Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:56:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Holy shit, tea. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Holy shit, tea.  (Read 17876 times)
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #105 on: July 20, 2012, 01:40:20 PM

Best cup of tea I ever had? Cooked in a 60 year old billy (essentially a metal bucket) over an open camp fire. Nothing comes close.

A little hard to replicate in the kitchen though.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #106 on: July 20, 2012, 02:26:07 PM

Does anyone else drink their tea non-sweetened?

*gag*

I cannot stand the taste of unsweetened tea.  I grew up drinking sweet(ened) tea and have never managed to tolerate it without anything in it.  I have significantly cut back on the amount of sugar I use though and don't drink it too often.

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #107 on: July 20, 2012, 03:22:38 PM

I grew up always hateing the taste of tea, but after Japan, developed a taste for cold green tea (mainly as a water substitute).  I like drinking that and other cold teas, but just cannot stand sweetend tea in any form now.  Which makes it hard in America, since every bottle of tea I find is filled to the brim with high fructose corn syrup.   Heartbreak

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #108 on: July 20, 2012, 07:44:03 PM

I grew up always hateing the taste of tea, but after Japan, developed a taste for cold green tea (mainly as a water substitute).  I like drinking that and other cold teas, but just cannot stand sweetend tea in any form now.  Which makes it hard in America, since every bottle of tea I find is filled to the brim with high fructose corn syrup.   Heartbreak

I'm the same about sweetened tea - ugh, and take all of my tea (and coffee) sans adulterants.  I do miss the corn tea (oksusu cha) that I used to drink (hot or cold) in Korea.

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #109 on: July 20, 2012, 09:44:14 PM

You must be below the Mason-Dixon line.

- Viin
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #110 on: July 22, 2012, 06:26:50 AM

Does anyone else drink their tea non-sweetened?

*gag*

I cannot stand the taste of unsweetened tea.  I grew up drinking sweet(ened) tea and have never managed to tolerate it without anything in it.  I have significantly cut back on the amount of sugar I use though and don't drink it too often.

Why would you ever sweeten tea? WTF?
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #111 on: July 22, 2012, 03:38:33 PM

Much like if you ask for tea over here it's always iced tea -unless you're at some sort of ethnic restaurant- it's just about the only way you can get it in the Southern US.    Sweetened Iced Tea.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Holy shit, tea.  
Jump to: