Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:32:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: HNIC Playoff Pool 2012 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: HNIC Playoff Pool 2012  (Read 16485 times)
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #35 on: April 12, 2012, 07:27:24 AM

Heh, cute.

Hell, even I was embarrassed at the antics Kessler was pulling last night.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Speedy Cerviche
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: April 12, 2012, 07:57:29 AM

Hmm missed this. I'll enter next round.

I don't think hockey officiating is getting worse, it's just always been kind of bad, because as others have mentioned, it's a tough sport to ref. It's easy to dissects plays in slow motion after, but it's a lot tougher live at full speed, then factor  in all the embellishment that goes on too.

The canucks are pretty easy to hate, you have a combination of pricks (Burrows, Kesler), and then add in arrogant swedes (arrogant or not, swedes always seem to manage to look arrogant), Luongo has a pretty unlikeable look, guy is straight outta the most Italian neighbourhood of Montreal and has the greaseball look down to perfection. Canucks fans seem to be arrogant man-children too, I mean who the fuck riots when they LOSE??? Here in Montreal, we only riot when we WIN, adds to the fun.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #37 on: April 12, 2012, 08:09:05 AM

You'll notice that I'm kicking everyone's ass, so far.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: April 12, 2012, 10:15:14 AM

I was expecting at least a one game suspension for this. Nope, $2500 fine.

I'm very mysterious when I'm inside you.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #39 on: April 12, 2012, 10:54:37 AM

Hell, that's just a cost of doing business. 
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #40 on: April 12, 2012, 10:55:43 AM

This made me laugh a LOT last night:

https://twitter.com/#!/LAKings/status/190309931210113025

Kings played about as good as they can last night, Vancouver not so much.

Heart All the Canucks fans are responding by complaining about the lack of class shown by the tweet. Must be the same fans chanting bullshit at the refs after that Canuck dickbag got tossed for obvious head hunting hit.
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2012/04/12/byron_bitz_game_1_misconduct/

Who are the fans in that gif that are sitting down through that whole sequence? Wtf.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #41 on: April 12, 2012, 11:42:50 AM

Bitz deserves a suspension for the hit, it was an idiotic move. I'll forgive the bullshit chant at the arena, due to the lack of instant replay the fans would have had access to. We were losing, and we'd already had a couple "odd" calls on clean looking hits earlier in the game - so the fans did what fans do.

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #42 on: April 14, 2012, 01:10:47 AM

So, spotting Pittsburgh goals and then still winning is kind of funny...though I hope the Flyers stop with it and just win from the start.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #43 on: April 14, 2012, 06:52:49 AM

Shocking no one, I'm in last.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #44 on: April 14, 2012, 02:52:23 PM

I'm pretty damned close to you, brother.   awesome, for real
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #45 on: April 14, 2012, 04:46:54 PM

Are the Wings not good anymore?

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #46 on: April 16, 2012, 11:50:33 AM

My pick of Roberto Luongo seems to have backfired.

Ceryse
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: April 16, 2012, 12:02:09 PM

I made a lot of bad picks for this (I was trying to strike it rich with less guaranteed forwards to separate me from the pack..) but I'm glad in my other leagues I've had some very good picks (Couterier, Giroux and Brier as examples).

Still, I'm more pleased with the prospect of the Canucks and Penguins getting swept in the first round that I no longer care how badly I do in any leagues.

And its nice to see Crosby's team headhunting Flyers. No room to bitch when someone ends Crosby's career.
Speedy Cerviche
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: April 18, 2012, 07:52:30 AM

Love seeing upstart teams beat established ones, show's how competitive the league is.

Also the tears from all the bandwagon fans of Chicago, Detroit, Vancouver, Pittsburgh, are delicious. Another extra bonus is the all the hack media types who get embarrassed because they are shown to only know popular conceptions, and nothing about less well known teams (despite being paid to be supposed experts about them).

I dunno why Flyers fans are so obsessed/butthurt about Crosby...He's just playing hockey, he's not doing anything really dangerous.
WayAbvPar

Reply #49 on: April 18, 2012, 08:36:09 AM

Probably because he runs his mouth constantly, and is chippy/dirty as fuck on the ice.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Speedy Cerviche
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: April 18, 2012, 11:24:54 AM

Fine, but lots of players do that including high profile Philly players like Briere, Pronger, and ex-captain M. Richards. Of all 29 teams, only Flyers fans seem to be so singularly obsessessed with him. At the end of the day, 1) he's not being reckless or dangerous to otherplayers, 2) he is amazing to watch play, a treasure of the sport.
WayAbvPar

Reply #51 on: April 18, 2012, 11:42:39 AM

Flyers fans aren't the only ones that hate him, trust me. They may be more vocal about it due to their nature and the close proximity of the teams, but very few fans of other teams like him at all. They appreciate that he is a great player, but his personality and on ice actions just grate.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Ceryse
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: April 18, 2012, 12:03:35 PM

Here in Edmonton, Crosby exists in this odd state few other players have ever been in. There's absolute admiration and respect for his clear talent and domination of the game skill-wise. He's seen as teh best player to be in the NHL since Lemieux and Gretzky. However, he's reviled for his whiny spoiled brat attitude and for being a massive hypocrite. He's a dirty player who whines if the slightest wrong is done unto him, and if it weren't for the fact that the refs punished him severely for his mid-game whines and hissy fits they'd still be going on. He hasn't matured at all, he's just gotten better at keeping his mouth shut to the refs.

He's an extremely easy person to dislike. I will never cheer for a team he is on. He may be the best player in the game right now, but I'd rather watch Ovechkin in a slump than Crosby at his best, and Ovechkin is hardly wart-free attitude wise.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #53 on: April 19, 2012, 08:47:02 AM

Woot, top 1000.  awesome, for real

Speedy Cerviche
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: April 20, 2012, 01:19:02 PM

Flyers fans aren't the only ones that hate him, trust me. They may be more vocal about it due to their nature and the close proximity of the teams, but very few fans of other teams like him at all. They appreciate that he is a great player, but his personality and on ice actions just grate.

I rarely hear anyone talking like that about Crosby here in Montreal... And there's plenty of teams/players that are.
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: April 27, 2012, 09:19:13 AM

Entry Deadline: 9:00 PM ET on Friday, Apr. 27, 2012

Enter now!

Here are the match-ups and seedings for the second round:

EASTERN CONFERENCE
New York R. (1) vs Washington (7)
Philadelphia (5) vs New Jersey (6)

WESTERN CONFERENCE
St. Louis (2) vs. Los Angeles (8)
Phoenix (3) vs. Nashville (4)

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: May 11, 2012, 02:02:22 PM

Quick turnaround on Round 3 entry:

Make your picks!

The final entry deadline is 8:00 PM ET on Sunday, May 13. Here are the match-ups and seedings for the third round:

EASTERN CONFERENCE
New Jersey (6) vs. TBD - NYR (1) or WAS (7)

WESTERN CONFERENCE
Phoenix (3) vs. Los Angeles (8)

http://hockeypool.cbc.ca/cbc/hnicp12/enter_picks

Latest standings:

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: May 11, 2012, 02:19:09 PM

I kinda hope Phoenix wins it all. Just Because.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
WayAbvPar

Reply #58 on: May 11, 2012, 03:44:23 PM

I kinda hope Phoenix wins it all. Just Because.

And then they will move to Seattle and never win another goddamned thing. Because that is how we roll in the PNW.

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #59 on: May 25, 2012, 01:14:01 PM

The Flyers' second round collapse was just...depressing.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Can't even blame goaltending really - they just didn't put enough pucks in the net.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: May 26, 2012, 09:01:31 AM

Ah hockey thread, had to find out who was the HNIC   why so serious?
Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: May 26, 2012, 08:21:08 PM

Ah hockey thread, had to find out who was the HNIC   why so serious?

Thanks. I was trying real hard not to be the one who said it.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: June 12, 2012, 12:49:23 PM

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #63 on: June 12, 2012, 12:56:39 PM

That's a pretty good finish for not having changed my players after the first round.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: HNIC Playoff Pool 2012  
Jump to: