Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:13:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Lulu, the Fae Sorceress 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lulu, the Fae Sorceress  (Read 11984 times)
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

on: March 16, 2012, 02:59:22 PM

Abilities:
Pix, Faerie Companion (Passive) - Pix fires magical bolts of energy whenever his owner attacks another enemy unit. These bolts are homing, but can be intercepted by other units.

Glitterlance - Pix and Lulu each fire a bolt of magical energy that heavily slows all enemies it hits. An enemy can only be damaged by one bolt.

Whimsy - If cast on an ally, grants them movement speed and ability power for a short time. If cast on an enemy, turns them into an adorable critter that can't attack or cast spells.

Help, Pix! - If cast on an ally, commands Pix to jump to an ally and shield them. He then follows them and aids their attacks. If cast on an enemy, commands Pix to jump to an enemy and damage them. He then follows them and grants you vision of that enemy.

Wild Growth(Ultimate) - Lulu enlarges an ally, knocking enemies away from them and granting them a large amount of bonus health. For the next few seconds, that ally gains an aura that slows nearby enemies.

Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 03:10:37 PM

I'll be buying her on release if you guys want feedback.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 03:11:51 PM

Me too likely.  Will be interesting to see people wanting to play support now more often.  Hell if I'm going to ranged ad next week.

-Rasix
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 03:17:18 PM

The ult knocking people away and having a slow component seems counter productive.  swamp poop

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Rasix

Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 03:18:58 PM

Yeah, that doesn't seem right.  It also seems rife for "Janna ult" style mistakes and grief from your team.

Might not be so bad:

Lulu's ult knockback is closer to Maokai or Fizz's AoE Knockbacks - It's an instant peel with much smaller radius, it's more of a knockback that launches opponents at 70 degrees, so it's more primary vertical than horizontal motion.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 03:27:28 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: March 16, 2012, 03:31:22 PM

I'd guess that's partly to cover the increased size in the hero being ulted.
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: March 16, 2012, 03:35:54 PM

I'm hoping it works on my fully feasted Cho  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: March 16, 2012, 03:42:07 PM

I'm hoping it works on my fully feasted Cho  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

ACK! awesome, for real

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #8 on: March 16, 2012, 04:13:12 PM

That is going to be an AMAZINGLY ANNOYING champ to fight against.

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: March 16, 2012, 04:29:22 PM

I'll be picking her up too.

Love an aggressive support.

She's got an movement speed and AP buff that may benefit some AP hybrids in bottom lane with her.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: March 16, 2012, 05:07:09 PM

Oh, she sounds really fun.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: March 16, 2012, 07:26:28 PM

HEY! LISTEN!
Ozzu
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: March 17, 2012, 01:53:26 AM

I'm all over this. Very cool.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: March 17, 2012, 06:48:52 AM

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: March 17, 2012, 07:05:36 AM

That ult looks a lot more useful in practice than on paper.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #15 on: March 17, 2012, 02:35:09 PM

Oh... My... God. That ULT is fucking incredible.  why so serious?

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: March 20, 2014, 07:26:25 AM

Just played her with Fizz.

Total pwnage.

The ult is a pretty strong heal actually.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 07:41:04 AM by MrHat »
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: March 20, 2014, 07:45:55 AM

Very strong, her suggested items are all support though and I think she is good with maybe a few straight ap ones too.  Though you won't be last hitting much as support, her ability to do it early game is crazy because of that pixie.  Also, ult'd nasus that gets her ult is godmode.

Rasix

Reply #18 on: March 20, 2014, 10:06:35 AM

My first day 1 champ purchase.  I play so much support though, it'll be a relief if I'm able to play her. Strong kit.  Not sure on which skill I'll max first, w or e.  On one hand, w will allow for better ganks and synergize better with an AD with some AP scaling.  E will be better for shielding and harass.   Guess it depends on the lane. 

-Rasix
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: March 20, 2014, 10:24:51 AM

I've heard suggestions of building her as full attack speed...it makes me curious, she does have some real output.

Rasix

Reply #20 on: March 20, 2014, 10:45:16 AM

I don't think her base attack speed and scaling lend itself to that as well as someone like Twisted Fate or Kennen, who would be similar examples.  Does make building a Zeke's as a core support item a bit more attractive.  The passive is intercepted by minions, although I suppose you could use that to shred waves more efficiently.  For laughs in a custom, I built malady on her and it was pretty interesting how big of a dps boost it was.

I think she can be played like a carry, but I'm not sure I'd be that good as her scaling isn't tremendous.  Range on her abilities isn't great either. 

-Rasix
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: March 20, 2014, 11:37:27 AM

Her base mana regen seems all kinds of crazy

Rasix

Reply #22 on: March 20, 2014, 11:53:39 AM

About the same as Nunu's.  Same scaling but .6 less to start with.  Mana costs seem really reasonable.

-Rasix
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: March 20, 2014, 12:06:42 PM

I've been tooling around with her (just custom, I'm supposed to be working) and the attack speed thought occurred to me so I tried it, it's hysterical.  I figured that there was no point in doing it small, so I went Berzerker Greaves, Malady, Nashors, Zekes and Ionic.  It's like playing with a champ that has a machine gun - visually very fun. 

Seems to me that even if you are going full-on support, a partial attack speed kit is worthwhile (Malady, Zekes).
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: March 20, 2014, 02:44:46 PM

I've been tooling around with her (just custom, I'm supposed to be working) and the attack speed thought occurred to me so I tried it, it's hysterical.  I figured that there was no point in doing it small, so I went Berzerker Greaves, Malady, Nashors, Zekes and Ionic.  It's like playing with a champ that has a machine gun - visually very fun. 

Seems to me that even if you are going full-on support, a partial attack speed kit is worthwhile (Malady, Zekes).

She needs more mana regen than a philostone can provide because all her skills are so useful.
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: March 20, 2014, 04:14:31 PM

I spammed the shit out of her spells (well, Q and E) and didn't have too many issues by pushing Nashor's near the front in the buy list (but I did take Clarity and I have mana regen runes and masteries), but these are just custom games so I think you are right.  That said, something like Nashor's and Shurelya's should do the trick.

It's terribly amusing to hit the trailing of two runners with E, then follow up with Q to get a double kill (the far runner be pretty far out of your normal range).
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: March 20, 2014, 09:00:41 PM

Well, atk speed isn't the way to go, fun but not useful.  Also I'm not sure I like her E, I just don't use it enough maybe? Q and W seem WAY more useful.

ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: March 20, 2014, 11:54:07 PM

Haven't dealt with her yet, but building AS seems silly when you can just have someone else do it and give them Pix.

Alternately make Warwick jungle and have the scariest level 6 ganks ever, assuming it combos with his ult.
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: March 21, 2014, 07:13:27 AM

She needs more mana regen than a philostone can provide because all her skills are so useful.

Yup she is a bit mana hungry due to how good her spells are and how low their cool downs are. I have been messing with philo>shrelias and the mana regen/cdr/ap book. The combo works pretty well and maxes her CDR which allows for some fast and furious support/opponent harassment in fights.

Even without much AP all her powers are pretty useful but trying to work in some of the good utility AP stuff seems very nice. Have to say mega sized fizz is all kinds of hilarious. Hit a fizz with my ult and just giggled.
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: March 21, 2014, 07:16:02 AM

Well, atk speed isn't the way to go, fun but not useful.  Also I'm not sure I like her E, I just don't use it enough maybe? Q and W seem WAY more useful.

Her E is actually one of her better powers. It is her shield and it also repositions pix so you can do some odd stuff by throwing pix on an enemy it can massively extend your range with glitterlance to throw a wrench in your opponents plans.

It is also her main way of helping herself and team mates survive.

My biggest issue with her is all of her powers are so useful its hard to tell which one I want to max first.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: March 21, 2014, 07:40:21 AM

My biggest issue with her is all of her powers are so useful its hard to tell which one I want to max first.
Posted on: Today at 08:13:27 am
Posted by: kaid

Truth.  Though I am finding the usefulness of putting pix on a minion pushing their tower, then glitterlancing

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: March 21, 2014, 12:59:44 PM

She does decent in the laning phase but really shines in the chaos of group battles.  Her buffs and poly's win those easily.

Also, Olaf+Lulu wins games.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: March 21, 2014, 03:32:26 PM

Nothing, NOTHING more satisfying than turning a melee carry into a squirrel just as they pop their ult/cd's and charge in.

Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: March 21, 2014, 05:35:45 PM

Absolutely should not plan on going atk speed, agree (stupidly fun to have a machine gun though).  Disagree on E, you need to play with it more (as others have said) in conjunction with Q.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: March 21, 2014, 07:42:37 PM

I'm actually considering levelling Q as priority up to maybe 3, then ignoring it in favor of W and E.  Q is really strong early game but l Think it falls off a bit later, still testing.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Lulu, the Fae Sorceress  
Jump to: