Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:39:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Dragon's Dogma 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dragon's Dogma  (Read 32017 times)
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #140 on: April 20, 2013, 10:31:14 PM

It's essentially a re-release with additional content and bugfixes.  You can still start from the beginning of the original game and access the new stuff at some point with this new release.

Which is fine by me.  I loved the original.  I really hope this is made into a franchise.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #141 on: May 07, 2013, 05:58:42 PM

I just picked this up for PS3, having never played the original but hearing good things about it.

Is anyone I'm friends with on PS3 into this? I want like, pawns or something, right?

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #142 on: May 07, 2013, 06:24:48 PM

I haven't played in a while, and I don't know if we are PSN Friends.  But you know, I have a pawn.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #143 on: May 07, 2013, 08:03:22 PM

You can add me as T_Abernathy for PS3.  My pawn is a 18 mage that is healing focused.  Nothing special. 

I'm running with two F13 pawns, one is Cyllix, a badass 55 healing mage and a lvl 33 magic archer.  It's almost too easy with those pawns, and there's not much that I'm having trouble with yet.  However, I have played through the first three chapters of the game before.

Super PROTIP:  get a USB thumbstick and backup your saves to it every day.  I'm not sure if this new version fixed the save synch error from the base game, but I don't want to find out again.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #144 on: May 07, 2013, 08:14:00 PM

Also:  This wasn't announced, but ALL previous DLC for the base game is included in the new game.  It works a bit differently, in that they don't just give you the stuff after buying it from PSN.  Instead, all the previous gear is for sale from:

I think there's other new DLC, but I'm not sure how to buy it yet, as it's not on PSN.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #145 on: May 08, 2013, 05:55:07 AM

Is anyone I'm friends with on PS3 into this? I want like, pawns or something, right?

I'm Ruvaldt on PSN.  Feel free to add me; I have a pawn available.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
jth
Terracotta Army

Reply #146 on: May 08, 2013, 06:36:49 PM

I got the expansion some time ago but still haven't installed it, I guess I'll wait for them to fix the save issues first. I still have a lot of the base game to finish though.

My pawn (Eclipse) is a level 30 sorcerer, I'm Aeternus72 on PSN if you want to use it.
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #147 on: May 08, 2013, 08:40:09 PM

Im SJSLongshot on psn, i plan on addin you guys so i can mooch the pawns.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #148 on: May 09, 2013, 04:16:14 AM

I just checked and apparently I changed my pawn's job to mage for some sort of skill-learning that I can't remember.  So he's a lv30 mage but is obviously not really a mage just at a glance.  Good luck!

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #149 on: May 09, 2013, 04:43:25 PM

The saved game bug still exists. Also I had been using some pawns that belonged to friends, and after I made a new game because the old one was corrupted, I can no longer search for pawns by player ID or even see my friends pawns. I am sad.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #150 on: May 10, 2013, 08:08:40 PM

Some people need to accept friend invites, so i can mooch...i mean appreciate the quality of your pawns.  smiley

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #151 on: May 13, 2013, 05:27:54 AM

But I'd have to turn on my PS3!

Maledict
Terracotta Army

Reply #152 on: May 13, 2013, 06:35:21 AM

As always, I've picked the version that no-one else is playing and am on the 360.

All the reviews said it was the better version due to the frame rate!

Plus side - this game really is freaking superb. Skyrim plus Demon Souls = fantastic.
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #153 on: May 18, 2013, 01:23:18 PM

The game keeps surprising me with well done bits.

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #154 on: May 10, 2016, 03:13:47 PM

I finally tackled this--it was sitting all lonely in my Steam backlog.

Like Pennilenko says, it has some really strangely well-done bits hiding amid the not-well-done bits. A strange game. Some fantastic writing and quest design and some really bad quest design.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Dragon's Dogma  
Jump to: