Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:59:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: Goals for next BWE 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Goals for next BWE  (Read 16790 times)
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

on: May 04, 2012, 07:37:36 AM

What are your goals for the next BWE?
I will use this information to decide guild upgrades.

Mine:
Experement with Combos
Guild group WvW
Max out Elementalist
Decide on my melee class.

"Me am play gods"
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 07:40:27 AM

Actually be able to play for more than the starting areas without corruption issues <3
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 07:45:49 AM

Mess around with the ranged classes I haven't tried yet (mesmer, ranger). Melee is still not going to happen with my eu -> us ping.
Try a dungeon (if there's a low-level one and/or there is a level bump to 30 this time).
Check out the WvW thing (missed it last time, got too caught up in structured).
Fix water purifier.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 08:04:31 AM

See if I can level effectively through only pvp and wvw. 
Mess with crafting.
Try the remaining classes to at least level 10.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Mavor
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 08:07:54 AM

I want to see how viable high-mobility WvW groups are for picking off quarters/halves of "the blob". Right now thinking signet of the wild + rotating swiftness ranger group... haven't looked into most of the other classes yet for their mobility... elementalist also has a 10% move speed buff so might be a good idea.

Thinking about abusing +30% pet move speed to get chill-stacking pets on someone and then spiking them down at long range.

Guerrilla warfare basically.

Also played around with the idea of abusing the guardian 10 second area-bubble to lock people into a small area for a bombing group... a few ele's spamming AOE killing everyone inside for instance.... however in the last weekend event I was just incredibly bored with blob vs blob... *shrug*
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 08:26:05 AM

Try out tailoring and jewel crafting probably roll up an Elementalist  and do more world pvp than I did last time. 
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #6 on: May 04, 2012, 08:29:35 AM

Avoid reading about it on these boards...  awesome, for real

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: May 04, 2012, 08:40:00 AM

I want to see how viable high-mobility WvW groups are for picking off quarters/halves of "the blob". Right now thinking signet of the wild + rotating swiftness ranger group... haven't looked into most of the other classes yet for their mobility... elementalist also has a 10% move speed buff so might be a good idea.

Thinking about abusing +30% pet move speed to get chill-stacking pets on someone and then spiking them down at long range.

Guerrilla warfare basically.

Also played around with the idea of abusing the guardian 10 second area-bubble to lock people into a small area for a bombing group... a few ele's spamming AOE killing everyone inside for instance.... however in the last weekend event I was just incredibly bored with blob vs blob... *shrug*

There is a five player max for AOE's so you will need to focus on small groups.

Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: May 04, 2012, 09:47:03 AM

I just want to try more classes. I love playing healers so class choices are usually a no brainer for me, without a dedicated healer, it feels like I have all kinds of freedom to find something new and interesting to play.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: May 04, 2012, 11:51:13 AM

Guild bank? (Probably not as necessary for beta, but it is a permanent unlock.

With several of them taking a while to upgrade, you might want to start raising the levels amongst all the categories ASAP so we can try and have options for the later events.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #10 on: May 04, 2012, 12:18:26 PM

I think I'm going to try to have all my homework done before it starts, so I can actually play it past level 4.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: May 06, 2012, 10:12:02 AM

Anyone got an idea when the next BWE is gonna be ?

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: May 06, 2012, 10:34:37 AM

Two or three weeks at least most likely. I think d3 will go onto the buy list.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: May 08, 2012, 07:53:23 AM

Mess around with the ranged classes I haven't tried yet (mesmer, ranger). Melee is still not going to happen with my eu -> us ping.
Try a dungeon (if there's a low-level one and/or there is a level bump to 30 this time).
Check out the WvW thing (missed it last time, got too caught up in structured).
Fix water purifier.

Ranger is much better as a melee character.  If you happen to play one, use Greatsword and sword/dagger combo.  So good.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: May 08, 2012, 07:53:50 AM

If I had to guess, it'll be the last weekend of the month.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: May 08, 2012, 09:20:48 AM

Ranger is much better as a melee character.  If you happen to play one, use Greatsword and sword/dagger combo.  So good.
Greatsword and Axe/Torch is my preference.  Although I keep going over character ideas and I'm betting I end up with at least two Rangers.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: May 08, 2012, 11:19:23 AM

Ranger is much better as a melee character.  If you happen to play one, use Greatsword and sword/dagger combo.  So good.
Greatsword and Axe/Torch is my preference.  Although I keep going over character ideas and I'm betting I end up with at least two Rangers.

Axe is pretty good for ranged I have to agree, but my ideas are for PVP.

My thoughts is that the Greatsword's charge is a fantastic gap closer on a short cooldown.  Also has a stun and bleed.  The sword/dagger have fantastic mobility and evasion built into it.  Couple that with pet-swap = uber haste for a few seconds, means a blur of attacks.

Think Drizzt.   awesome, for real
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: May 08, 2012, 11:53:17 AM

I was digging my sword/shield warrior.  I wonder if shield will even be viable in pvp. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: May 08, 2012, 02:47:01 PM

Axe is pretty good for ranged I have to agree, but my ideas are for PVP.
I like ranged in PvP as it gives you mobility while continuing to do damage.  The torch is nice because 4 gives you a burn, and 5 gives you a burn field, so it effectively gives offense and defense.  Even more offense if others are with you.

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: May 08, 2012, 03:39:20 PM

The horn seemed to be the king of the mobility off-hands though, with that group runspeed buff.  Plus the other ability has hands down the best animation in the game.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Over and out.
Crumbs
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: May 09, 2012, 07:36:26 AM

If I had to guess, it'll be the last weekend of the month.

That would be great, as Monday the 28th is Memorial Day.  I'd have to convince my wife that the area around the computer desk is to be considered as a 3 day bio-dome project.   DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: May 09, 2012, 08:39:19 AM

I'd think the last thing they want to do is have there engineering, QA and support folks working over the holiday to support a beta weekend.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: May 09, 2012, 11:48:12 AM

I'd think the last thing they want to do is have there engineering, QA and support folks working over the holiday to support a beta weekend.

Didn't Bioware do this around Thanksgiving?  I can't remember.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: May 09, 2012, 12:35:43 PM

Not to mention releasing right before Christmas...

It's funny someone thinks game devs get holidays.

Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: May 09, 2012, 01:53:34 PM

Not to mention releasing right before Christmas...

It's funny someone thinks game devs get holidays.

oops I forgot about the special corner of hell game devs work in.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: May 09, 2012, 11:56:39 PM

So it's not a BWE (and I'm out of town/would have been working anyways), but Monday the 14th they're going to run a 7 hour stress test from 11-6PDT. You know, while everyone's at work.
Tyrnan
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: May 10, 2012, 03:22:38 AM

Hmm, that's EU primetime. Maybe they want to stress our servers. Was anyone here in the last one and able to confirm if EU servers were even available for it? Assuming it's not under NDA of course.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #27 on: May 10, 2012, 04:27:04 AM

So it's not a BWE (and I'm out of town/would have been working anyways), but Monday the 14th they're going to run a 7 hour stress test from 11-6PDT. You know, while everyone's at work.

Interesting to see how the stress test ends EXACTLY at midnight European time, the moment Diablo 3 gets released. I assume they want to wrap it all up, go home and play as soon as humanly possible.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: May 10, 2012, 08:30:36 AM

Looks like I'm taking Monday off.  Yay!

-  Mark Twain
Spiff
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: May 10, 2012, 08:31:23 AM

There were almost as many EU servers for the last BWE as US ones I think (didn't count them, but there were well over a dozen).
Still a weird choice, considering the timing of the last BWE didn't seem to be EU focused at all (it ended monday morning here).

Although it would be pretty  DRILLING AND MANLINESS  if it actually was because of D3.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: May 10, 2012, 04:43:30 PM

Dunno about the EU, I presume they're involved as well. It was just a post on their facebook page or some such. I presume the real reason for the timing is that they want to fuck with something on their overflow servers or network gear while people are at the office before the next actual BWE.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: May 14, 2012, 10:08:09 AM

Isn't this supposed to be up now?

I am the .00000001428%
Abelian75
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: May 14, 2012, 10:09:38 AM

In one hour, I think.
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: May 14, 2012, 05:28:58 PM

I connected about an hour in and it was fairly smooth, I did notice at one point that interacting with NPCs and traveling through  gates between zones was fairly laggy, like 1 or 2 seconds from clicking to anything happening laggy.  I just dinked around on my 16 Charr Ranger since there didn't seem to be much point in making a new character.  I did try out leather working and it was much easier and cheaper to make something useful (8 slot bags) early on.
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: May 14, 2012, 06:21:22 PM

Played for a couple of hours (getting up really early in the morning). Logging in and having some NPC run up to you and say, "The water plant is under attack, please come help" then joining others in smashing bandits really is the strength of this game. The combat mechanics are going to take a while though, there's certainly complexity there but whether it is coherent or chaotic I'm still unsure about. The skills are certainly complex enough.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: Goals for next BWE  
Jump to: