Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:01:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Gaming Conferences and Conventions  |  Topic: PAX Prime 2012 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: PAX Prime 2012  (Read 19410 times)
murdoc
Terracotta Army

on: May 03, 2012, 07:17:45 AM

So - tickets went on sale last week, melted their reservation system, went BACK on sale yesterday and they're already sold out of 3-day and Saturday passes.

I'll be going again this year and same deal applies - first round of beers on Saturday are on me.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 11:46:41 AM

Jesus Christ.  Is it that time again already?

If they're sold out of 3-day passes I'll probably skip it, not really worth making the flight up to Seattle if I'm not doing the whole show.  Bleh.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 06:56:35 AM

Yea, I missed the window. Even the one days for Saturday were already gone. Not quite sure what I'll do, since my buddy did get his 3 day. Certainly not going to pay some asshole the $300 they are asking for online already. Maybe the scalpers will come down closer to the event.

This would be me fifth consecutive, so I'll probably pay something stupid to make sure I don't miss it.

Pretty amazing, went from 22 days to sell out last year - to something like 6 hours this year.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: May 05, 2012, 04:06:55 AM

What did you expect?  It's the People's/Gamer's E3.  It's good to see such things happening.

Now if we could only get them to happen in the SE United States.  South Florida isn't THAT bad  why so serious?

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 06:42:07 AM

I've been to conventions down there - yes it is. Far too hot and muggy to allow that many nerds to converge.

MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #5 on: May 26, 2012, 11:15:36 PM

Yea, I missed the window. Even the one days for Saturday were already gone. Not quite sure what I'll do, since my buddy did get his 3 day. Certainly not going to pay some asshole the $300 they are asking for online already. Maybe the scalpers will come down closer to the event.

This would be me fifth consecutive, so I'll probably pay something stupid to make sure I don't miss it.

Pretty amazing, went from 22 days to sell out last year - to something like 6 hours this year.
Bought my 3-day for PAX-East this year from a website crew that were unloading them for cost in front of the building because they had gotten press credentials for a couple of their friends.  There are ways.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #6 on: August 01, 2012, 06:39:39 PM

Well, I just won an ebay auction for tickets, because I really didn't feel like heading down there without tickets in my pocket.

At $170 for the weekend, I'm not sure whether to be excited or to feel like a chump.
Bah, its only money, and a five year streak was on the line.

Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #7 on: August 01, 2012, 10:11:40 PM

I'm not going to go because of the cost, but if there's a meetup sometime, I'd be interested in joining.  I work about three blocks from the center, so it would be easy to meet.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: August 14, 2012, 06:46:13 AM

I'm thinking meeting up for beers on the Saturday night again is a must.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #9 on: August 14, 2012, 10:57:34 AM

We're up for that. Just confirmed that my overly expensive tickets are being sent out today, so I'll be there.

The Taphouse again? Unless Hawkbit has a better suggestion.

Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #10 on: August 16, 2012, 09:10:41 PM

I forgot that's Bumbershoot, and we're planning on being there most of the day.  So I'm likely out for the meetup, sorry.  If we didn't have friends in town I'd just leave my wife and grab the monorail over, but I'd feel like a dick leaving visiting friends.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #11 on: August 25, 2012, 11:30:41 PM

Just read through the Exhibitor list. No Bioware. I know they don't have anything big coming out this winter, but still - they've had a massive presence there every time I've gone.

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #12 on: August 27, 2012, 06:31:22 AM

Ok, ignore the last post that I don't think anyone read anyways. Seems they decided to have their own private panel room/theater, instead of being on the main floor.

murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: August 27, 2012, 10:23:41 AM

yeah, they have their own theatre and are repeating the same panels in it all three days.

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/08/24/bioware-at-pax-prime/

murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: August 30, 2012, 06:53:47 AM

So, those the are going to be there - Taphouse Saturday night. PM for contact info if you want.

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #15 on: August 30, 2012, 12:33:35 PM

I'll be there - meeting co-workers at the Taphouse Friday night, but I'll show up Saturday as well.

Probably won't have roaming on my phone, but I'll check here before I head out Saturday.

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #16 on: August 31, 2012, 05:32:02 PM

Day one: 9:30 AM - playing Borderlands 2 half an hour before they let the rabble on to the show floor. Booya accessability badge +1. Oh, and heavily dropped hint that those attending thier Sunday panel will get the game. (which is Gold and due October).

11:10 AM - Bioware voice actor panel. I think I am even more in love with Jennifer Hale than before, and she only skyped in to the panel.  Plus Ali Hillis (Liara) spent the whole  panel flirting with her shamelessly. It was entertaining.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: September 06, 2012, 04:13:59 AM

If anyone scores some League of Legends swag/codes they don't want, I can take them off your hands  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #18 on: September 06, 2012, 02:31:57 PM

What he said.  why so serious?

murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: September 06, 2012, 02:58:34 PM

Swag lines were over 2 hours so I didn't even bother to see if they had any there, and I didn't even think to check the Riot booth.

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #20 on: September 07, 2012, 05:12:00 AM

Only thing I got was a free trial type thing to check the game out, no skins or anything. Oh and Murdoc, you didn't miss much with the swagbags. The highlight was a Magic starter deck with two uncommons in it.

Mind you, I avoided the LoL theatre/arena like the plague.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Gaming Conferences and Conventions  |  Topic: PAX Prime 2012  
Jump to: