Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 08:47:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Bat Country Bank 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bat Country Bank  (Read 10743 times)
Reborne
Terracotta Army

something something plays a shitload of Blood Bowl something something

on: April 12, 2012, 07:26:38 AM

I like to share things with the guild and I can't see any mention of anyone planning on buying this now that 1.2 is live.

Sadly I can't afford the 600,000 on my own but I'm happy to send someone credits if they are taking a collection.

Also, I believe that it needs to be an officer that buys the bank, as I can't see any option to as a part of the army.

In case anyone is having trouble finding the bank, it isn't on the guild tab it's near the GTN

"We apologise for the inconvenience" - God's Final Message to His Creation.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 07:57:14 AM

600k for a guild bank funciton?  ACK!

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Reborne
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 08:19:28 AM

That's what the internet told me.
I can't see any of the options myself so I'm not certain.

A lot of the Legacy stuff seem the be on the expensive side too.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 09:40:20 AM

Can a brother have some time to patch the fucking game and log in?

Also, I have around 35k on Komoto, so a fund raiser for the guild bank would be welcome.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4 on: April 12, 2012, 10:17:57 AM

The expenses are based on 1) having a guild so it's not just one person footing the bill and 2) Nebu etc's info that dailies can produce 100k/ day easily.    Both of those make 600k a pretty trivial amount to establish a bank. 

Not that I agree to actually having to buy the damn thing.  It's guild functionality and should be part of having a guild in the first place.

The Legacy costs are also based around item #2.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: April 12, 2012, 10:38:21 AM

Which is fine, if your guild is filled with catasses.  Things shouldn't be "casual friendly guilds need not apply".

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #6 on: April 12, 2012, 10:47:59 AM

600k isn't anywhere NEAR casual guilds need not apply. 60k each for 10 people is trivially cheap.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: April 12, 2012, 10:55:29 AM

Just do one round of dailies as a guild, you'll pay for the bank and have some creds left over for the guild swimming pool.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: April 12, 2012, 11:09:55 AM

1. Dailies are boring.
2. Dailies as a guild lol.

There's a point to be made that at least group dailies are worth doing for some rewards, as the solo dailies are insulting. Dailies aren't casual friendly.

Merusk correctly addresses the most important point. Guild banks should have purchasable expanded storage, not purchase the feature itself. I can only imagine what the next page of the guild bank costs. Most of the stuff in the game is built around #2(of Merusk's list), which sucks for folks like me.

Ingmar, are there 10 people actively playing in BC at this point?
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: April 12, 2012, 11:10:37 AM

Just do one round of dailies as a guild, you'll pay for the bank and have some creds left over for the guild swimming pool.

Or we just whine piteously until you pay for it, moneybags.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: April 12, 2012, 11:14:32 AM

I'll probably pay for OUR guild bank, yes.

I paid for most of it in WoW too  Ohhhhh, I see.

-edit- How are solo dailies insulting? 7-10k credits and a daily comm for 5 or less minutes of questing.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 11:16:17 AM by Fordel »

proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: April 12, 2012, 11:18:02 AM

You can't really call yourself the 1% unless you own the bank.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: April 12, 2012, 11:19:03 AM

It lets me reserve the right to dump all my crap into it for Sjofn to sort later.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: April 12, 2012, 11:28:30 AM

1. Dailies are boring.
2. Dailies as a guild lol.

There's a point to be made that at least group dailies are worth doing for some rewards, as the solo dailies are insulting. Dailies aren't casual friendly.

Merusk correctly addresses the most important point. Guild banks should have purchasable expanded storage, not purchase the feature itself. I can only imagine what the next page of the guild bank costs. Most of the stuff in the game is built around #2(of Merusk's list), which sucks for folks like me.

Ingmar, are there 10 people actively playing in BC at this point?

No idea, but say there are 5 active 50s, even 120k each is not exactly big bucks.

Our crazy non-casual people (Fordel, Nevermore) in Slap are well into the multi-millions. I barely touch dailies myself and I'm at ~1.5 million mostly from selling mods which takes all of 5 minutes of effort per day.

Round up a guild group of 50s, run through the Voss bonus series, and you're probably more than halfway there already.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 11:33:51 AM by Ingmar »

Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: April 12, 2012, 11:30:11 AM

Woo, someone mentioned dailies!

fuck dailies and the Vision they rode in on

That is all.  awesome, for real

Seriously though, it should be viable to get creds from WZs, FPs, or selling crafted stuff on the market. I know my character had over 1.5mil credits (with the highest level of speeder piloting and stuff) in mid-jan, mostly from WZs.. I never did any daily quests except for the WZ stuff. Have they nerfed the rewards?

Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: April 12, 2012, 11:33:27 AM

Does a guild that isn't active enough to scrape up 600k really need a guild bank? I mean seriously, is everyone planning to reactivate their subscriptions as soon as Bat Country has a bank?
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #16 on: April 12, 2012, 11:37:49 AM

I literally haven't done more than 2-3 days of dailies because I hate them, I don't run FPs, and raids actually cost credits in the end. I had like 600k before I bought some crafting mats earlier this week.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: April 12, 2012, 11:42:41 AM

I haven't even maxed out my guy yet heh. I'm still slowly playing ME 3.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: April 12, 2012, 12:41:21 PM

600k isn't anywhere NEAR casual guilds need not apply. 60k each for 10 people is trivially cheap.
You're welcome to send some of that to Euryale then.  Or Vhashik over on the Sith side.

Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: April 12, 2012, 01:06:08 PM

Does a guild that isn't active enough to scrape up 600k really need a guild bank? I mean seriously, is everyone planning to reactivate their subscriptions as soon as Bat Country has a bank?

It am definitely hoping Bat Country gets more active - as many nights 10 pm - 12:30 EST - I am the only one on (Sumatai) with the exception of the robot-like phen'rella (or something like that) who logs in and out many times consistently every time I am on.  I can definitely donate 100k to the cause.  I don't have a tonne of cash on hand as I am newer 50 and still buying recipes, skills, etc.  But I agree that money is not very hard to come by in a short play session.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: April 12, 2012, 01:24:42 PM

How are solo dailies insulting? 7-10k credits and a daily comm for 5 or less minutes of questing.
It's not 5 minutes for me. Travel time, plus not knowing where most of them are (I think I may have done some here and there but didn't pay attention). And Ingmar's 5 minutes of selling mods is built upon a lot more set up beforehand, it's not like I can log in for 5 minutes tonight at start my crafting business.

My initial spurt of vacation playtime may have misled some about exactly how casual a gamer I am...I'm still working through my first playthrough of ME3. As far as activity goes, I was waiting for 1.2 to get back into TOR, but again, still trying to play through ME3. When I've been getting in around a half hour every day or two...it takes a while.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #21 on: April 12, 2012, 01:27:02 PM

It lets me reserve the right to dump all my crap into it for Sjofn to sort later.

No fuck you, I'll buy it and not let any of you assholes use it.

God Save the Horn Players
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: April 12, 2012, 01:48:50 PM

How are solo dailies insulting? 7-10k credits and a daily comm for 5 or less minutes of questing.
It's not 5 minutes for me. Travel time, plus not knowing where most of them are (I think I may have done some here and there but didn't pay attention). And Ingmar's 5 minutes of selling mods is built upon a lot more set up beforehand, it's not like I can log in for 5 minutes tonight at start my crafting business.

My initial spurt of vacation playtime may have misled some about exactly how casual a gamer I am...I'm still working through my first playthrough of ME3. As far as activity goes, I was waiting for 1.2 to get back into TOR, but again, still trying to play through ME3. When I've been getting in around a half hour every day or two...it takes a while.

It probably works out to around 5-7 minutes per quest if you're doing the ones on a given planet in a batch together I'd guess, but yeah its not 5 minutes here and there if you do just one at a time.

WayAbvPar

Reply #23 on: April 12, 2012, 02:07:42 PM

It am definitely hoping Bat Country gets more active - as many nights 10 pm - 12:30 EST - I am the only one on (Sumatai) with the exception of the robot-like phen'rella (or something like that) who logs in and out many times consistently every time I am on.  I can definitely donate 100k to the cause.  I don't have a tonne of cash on hand as I am newer 50 and still buying recipes, skills, etc.  But I agree that money is not very hard to come by in a short play session.

Phen is my RL buddy. When he is not playing his alts, he is playing market games. I am not sure Phen has left Fleet in months  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #24 on: April 12, 2012, 02:20:58 PM

I was wondering who that was, as I, too, have noticed him silently logging in and out repeatedly while I play.

Reborne
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: April 12, 2012, 05:56:34 PM

No fuck you, I'll buy it and not let any of you assholes use it.

Don't worry Sjofn, I'm on the OCD side with these things so you wouldn't be the only one sorting through all the stuff dumped in the bank.

I'm nowhere near 50 yet, but if someone starts the collection I'm happy to throw in 100,000.

Next page from what I read is 1,000,000 credits (that amount of money is always said by Dr. Evil in my brain)

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #26 on: April 12, 2012, 06:29:15 PM

I knew I liked you, Reborne.  Heart

Anyhow, since they added the ability to mail your cross faction alts shit, I can also help with the guild bank for Bat Country if needed.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: April 13, 2012, 07:51:00 AM

Thankfully my ability to tease Sjofn is stronger than my OCD.  Let the junk dump begin!

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: April 13, 2012, 09:12:02 AM

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #29 on: April 14, 2012, 07:00:42 PM

Sent 100k, I can send more if I have to.

Reborne
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: April 15, 2012, 04:34:20 AM

Sent 100k, I can send more if I have to.
Who did you send it to?
I haven't seen anyone starting the collection.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: April 15, 2012, 08:25:27 AM

It's in the MotD undecided

We were at 350k when I checked last night and someone had sent along another one I didn't get before I logged.

I'm going to have to go do some dailies with Komoto because now I'm down to 27k, tier 6 crafting is unfair to non-grindy, non-pvp, non-grouping characters.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: April 15, 2012, 09:15:10 AM

I'm going to have to go do some dailies with Komoto because now I'm down to 27k, tier 6 crafting is unfair to non-grindy, non-pvp, non-grouping characters.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Don't you mean down to 376k+ creds? Grin

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: April 15, 2012, 12:51:59 PM

I'm going to England!

(any overages from donors will go into the guild bank)

Bank purchased. Thanks for the donations!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 06:19:03 PM by Sky »
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #34 on: April 15, 2012, 07:11:53 PM

Cool. I'll throw some of the very small bit of cash I've got in there.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Bat Country Bank  
Jump to: