Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 08:07:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: First Impressions 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 Go Down Print
Author Topic: First Impressions  (Read 322334 times)
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #980 on: October 02, 2012, 10:15:42 AM

Have they removed chests from DE bosses? I remember getting one everytime we dropped the guy in the Norn 15ish level area (who tried to summon the dragon), I'd actually log there while I was doing that zone, so I would occasionally log into the DE and get a quick chest. Then the DE up in the end of that zone didn't end with a chest and I don't think I've seen one since other than a couple puzzle chests.

Not last I looked. The chest will only be visible to N number of players though in large event cases like 200 people vs a dragon.

The one broken chest that people farm is in Harathi, at the centaur fort boss. It's ALWAYS spawned for everyone, so you can just show up at any point during the chain and loot the splendid chest. It's not a DE chest though, just the awesome loot type with a ~4-6 hour respawn.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #981 on: October 02, 2012, 10:16:29 AM

Yellows for me have only started popping up sporadically in the 40-50 zones.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #982 on: October 02, 2012, 10:35:54 AM

Yellows for me have only started popping up sporadically in the 40-50 zones.

I didn't really start seeing them until my 60's. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #983 on: October 02, 2012, 10:39:03 AM

Didn't see them until I started using magic find food.

"Me am play gods"
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #984 on: October 02, 2012, 10:44:41 AM

Where is someplace good to look for a low 30s character? I think my warrior is 33. I haven't seen a yellow yet, and I'm mostly in crafted stuff since I'm perpetually down-leveled.
I think the lowest level a rare can spawn is 39. At least that's the lowest I've seen other than a few oddities like the griffon necklace.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #985 on: October 02, 2012, 11:33:52 AM

Have they removed chests from DE bosses? I remember getting one everytime we dropped the guy in the Norn 15ish level area (who tried to summon the dragon), I'd actually log there while I was doing that zone, so I would occasionally log into the DE and get a quick chest. Then the DE up in the end of that zone didn't end with a chest and I don't think I've seen one since other than a couple puzzle chests.

I got a chest from this just last night, seems to be working the same as ever.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Crumbs
Terracotta Army

Reply #986 on: October 08, 2012, 08:24:49 AM

The number of bots is becoming comical yet entertaining.  They've got 15-25 set up in various areas with high respawn rates.  For example, the field east of Alter's Windings in Queensdale...a dozen or two naked rangers with bears running from one mob cluster to the next.  This is on the Ehmry Bay server.

I give that particular set of bots some credit though, because they'd revive downed players  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?  Maybe it's in their script.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #987 on: October 08, 2012, 08:46:08 AM

Possibly... I think they're just spamming f (the interact/loot/revive key) as they run from A to B inbetween all the other botty things - and after you start to revive someone, you need to actively break target [esc] or jump to stop channeling it in my experience.

That, or it's an all-in-one bot that grinds out the Combat Healer title for the owner as well.  awesome, for real

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #988 on: October 08, 2012, 08:52:52 AM

Right, they are not rezzing players they are looting.

I am the .00000001428%
Crumbs
Terracotta Army

Reply #989 on: October 08, 2012, 09:31:59 AM

In that case, credit REVOKED!
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #990 on: October 08, 2012, 01:18:14 PM

You're supposed to drop fireworks so their attack skills don't work.

Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #991 on: October 08, 2012, 03:57:46 PM

I've heard that somewhere (probably here). How does that work? I haven't yet run into a bot, but I want to be ready  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #992 on: October 08, 2012, 06:40:39 PM

I ran into a farmer train last night when I fell off a vista challenge in Frostgorge. Lots and lots of 80 ice golems before getting reaped by 5-6 rangers running together just killing mobs over and over. Maybe I'll dress up in MF gear and join them tonight. They don't seem to mind.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #993 on: October 08, 2012, 06:45:06 PM

I am the .00000001428%
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #994 on: October 09, 2012, 07:22:15 AM

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #995 on: October 09, 2012, 09:11:27 AM

That one was eaaaaaaaaaasy. I find the ones that are difficult are the ones where the start isn't quite so obvious.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #996 on: October 09, 2012, 09:53:50 AM

The number of bots is becoming comical yet entertaining.  They've got 15-25 set up in various areas with high respawn rates.  For example, the field east of Alter's Windings in Queensdale...a dozen or two naked rangers with bears running from one mob cluster to the next.  This is on the Ehmry Bay server.

I give that particular set of bots some credit though, because they'd revive downed players  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?  Maybe it's in their script.
It's more likely they are set to activate the Interact action whenever it's enabled. If they move toward a downed non-bot player at a distance and then revive that would be pretty impressive.

nurtsi
Terracotta Army

Reply #997 on: October 09, 2012, 11:13:12 AM

I think I'm done with this game. The culling bugs in WvWvW make it pretty much unplayable. Can't be arsed to level more alts to 80 so they could compete with people in exotic gear knowing there's nothing to do but grind gold in the "end game". I guess I can always check back in few weeks if they manage to fix things since there's no sub.

Bleh. I'm think I'm getting tired of MMOs no matter how well they are done.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #998 on: October 09, 2012, 11:26:01 AM

I ran into a farmer train last night when I fell off a vista challenge in Frostgorge. Lots and lots of 80 ice golems before getting reaped by 5-6 rangers running together just killing mobs over and over. Maybe I'll dress up in MF gear and join them tonight. They don't seem to mind.

I try to stop there once a night and report them all.  why so serious?

KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #999 on: October 09, 2012, 05:00:08 PM

Holy jesus they royally screwed up Pet AI.  I literally cannot get my Flesh Golem to attack shit unless I angle the mob right on him, and even then randomly he'll decide to run the opposite direction.
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #1000 on: October 09, 2012, 07:09:37 PM

But they're doing nothing wrong, right? I assume they're not botters - even if there are, it just takes a guy at the keyboard responding to the GM's whisper or something to deny that they're botters.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #1001 on: October 09, 2012, 08:04:58 PM

Can't be arsed to level more alts to 80 so they could compete with people in exotic gear knowing there's nothing to do but grind gold in the "end game".
I'm level 36! Or maybe 37. I don't really pay attention. I'll probably hit 80 eventually, though, right?
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #1002 on: October 09, 2012, 08:14:58 PM

Can't be arsed to level more alts to 80 so they could compete with people in exotic gear knowing there's nothing to do but grind gold in the "end game".
I'm level 36! Or maybe 37. I don't really pay attention. I'll probably hit 80 eventually, though, right?

Yes you probably will. Find a crowded map with lots of events going on. The momentum will take you through.
That's my experience anyway. Quiet times alone probably just bore the hell out of me.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #1003 on: October 09, 2012, 09:05:37 PM

But they're doing nothing wrong, right? I assume they're not botters - even if there are, it just takes a guy at the keyboard responding to the GM's whisper or something to deny that they're botters.

Based on the fact that they're typically all the same class (for whatever reason rangers are the botting class of choice), the names they have (strings of random characters or stuff in Chinese, pets never have been named), and some other things (they're often naked indicting broken armor from deaths that hasn't been repaired, they run in clumps in the exact same path up and down and up and down the canyon, the dragon fighting event starts and everyone but them runs off to do it, etc) they're almost certainly botters. I don't report them unless I'm totally sure.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #1004 on: October 09, 2012, 09:07:57 PM

Yes you probably will. Find a crowded map with lots of events going on. The momentum will take you through.
That's my experience anyway. Quiet times alone probably just bore the hell out of me.
It's just like, you don't get me, man.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #1005 on: October 09, 2012, 10:36:02 PM

Holy crap the PvP dungeon is FUN. Just wasted a whole night in it and didn't even get to the chest.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #1006 on: October 09, 2012, 10:48:27 PM

Holy crap the PvP dungeon is FUN. Just wasted a whole night in it and didn't even get to the chest.

What? There is a PVP Dungeon?

Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #1007 on: October 10, 2012, 02:52:16 AM

Based on the fact that they're typically all the same class (for whatever reason rangers are the botting class of choice).

They get downed quite often but if the pet can finish off the mob they get second wind. Saw a 10+ swarm of naked female human rangers with bears running circuits. Couldn't decide whether to be amused or saddened that a game which is generous with XP encourages people to automate the process of playing a game.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1008 on: October 10, 2012, 06:44:25 AM

It's a giant jumping puzzle with entrances at all three garrisons.

I am the .00000001428%
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #1009 on: October 10, 2012, 06:55:51 AM

It's a giant jumping puzzle with entrances at all three garrisons.

Yeah, this. If you know where to go and nobody bothers you it takes about 15 minutes to get through. It was our first time down there and all three servers (I keep wanting to type realms) were down there. Mostly was groups of 3-5 fighting and knocking each other flying. Think we spent about 2.5 hours jumping and fighting and dying - but we were bad players because we weren't helping defend a keep or something.  Ohhhhh, I see.

There's one part where you jump up a series of walkways and come up out of a well opening. We sat up there and rained AE down on all who came up it until they called reinforcements and chased us away.

Maybe next time we'll actually keep going and get to the end.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #1010 on: October 10, 2012, 11:02:21 AM

That is the one flaw with the PVP dungeon. If the zones weren't capped on how many people could be in at a time, it would be one thing, but it definitely creates a certain tension when you need to get your vistas, or whatever, and the realm is in a tight fight somewhere else, and you're taking up a spot that could go to someone who was going to contribute more. I know I feel guilty when I'm going for my skill points or whatever.

ffc
Terracotta Army

Reply #1011 on: October 13, 2012, 10:44:02 AM

World dragon events, dungeons, and WvW gates should all have their hit points halved. For as much action as there is roaming the world, running into one of these tedious beefy things is jarring.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1012 on: October 13, 2012, 11:03:25 AM

Undefended gates go down in almost no time to a decent enough force using siege equipment, they really do not need any tuning down.  Right now the force/time required to take over a fort or keep is perfect as it is, making gates weaker would just turn world pvp into castle musical chairs.

I am the .00000001428%
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #1013 on: October 13, 2012, 02:44:21 PM

Yeah doors have to be hefty to allow a chance to defend.

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #1014 on: October 14, 2012, 01:10:29 AM

Yeah doors have to be hefty to allow a chance to defend.

A five golem rush will take one down in about 20 seconds.

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: First Impressions  
Jump to: