 09, 2012, 09:13:25 AM

I was breaking down gear to store crafting materials.  Purchasing salvaging kits and not selling those items can create a bit of a deficit.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Spiff
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: May 09, 2012, 09:49:26 AM

I'd say gear breakage was a bit of a money sink, especially since it also breaks in PvP and I didn't get that much gold in WvW.

Not saying it was hard to keep up with it or anything, but then I didn't craft either and I could imagine wanting a few cool costumes from the AH once I invest in a character, which will probably cost a pretty penny.

As far as the OP goes; why would you want to?
Christ, just throw an extra 10 bob at the cash store or something.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: May 09, 2012, 11:47:09 AM

You probably weren't crafting and for sure weren't cooking.  Cooking is a serious money sink.  The original post seems like far too much effort for me considering I can probably buy all the gems I'll want by selling a some used books on Amazon or bringing my  lunch to work once a week instead of eating out.

I did say "unless you take up crafting".
Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: May 09, 2012, 01:59:47 PM

As far as the OP goes; why would you want to?
Christ, just throw an extra 10 bob at the cash store or something.

Getting a fully upgraded bank on your account is around 700 bob, if I'm getting the currency conversion correct.  Unlocking the three bag slots is 120 bob per character.  That's why the effort is worthwhile; the costs of the cash store are quite high if you buy the gems outright.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: How to Win at GW2: A Theory.  
Jump to: