Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:29:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Elfbowl *Season1*: Day 4 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Elfbowl *Season1*: Day 4  (Read 2502 times)
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

on: April 13, 2012, 06:31:51 PM

April 23rd is the deadline to play your game before I advance the day.  Report results in this thread.  A league has been set up under BBManager with the password: elfbowl.

Day 4 Schedule
Keebler Division
Haute Couture (Ruvaldt) v. The Pale Horses (Haemish)
Elf Hatred (Gruntle) 0 v. 3 I Break Easy (Ulysees)
Labor Day (Llyse) v. Guild of Fools (Eldaec)

North Pole Division
Chris Dane Owens Fan Club (Teleku) 1 v. 2 Considerably Elfier (IainC)
Morningwood Packers (Luckton) v. Spiderland Reaers (Megrim)
Ponyelves II (Comstar) v. Here Be DWAGONS (Strazos)

Previous weeks' games that need to be played:
Elf Hatred (Gruntle) v. Labor Day (Llyse)
Haute Couture (Ruvaldt) v. Guild of Fools (Eldaec)
Spiderland Reaers (Megrim) v. Here Be DWAGONS (Strazos)

The rules:

Standings
Keebler Division
1. I Break Easy (Ulysees) (WoE)                         3-0-1 (9pts, 11TDs)
2. Labor Day (Llyse) (HiE)                                  2-0-0 (6pts, 6TDs)
3. Haute Couture (Ruvaldt) (HiE)                        1-0-1 (3pts, 5TD)
4. Guild of Fools (Eldaec) (PrE)                           1-0-1 (3pts, 3TD)
5. Elf Hatred (Gruntle) (DaE)                              1-0-2 (3pts, 2TDs)
6. The Pale Horses (Haemish) (DaE)                    0-0-3 (0pts, 3TD)

Keebler regular season schedule:

North Pole Division
1. Chris Dane Owens Fan Club (Teleku) (DaE)      3-0-1 (9pts, 8TDs)
2. Ponyelves II (Comstar) (PrE)                          2-0-1 (6pts, 8TDs)
3. Considerably Elfier (IainC) (HiE)                       2-0-2 (6pts, 7TDs)
4. Here Be DWAGONS (Strazos) (HiE)                 1-1-0 (4pts, 3TDs)
5. Morningwood Packers (Luckton) (WoE)           0-1-2 (1pt, 3TDs)
6. Spiderland Reavers (Megrim) (DaE)                  0-0-2 (0pts, 2TDs)

North Pole regular season schedule:
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 11:59:23 AM by Ruvaldt »

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 06:35:52 PM

Sorry it took me a day to advance the schedule.  It's been a busy few days at work.  Standings are all over the damned place; it's a very competitive tournament.  The only thing we can all be certain of is that there will be more dead elves soon.

4 out of 18 games from the past three game days unplayed.  That's not bad.

Looking forward to crushing your elves Haemish.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 09:12:41 PM

Wohoo, new day!  I'm drunk and at home with free time!  Looks like its 6 AM in Germany right now.  If your actually up by 9-10'ish on your Saturday Morning Iainc, just message me.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 03:37:59 AM

*edit* Possibly going to be busy now tomorrow as well as tonight, will try and get a time sorted out - am working from home on thursday so could fit you in sometime then if you are free Gruntle? I am UK based so GMT.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 07:31:28 AM by Ulysees »
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #4 on: April 14, 2012, 04:58:42 PM

Chris Dane Owen's Fanclub's reign of terror was brought to a screeching halt today by the actions of 11 brave High Elves. These heroes of the Elven race will be out hitting hte salad bars tonight in celebration.

The very first Dark Elf turn gave us a foreshadowing of how the game would run. I kicked to the Dark kin, and their first action was to try and pick the ball up. This required burning one of their two rerolls. Once the ball was safely in the hands of a runner, the Dark Elves got the knives out and prepared to deliver a lesson in pain. Unfortunately the first assignment for Pain 101 was delivered by a Witch Elf who managed to knock herself over as well as the catcher she was trying to murder. The High Elf Catcher was stunned but the Witch Elf suffered a serious wardrobe malfunction and had to leave the pitch for the rest of the game. Asurmen was with the High Elves this day as they smote their Naggarothi cousins mightily. The beleaguered Dark Elves were comprehensively surrounded by the proud sons of Ulthuan until the Dark Elf with the ball was cornered and forced to dump it to a team-mate. His cowardice availed him little as he was stunned anyway and then the new ball-bearer was blitzed into the floor. The ball remained on the ground for a couple of turns while the few Dark Elves able to gain their feet scrambled to prevent the High Elves from picking it up. Eventually though the superior numbers of the High Elves won out and the High Elf thrower was able to walk over to the unmarked ball. Covered in elvish gore as it was however, it slipped from his fingers as he tried to pick it up and it bounced off the pitch. An obliging fan threw it back in directly to my catcher on the other side of the pitch. The Dark Elves were unable to take him down so he passed it to a lineman in his next turn who ran out of range while the rest of the team smacked any Dark Elves able to stand back down again. Finally, he walked it over the line on the last turn of the half to open the scoring.

For the second half, the Dark Elves were two players and a goal down and the High Elves were receiving. I got some good blocks in and decided to make a dangerous play by throwing to a double-marked catcher. He failed the 4+ catch but the ball landed in the midst of several other High Elves so it was reasonably safe. The Dark Elves spent a couple of turns trying to clear some room around the ball and had just managed to do this when the player who was headed over to pick it up failed a dodge. I blitzed a Dark Elf onto the ball, knocking it out of the gaggle of CDAFcs surrounding it and then picked it up although I wasn't able to do anything else with it. The witch Elf blitzed the catcher with the ball down but again it fell where the Dark Elves couldn't reach it. I went for more bullshit by picking it up and trying to throw to a catcher in the DarK Elf endzone but my blitzer fumbled the throw and I had already used a reroll on the pickup that turn. The Dark Elves got the ball again after some blocking but ran out of time before making it safe. I blitzed their ball carrier, made some space around a receiver, grabbed the ball and then threw it to the unmarked Elf in scoring range but the controls froze up during the throw animation and, when I was able to move again the clock had run out of time. The Dark Elves took advantage of this by sacking my thrower and injuring him - he'll miss the next game too but the WItch Elf failed a dodge while enjoying her post-blitz glow. This time High Elf ball handling was much more reliable, I picked the ball up with a blitzer, threw it to a catcher who then walked it over the line to extend my lead to 2-0.

With three turns each to play, there was still a chance that the Dark Elves could squeeze out a tie. Sadly for Teleku the next kickoff event was a blitz and I was able to put a couple of Elves in his backfield although my catcher failed a GfI trying to get underneath the ball. The Dark Elves were able to force a way past the High Elf defence and hand the ball off to a player who made the two GfIs necessary to carry it over the line for a late consolation TD. That left just a turn each left which were relatively uneventful.

I levelled a blitzer (who now has Tackle) and my thrower (who took Accurate). I'll still have two mercs in my next game as, although I was able to replace one of my dead linemen from the last match, I have one player missing the next game. Teleku gt no level-ups but also suffered no serious injuries. He had some terrible luck in the first half and it only got marginally better for him in the second.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: April 19, 2012, 11:40:43 AM

I Break Easy 3 - 0 Elf Hatred

And my opponents run of kicking black cats continues as Gruntle failed to pickup the ball 3 times to gift me my second score and failed a GFI to score himself a turn or so before halftime though I also couldn't get anyone in score range to take advantage that time. And after inflicting 6 KO's and 1 Badly Hurt over the course of the match with nothing able to tackle the ball carrier in the last half it was in the hands of a loner and not wanting to waste the SPP Gruntle tried to move another piece into scoring range, requiring a GFI which of course failed to end the match. Nothing permanent out for my next match and rolled plus agi on my wardancer making 3 stat ups out of 4 games so far and only 1 stat up over 2 seasons for my lizard team, the gods of random seem to like laughing at me.
Gruntle
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 11:41:58 AM

I still hate elves; Ulysses's team wins 3-0 and though they claim to break easy my dark elves failed to inflict any lasting injuries upon them (one badly hurt, some KOs).
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: April 27, 2012, 09:15:56 AM

I forfeited my game with Megrim at turn 11 due to having only three Wood Elfs left on the field, with three in the Injury box and the rest just not giving a shit.  Got two level ups though, so maybe I'll fair better next game.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #8 on: April 27, 2012, 08:44:27 PM

Haute Couture 2 - 2 The Pale Horses

A fine game of Blood Bowl was played between Haemish and I.  We both had the lead at one point in the game, an elf died, and madcap elven bullshit took place on the pitch.  One couldn't ask for much more than that.  Lots of fun.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #9 on: April 27, 2012, 08:46:47 PM

In case you didn't know, do not ever say something like "Wow, it's turn 6 and I can't believe we haven't even had a KO yet."

Because Nuffle takes that as an dinner invitation wherein you'll both drink a little too much wine and you wake up the next morning with no idea where your undergarments are and why your rectum hurts so badly. That elf which died? My assassin. Who had just leveled with the first TD. Somehow I fought back enough to get the 2nd TD on turn 15 that got me the point, but damn. Tough fought game.

Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #10 on: May 05, 2012, 05:37:14 PM

Hello Mr Eldaec, I've finally got my Day 3 game in so let's this rumble started!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Elfbowl *Season1*: Day 4  
Jump to: