Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:26:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Elfbowl *Season1*: Day 5 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Elfbowl *Season1*: Day 5  (Read 3410 times)
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

on: April 26, 2012, 05:32:19 AM

May 3rd is the deadline to play your game before I advance the day.  Report results in this thread.  A league has been set up under BBManager with the password: elfbowl.

Day 5 Schedule
Keebler Division
Haute Couture (Ruvaldt) 4 v. 0 I Break Easy (Ulysees)
Elf Hatred (Gruntle) v. Guild of Fools (Eldaec)
Labor Day (Llyse) v. The Pale Horses (Haemish)

North Pole Division
Morningwood Packers (Luckton) 0 v. 2 Considerably Elfier (IainC)
Ponyelves II (Comstar) v. Spiderland Reaers (Megrim)
Chris Dane Owens Fan Club (Teleku) v. Here Be DWAGONS (Strazos)

Previous weeks' games that need to be played:
Haute Couture (Ruvaldt) v. Guild of Fools (Eldaec)
Spiderland Reaers (Megrim) v. Here Be DWAGONS (Strazos)
Labor Day (Llyse) v. Guild of Fools (Eldaec)
Ponyelves II (Comstar) v. Here Be DWAGONS (Strazos)

The rules:

Standings
Keebler Division
1. I Break Easy (Ulysees) (WoE)                         3-0-2 (9pts, 11TDs)
3. Labor Day (Llyse) (HiE)                                  3-0-0 (9pts, 8TDs)
2. Haute Couture (Ruvaldt) (HiE)                        2-1-1 (7pts, 11TD)
4. Guild of Fools (Eldaec) (PrE)                           1-0-1 (3pts, 3TD)
5. Elf Hatred (Gruntle) (DaE)                              1-0-2 (3pts, 2TDs)
6. The Pale Horses (Haemish) (DaE)                    0-1-3 (1pts, 5TDs)

Keebler regular season schedule:

North Pole Division
1. Considerably Elfier (IainC) (HiE)                       3-0-2 (9pts, 9TDs)
2. Chris Dane Owens Fan Club (Teleku) (DaE)      3-0-1 (9pts, 8TDs)
3. Ponyelves II (Comstar) (PrE)                          2-0-1 (6pts, 8TDs)
4. Here Be DWAGONS (Strazos) (HiE)                 1-1-0 (4pts, 3TDs)
5. Spiderland Reavers (Megrim) (DaE)                  1-0-2 (3pts, 5TDs)
6. Morningwood Packers (Luckton) (WoE)           0-1-2 (1pt, 3TDs)

North Pole regular season schedule:
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 06:54:51 AM by Ruvaldt »

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 05:36:22 AM

This is the last day of the regular season, and on May 4th we'll end up with the final standings for going into the post-season.  Everyone will get a chance to participate in the post-season, regardless of their standings, but how you fared in the regular season will determine your opponents going forward.

I won't be extending the deadline for the last day or any games that haven't been played because I want to get the tournament done in time for Season 6 so that people will have the option to import their Elfbowl team if it fits under whatever TV restriction IainC feels is appropriate.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 05:49:13 AM

Might have issues getting our match in Ruvaldt since I am going on holiday on Sunday and am likely to be busy off and on for the whole of Saturday prepping. If you can give me a definate time for Saturday I can see if I can be around at the same time but cannot make any guarantee so if we have not played before Sunday then you can assume we won't get out match in before the game day deadline and I am happy to take the loss. Fingers crossed we can catch each other today or tomorrow though, would be good to get the season played out.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 05:56:33 AM

I'll be on tonight, and I'm playing Haemish then as well.  I'll probably be home from work at around 6:30pm CST so I'm sure it's possible to get both games in.  Otherwise, I'm available all Saturday, pretty much, so if you did find some time between packing we can easily do it then.  All I have planned that day is to go to the cinema at some point.

And I wouldn't give a loss for the game.  One can't control stuff like that.  I'm sure we both want to play the game and see if we can level up some elves before the elimination rounds begin.

Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 06:28:14 AM

Ok will keep an eye out for you on Steam then tonight or tomorrow (I am UK time so GMT)
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 09:15:31 AM

Luckton! I am so sorry! I feel terrible now!

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: April 27, 2012, 09:17:24 AM

Luckton! I am so sorry! I feel terrible now!

Wrong thread and it's all lies.  You enjoyed seeing all those Injury marks and getting a double MVP.  why so serious?

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #7 on: April 27, 2012, 10:54:24 AM

Hey Luckton, something seems to have gone horribly wrong with my internet - I'm posting this pfrom my phone - I dont think I'm going to be cback online for a while.

Edit: Nevermind. I eventually managed to get back online by making my phone into a wireless hotspot and amazingly was able to connect to BB through that.

We played 4 turns and then Luckton conceded after having some truly shitty luck. First turn he kicks ot me and my very first action is to fail to pick the ball up after burning a reroll. This looks bad but luckily Nuffle ahs my back as his first action is a 1d block with a loner that comes up a skull and wastes the reroll. Loner falls over and Luckton burns his apothecary to keep him in the game. His second turn ends with a failed dodge into a clear square and his third turn ended after a failed GfI from his other loner ended up in the injury pen. Then I scored.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 11:26:16 AM by IainC »

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: April 27, 2012, 11:22:12 AM

And IainC and I played, and after loosing three Elfs by turn 4 with Iain scoring, I am fucking done with Elfs.  The team has been fired and disbanded.  I will take my poor dice from both H&H and here as signs that I do not play well in theme games.

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #9 on: April 27, 2012, 12:08:04 PM

Hey, maybe it's just not your theme.  Elfbowl will actually be over soon so I'm figuring out what is next.  Also, Wood Elves and Pro Elves are pretty challenging for the uninitiated elf player.  Dark Elves and High Elves are more forgiving in that respect.

I've been thinking about a Dwarf/Norse theme league (Battle of the Beards), an Orc/Human theme league (The Human (and Orc) League) and a more humorous league that would be all Goblins, Halflings, and possibly Ogres (LOL: League of Losers).

Running theme leagues seems to be my lot in the f13 BB community.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: April 27, 2012, 12:31:49 PM

Hey, maybe it's just not your theme.  Elfbowl will actually be over soon so I'm figuring out what is next.  Also, Wood Elves and Pro Elves are pretty challenging for the uninitiated elf player.  Dark Elves and High Elves are more forgiving in that respect.

I've been thinking about a Dwarf/Norse theme league (Battle of the Beards), an Orc/Human theme league (The Human (and Orc) League) and a more humorous league that would be all Goblins, Halflings, and possibly Ogres (LOL: League of Losers).

Running theme leagues seems to be my lot in the f13 BB community.

I'm cool with trying new things.  I think if my first couple of games had not gone so horribly with this season, I may have fared better.  The dice just didn't roll that way though.

Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: April 28, 2012, 02:13:48 PM

I Break Easy 0 - 4 Haute Cautre

I lived upto my name this match, 3 dead 2 injured, one of them a wardancer (thankfully not the developed one) and my agi 5 dancer failed a straight dodge 3 times with double 1's, this is a match I would much sooner forget than linger over with a decent write up. Ruvaldt played a solid game and capatalised on my misfortunes but when the dice kick you in the nuts this hard it is hard to lose with a smile. Gotta love blood bowl!
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #12 on: April 28, 2012, 02:17:58 PM

It was a brutal game, and I definitely didn't intend to cause so much destruction.  I felt bad for going for that 4th TD after it caused the death of a Wardancer, but you just can't control things like that.  I'm sure Ulysees' team will recover and have a good post-season.  He's still likely to be first seed unless Llyse tears up several opponents in the next week and the really good players on his team are still all in tact.  The dead linemen being replaced by loners really won't be that big of a deal.

As a side note though I got a +STR lineman!

Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #13 on: May 05, 2012, 05:36:27 PM

Hello Mr Haemish,

Not sure if you're still interested in playing your mangled Elf team but if you are hit me up sometime today!
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #14 on: May 06, 2012, 09:41:57 AM

We're going to try to get this game in today.

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #15 on: May 06, 2012, 01:45:00 PM

Still haven't played Strazos yet (though I just played a thrashing game against gruntle for the first game of the playoffs.  I thrashed him in score, he thrashed my players).  If I see him on I'll try to play, though I know his magical African internet is a bit shaky.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #16 on: May 06, 2012, 03:09:11 PM

Llyse and I must have missed each other.

Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: May 06, 2012, 04:14:47 PM

yeah apologies Haemish, I slept in  swamp poop
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #18 on: May 12, 2012, 12:38:08 AM

Labor Day 4 - Pale Horses 2

Game chock full of elven bullshit, won by the side that got more bullshit accomplished with fewer injuries. I have a guy missing next game, but a blitzer leveled to 3 and I finally had enough to buy a runner.

Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: May 12, 2012, 05:32:47 AM

Labor Day 4 - Pale Horses 2

Game chock full of elven bullshit, won by the side that got more bullshit accomplished with fewer injuries. I have a guy missing next game, but a blitzer leveled to 3 and I finally had enough to buy a runner.

Pretty much, great fun game with couple of bad injuries (My apothecary worked! but Haemish didn't have one...)

Haemish had the block dice but not the injury rolls first half but fumbled a short pass with no rerolls giving Labor Day a 2-0 lead. Pale Horses weren't going to take this lying down and relied on their one and only Sade the Witch elf as their key receiver. The out of position line elves and leader Julia Gilliard couldn't take her down and so Sade scored on the last play of the first half.

2nd half Haemish it still went left his ball carrier a little unprotected allowing did well considering he was down players during the match but the ball pops loss and goes through 7 players! legs before ending up on the Labor Day side of the scrum for good old Blitzer Bob Carr to pick the ball up. He gets knocked down by Sade and loses the ball. Nilhus and Nunthus help recover the ball but Nunthus fumbles the pass! allowing Penny Wong to pick up the ball and get it up field for Anthony Albanese to score the 3rd Touchdown.

Pale horses receive again and go to their strengths and sends Sade down the left flank to receive the ball next to the sideline. High elves swarm her but can't knock her down for some boot stamping and so she inevitably dodges away for the score making it 3-2!

Labor Day receive and with a 1 elf advantage score on the last turn with Julia Gilliard connecting with Mark Arbib to make the final score 4-2.

No permanent injuries and rerolled winnings ensure that Labor Day have all positionals bar a 2nd Thrower.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Elfbowl *Season1*: Day 5  
Jump to: