Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2024, 07:16:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Age of Empires Online - F2P 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Age of Empires Online - F2P  (Read 1722 times)
Dren
Terracotta Army

on: April 02, 2012, 09:58:59 AM

I've been getting back into strat games lately and thought I'd give this one a shot since it is F2P and all.  Wow, was that a good decision for me.  I'm really enjoying it.  They've done a really nice job with combining the RTS with online/persistent elements.  I'd recommend a try on this for anyone interested in RTS.  Did I say it was free?

I played for probably 10 hours on free-mode and that was enough for me to plunk down $16 to get all the DLC they have currently (sale this weekend on Steam.)  Man, did Steam make this easy.  I did my one click purchase as normal.  Waited maybe 2 minutes.  Then, logged back in to find I had everything set up and ready to use.  I did have some initial Games for Windows Live problems for the full game install, so I was concerned I'd have some problems with this, but it was a snap. (Turns out my issue was that Microsoft was a bit delayed in registering I had installed a F2P game and kept asking for my "key."  Give them about 5-10 minutes if you run into this.)

I'm mainly doing quests right now in the Celtic empire.  I've tried the skirmish quests and they are quite fun.  Soon I'll try my hand at PvP, but I'm only expecting to get my ass handed to me.  That's fine.  I'm pretty happy with the choices, details, extra fluff for your home city, etc. in the PvE space.  I'll get my $16 worth within a few weeks regardless.  I'm planning to do some co-op with my son this week.  This should be interesting.
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 10:07:44 AM

Dang I even did a search and just now was the other thread....  Oh well, my Steam specific comments are appropriate.  Kill it if you wish.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 11:14:53 AM

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Age of Empires Online - F2P  
Jump to: