Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 06:57:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: F13 Bat Country Fantasy Baseball League 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: F13 Bat Country Fantasy Baseball League  (Read 44972 times)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

on: February 17, 2005, 11:59:30 AM

It's that time of year again! Yahoo has finally gotten their Fantasy Baseball thing up, and I've registered us a league. I'm restricting it to 12 teams this, unless we get more than that. I'm not going to let it go to higher than 16 teams this year, because 18 just meant there was jack and shit available on waivers.

Right now it's set to Head 2 Head (sorry Way), because I'm a bastard who likes it that way.  evil We can do a live draft (which usually only takes about an hour or two), though I currently have it set to autopick draft, which is the devil's bowels.

Go here. Select "Register My Team." Pick "Join a Custom League."

League ID: Bat Country or 26683
Password: catass2victory

PLAY BALL!

Kenrick
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: February 17, 2005, 12:04:16 PM

Cool, i've never done fantasy.  Might as well give it a shot since its within the community.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #2 on: February 17, 2005, 12:08:51 PM

Hopefully, it won't all be a fantasy like hockey.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #3 on: February 17, 2005, 12:11:56 PM

Hopefully, it won't all be a fantasy like hockey.

/sadf

Kenrick
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: February 17, 2005, 12:13:15 PM

team Astrogliders created.

:-D
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #5 on: February 17, 2005, 12:49:31 PM

The Groin Pulls are ready for action.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #6 on: February 17, 2005, 12:55:49 PM

The Dancing Monkies have joined.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #7 on: February 17, 2005, 12:56:23 PM

As always, I'm in.  Ex-presidents returns!

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
WayAbvPar

Reply #8 on: February 17, 2005, 01:14:44 PM

Right now it's set to Head 2 Head (sorry Way)

Grrr. On the bright side, it provided me with a good team name. I also queered up my avatar as well as I could.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Joe
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: February 18, 2005, 06:32:07 AM

No Seriously, NLPTY (not last place this year) rides again!
sidereal
Contributor

Reply #10 on: February 21, 2005, 02:28:38 PM

The Beast with 25 Backs is made.

THIS IS THE MOST I HAVE EVERY WANTED TO GET IN TO A BETA
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #11 on: February 23, 2005, 07:37:02 AM

We need one more team to even things out. I hate byes.

schild
Administrator

Reply #12 on: February 23, 2005, 07:40:30 AM

Can I just watch all the results, as in, not sign up? I don't know jack nor shit about baseball, but I want to taunt people.
Kenrick
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: February 23, 2005, 07:42:08 AM

Any word on the draft process yet?
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #14 on: February 23, 2005, 07:55:23 AM

Let's talk about it. Also, let's talk about the scoring categories, as in does anyone have a problem with them, want to add or change something?

Personally, I prefer a live draft. I love a live draft, and Yahoo's software makes it really damn easy. We had 18 teams last year with a live draft and it took less than 2 hours on a Friday nght. I'd prefer to draft late, say around March 20th or so. Even if you can't make the live draft, you can set your pre-draft rankings to get a decent team. Auto drafts just usually suck ass.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #15 on: February 23, 2005, 08:03:13 AM

I vote live, and i vote a weeknight. Preferrably a Thursday where i can sit down, draft, and have a few beers while i berate your picks. I'll throw the 17th and the 24th of March out there as an idea. No later than 9PM EST though.

As far as stats, no shutouts. They are dumb. I would think 8 hitting, 6 pitching.

Hitting: Hits, OB%, HR, RBIs, SBs, Batting Avg., Doubles, Triples
Pitching: Wins, Saves, Ks, WHip, ERA, Walks

Joe
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: February 23, 2005, 10:47:03 AM

I'd prefer a live draft as well, just so when the one guy who doesn't show up gets Bonds and wins it all again, I only have myself to blame. Paelos's times sound good to me.

As far as scoring goes, I'm open to pretty much anything. I rathered liked Il Pesto's scoring in the old WTFball league, but whatever you guys want to do.
sidereal
Contributor

Reply #17 on: February 23, 2005, 11:52:56 AM

Live is great. . late is good.  Someone getting smoked in the league because their #1 pick broke a spine in spring training is no fun for anyone.

On stats: I'm a bit of a purist. . less is more.  10ish.  Trading for a junk player because he hits a lot of triples or gets a lot of sacrifice bunts doesn't strike me as the epitome of the fantasy experience.

Also, on the current roster set I think the number of starting pitchers is pretty low. 

All that said, I'm easy.  Whatever.

THIS IS THE MOST I HAVE EVERY WANTED TO GET IN TO A BETA
Jamiko
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: February 28, 2005, 12:53:20 PM

League Notes:
• Your league will not be permitted to conduct its draft if it contains an odd number of managers.

We need to add one or lose one. If we don't get another by the draft time, I volunteer to drop out.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2005, 12:58:06 PM by Jamiko »
WayAbvPar

Reply #19 on: February 28, 2005, 12:55:05 PM

League Notes:
• Your league will not be permitted to conduct its draft if it contains an odd number of managers.

Hopefully there are no restrictions  on having a number of odd managers.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #20 on: February 28, 2005, 01:31:47 PM

I'll see what I can do about the number of managers. Arcadian around anywhere?

schild
Administrator

Reply #21 on: February 28, 2005, 06:21:52 PM

Christ. Shit. Ignore me. I was talking about Xbox Live.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2005, 07:10:18 PM by schild »
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #22 on: March 01, 2005, 08:30:02 AM

Silly mongoose.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #23 on: March 11, 2005, 11:06:25 AM

We now have 12 teams. What does everyone think about holding the live draft on a night between March 24th (Thursday before Good Friday), March 25th (Good Friday) or anytime between then and March 31st? It'll take place on the Yahoo software between say 9:30 pm EST (6:30 pm PST) and 10:30 pm EST (7:30 pm PST) so that we can accomodate our West Coasters without making our East Coasters into insomniacs. A live draft takes only about 1-2 hours, and that was with 18 people last year.

Also, any other comments on the scoring system?

WayAbvPar

Reply #24 on: March 11, 2005, 12:38:20 PM

Either works for me. I guess I should probably start doing some research!

schild
Administrator

Reply #25 on: March 11, 2005, 12:43:32 PM

Either works for me. I guess I should probably start doing some research!

Way, I've been meaning to do this for, well, it must be over a year now. A gift from me to you:

WayAbvPar

Reply #26 on: March 11, 2005, 12:45:01 PM

Brighter and bigger is good, but you can't see the birdseed bulge in his trousers!

I guess that might be a good thing...

schild
Administrator

Reply #27 on: March 11, 2005, 12:46:21 PM

but you can't see the birdseed bulge in his trousers!

You can't see much of anything. You'll still be our jesus, just more easily identifiable.
SirBruce
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: March 14, 2005, 01:27:15 AM

Can I put my fantasy players on steroids just like in real life?

Bruce
Kenrick
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: March 16, 2005, 10:42:25 AM

No.  Real life does not enter the scenario.

Otherwise, we'd have Jose Lima giving out virtual VD to unsuspecting street whores, and Denny Neagle then orally receiving that very same virus from one of the very same women.

We cannot live in that league.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #30 on: March 19, 2005, 01:52:44 PM

Well fuck me. The time's we can actually do a live draft are very restricted. I'm going to have to set the draft for this next Sunday MORNING, 10:30 am CST (11:30 am EST, 8:30 am PST). Yes, I know that's fucking early. I don't get up before noon on weekends, so I'm going to have get myself up. FUCK. The only other choices are in the afternoons on weekdays (WTF?), and the only reasonable times on weeknights are after the season starts. I'd rather have it done before then. The draft really shouldn't take more than 2 hours, and likely much less time than that. Make sure that you can use the live draft tool that Yahoo has; there's a link to "Test your System" on the front page of the league. If you know you can't be there, please pre-rank your players, because usually the default pre-rankings suck ass.

I also went through and added a pitching and a batting category. I added OPS (On-base + slugging percentage) for batters and IP (Innings pitched). That should help with some of the more mediocre pitchers who may not win a lot, but tend to get their 200 innings in each year.

Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #31 on: March 19, 2005, 06:06:58 PM

Sunday mornings are good for me. Learn how to use a friggin' alarm clock you whiner.
WayAbvPar

Reply #32 on: March 21, 2005, 10:01:06 AM

8:30 am PST

Am I the only sorry son of a bitch who was to get up THIS FUCKING EARLY??? I hope Rasix is playing; at least he is west of the Rockies. If I get up at 8:30 and get the last pick, I am going to blow up the Internet. With a gigantic yawn.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #33 on: March 21, 2005, 10:16:04 AM

Sorry, that was as late as I could set it. The only other choices were either wait until April 4th (the day after the season starts) or try to do it at like 4 pm on a weekday. Either I just waited to late to set our draft day, or Yahoo blows monkey dick when setting up draft times. I'm flexible either way.

As someone who doesn't see the sun on weekends, I feel your pain.

WayAbvPar

Reply #34 on: March 21, 2005, 10:26:53 AM

Either I just waited to late to set our draft day, or Yahoo blows monkey dick when setting up draft times.

A bit of both  evil

I had the same problem last year, IIRC. My wife goes to work early on Sundays, so I can drag my sorry carcass out of bed for teh children.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: F13 Bat Country Fantasy Baseball League  
Jump to: