Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:50:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Useless LOL Videos 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Useless LOL Videos  (Read 35669 times)
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

on: April 19, 2012, 02:14:22 PM

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 02:24:41 PM

-Rasix
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 08:04:30 AM

How did they get the UI like that? Anyone know the name of that Mod?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 08:08:12 AM by Mrbloodworth »

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 08:06:21 AM

Spectator mode. You can spectate on custom games, and it'll let you see everything (and has a lot of nice features). It comes with a 2 minute delay on the real action, so you can't cheat and tell your friends what's going on.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 08:08:45 AM

Oh, so not a mod. Ok then.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 11:56:05 AM

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Rasix

Reply #6 on: June 17, 2012, 11:18:11 PM

Biggest. Throw. Ever.

1 hour match between M5 and CLG.EU at Dreamhack.  There's about 30 minutes worth of Anivia clearing waves in front of the inhib turret that you can skip.  I think the stream for this game was at 100k viewers at one point.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 11:20:37 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: June 18, 2012, 12:45:38 AM

That was just a complete strategy fail. Being way ahead in gold and having 3 people on your team with 400+ cs really doesn't matter when the enemy team is all at max items and levels anyway.

M5 wasted a ton of time in part because every time they went top and bottom they didn't get their waves pushing again. They would leave the lane in a state where the other team's lane was still pushing. That was probably the main reason they lost.

CLG could not leave their base, meaning M5 had complete control of all lanes. They could have gotten top and bottom pushing while they continued to pressure mid. Don't think CLG could have defended pressure from all 3 lanes. But instead CLG's top and bottom lanes were pushing M5 and M5 only had pressure mid, which Anivia could hold off forever. By the time M5's bottom lane finally was pushing they had wasted so much time that most of CLG had full items.

Notice towards the end CLG has a huge wave top that actually takes the top middle tower by itself. No excuse for that given that CLG hadn't left their base to manipulate the lanes at all.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: June 18, 2012, 04:32:08 AM

M5 has a history of losing to CLG.EU. They usually do exactly that, double down and farm farm farm, being totally unfazed by whatever else happens.

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: June 18, 2012, 09:35:38 AM

How'd CLG get full items without leaving their base? (Will review video later, but this doesn't make sense to me).

- Viin
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: June 19, 2012, 12:41:01 AM

How'd CLG get full items without leaving their base? (Will review video later, but this doesn't make sense to me).

Game was an hour long. By the time they were trapped in base they were already pretty far along, Anivia was clearing every wave with R, etc.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Rasix

Reply #11 on: October 12, 2012, 08:38:14 AM

-Rasix
Nightblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: January 04, 2013, 02:44:56 PM

Rasix

Reply #13 on: January 10, 2013, 07:40:23 PM

Azubu Frost v. Blaze

Watch game 4.   shocked

-Rasix
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #14 on: January 11, 2013, 09:46:11 AM

That was pretty intense.  Capt Jack keeping his CS astronomical largely kept them in the game.  That and having a Lulu with 1/3 team kills didn't help the other side much.

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: January 11, 2013, 11:39:37 AM

Frost probably would have won if Graves didnd't build the Warmogs. He went for an anti-burst build and that lost them the team fights since he was no longer doing more deeps than "fuck it, i don't need boots, i have nunu" caitlyn.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #16 on: January 11, 2013, 12:51:51 PM

Why would Graves build Warmog's?  ACK!

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: January 11, 2013, 01:27:10 PM

Why would Graves build Warmog's?  ACK!

I've seen it as a last item in build for end game and it seemed to work well.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: January 11, 2013, 04:17:10 PM

Why would Graves build Warmog's?  ACK!

Enemy team has large amount of burst but little sustain damaged. Graves needs enough HP to survive the initial burst but nothing really after that, since he can just lifesteal back to full with the BT/PD/LW. In a mid game team fight where he both needs to be doing deeps the entire time but also can't stop the enemy assassins from getting to him it makes more since than say, Guardian angel.

Especially since Graves has his passive armor/mr(and his support likely had an aegis) the GA wouldn't provide as much effective hit points AND in the event that the GA didn't keep him alive, a revive 2 seconds later probably won't mean something because by the time that had happened his front line would be falling and the CD's on the assassins would be coming up again.

In addition, since GA no longer provides a flat amount of HP (but rather 1/3rd of your HP) its not as effective in the mid game. If you're only level 10, the revive amount is only 400 HP whereas warmogs provides 1000 HP regardless of when you buy it.

Edit: The warmogs wasn't a bad buy its just that because he got defense and cait didn't have to cait eventually did more DPS. Granted in that situation can you really say you would not have built the defensive item?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 04:19:32 PM by Goumindong »
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #19 on: January 11, 2013, 06:27:24 PM

Honestly speaking, with all 3 enemy inhibs down it really shouldn't have mattered.  Early game was precise control and coordination.  They thought they had it in the bag, but they got snookered and their control completely splintered.  At the end nobody knew where they should be or what was happening.  They were still trying to exert pressure with half force rather than falling back to regroup.

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: January 12, 2013, 11:17:46 AM

Can anyone post the last LoL tournment?
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: January 12, 2013, 11:18:51 AM

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: January 12, 2013, 11:29:49 AM

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: February 10, 2013, 05:11:32 PM

Current LoL meta, as interpreted by the anime Berserk The Golden Age II.

There pretty much isn't a current meme they don't cover  awesome, for real

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Nightblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: March 07, 2013, 07:40:52 PM

Rasix

Reply #25 on: April 18, 2013, 10:41:34 AM

« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 12:18:36 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #26 on: April 18, 2013, 11:09:59 AM

Thresh played right is just all sorts of awesome.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: May 04, 2013, 05:01:04 AM

Rasix

Reply #28 on: June 19, 2013, 12:05:47 AM

-Rasix
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #29 on: July 27, 2013, 10:01:47 AM

got a question for you all

1. what is the most epic tournament game ever played that I can watch on video

2. if I wanted to show someone a single game that encompassed the highest most amazing energy and spectacle of LoL, like .. largest crowd, best commentators, best spectacle, amazing game — just wow the pants off of someone who knows not about esports, which game would that be
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: July 27, 2013, 12:58:15 PM

2. if I wanted to show someone a single game that encompassed the highest most amazing energy and spectacle of LoL, like .. largest crowd, best commentators, best spectacle, amazing game — just wow the pants off of someone who knows not about esports, which game would that be

The All-Star matches in Shanghai had a spectacular crowd.  I couldn't recommend a particular match, but I'd start with those.

Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: July 27, 2013, 03:35:04 PM

I don't know about the craziest match ever, but the one that stuck in my mind recently was TSM v CLG at Anaheim.  It's like an hour long, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dfwx2gI6H8w&list=SPJ-u0Yyc19SoS09_IvX9t1isFxL8ULWgi&index=14
Rasix

Reply #32 on: July 27, 2013, 10:48:47 PM

1:  Azubu Frost v. IG.  This might go for both.  This was the first game of the season 2 champs.  

If you want to see a tight finish from the same tournament, you can watch CLG v SK.  This is lower quality, as neither team was really that good, but made it in due to weaker fields and a lower bar to entry at the time.

Here's a link to VODs from the entire tournament.  If you want some teams to watch, iG, WE, TPA, and M5 were all very strong.

The Frost v Blaze game I put forth earlier would be a treat to watch as well.  
Shit, it's gone.

Generally the best teams right now are Korean, and there's a lot of them.   You might be able to get some VODs for any OGN games with Montecristo and DoA casting.  They're very good. 
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 10:56:22 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Rasix

Reply #33 on: August 01, 2013, 09:16:20 AM

Bronze 5 - Blurred Lines Parody  Pretty hilarious, even if I can't stand the song.

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #34 on: August 01, 2013, 09:44:11 AM

God that is my LOL life.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Useless LOL Videos  
Jump to: