Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:26:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: A Thousand Words 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Thousand Words  (Read 2459 times)
Sir T
Terracotta Army

on: April 02, 2012, 08:53:50 AM

Eddie Murphy is Jack McCall, a fast-talking literary agent, who can close any deal, any time, any way. He has set his sights on New Age guru Dr. Sinja (Cliff Curtis) for his own selfish purposes. But Dr. Sinja is on to him, and Jack's life comes unglued after a magical Bodhi tree mysteriously appears in his backyard. With every word Jack speaks, a leaf falls from the tree and he realizes that when the last leaf falls, both he and the tree are toast. Words have never failed Jack McCall, but now

So far notable due to the fact its getting a Whopping 0% on Rotten Tomatoes. NOBODY Likes this movie

So I fully expect the usual f13 suspects to be singing its praises and how everyone else id dumb for not liking it.  awesome, for real

Hic sunt dracones.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 09:00:30 AM

I don't know, it's an Eddie Murphy film, and with the exception of Shrek pretty much everything he has touched has turned to shit for about ten years or so.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 09:49:51 AM

pretty much everything he has touched has turned to shit for about ten twenty years or so.

His last decent film was Coming to America in '88.  It's painful to remember that was 24 years ago.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 10:31:16 AM

Daddy Daycare was supposedly pretty good, too.  Horrible pro reviews, ok Audience reviews.

*Waits for WUA's spirit to come argue against audience reviews*

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 10:36:44 AM

I enjoyed 'I Spy', it was a watchable sunday-afternoon type movie.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 01:15:20 PM

I would think a movie in which Eddie Murphy's character is not supposed to speak would garner at least a 50% rating.

I have never played WoW.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 01:31:51 PM

Eddie Murphy is Jack McCall, a fast-talking literary agent, who can close any deal, any time, any way. He has set his sights on New Age guru Dr. Sinja (Cliff Curtis) for his own selfish purposes. But Dr. Sinja is on to him, and Jack's life comes unglued after a magical Bodhi tree mysteriously appears in his backyard. With every word Jack speaks, a leaf falls from the tree and he realizes that when the last leaf falls, both he and the tree are toast. Words have never failed Jack McCall, but now

So far notable due to the fact its getting a Whopping 0% on Rotten Tomatoes. NOBODY Likes this movie

So I fully expect the usual f13 suspects to be singing its praises and how everyone else id dumb for not liking it.  awesome, for real

It's also notable in that it was shot in 2008, around the same time Eddie Murphy filmed Norbit and Meet Dave with the same Director.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: April 02, 2012, 02:11:33 PM

I would think a movie in which Eddie Murphy's character is not supposed to speak would garner at least a 50% rating.
The problem is that Eddies character does not actually stop speaking untill the movie is almost over.  And while the ending was OK, after he gets his spiritual / karmic revelation over and done with, the other 95% of the movie was utter shit, mainly revolving around Murphy talking too much, or gesturing wildly while trying to act like he is not talking.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: A Thousand Words  
Jump to: