Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:01:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Weekly Dev Q&A for Fridays 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Weekly Dev Q&A for Fridays  (Read 72910 times)
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #245 on: May 25, 2012, 07:04:24 PM

I hope so. <3

God Save the Horn Players
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #246 on: May 25, 2012, 07:29:58 PM

Although we’re certainly willing to entertain the idea of cross-server LFG tools if the need arises, it’s a last resort for us. We firmly believe for cooperative play it is important to have a community and social responsibility that you simply can’t have with players appearing and disappearing from your reality. Instead we are pushing hard on servers that are massive compared to the ones we launched with.

SIGH

I mean, whatever on the server mergers that aren't REALLY server mergers oh god don't say they're server merges, but unless they're merging the servers into ONE BIG SERVER, this is the WRONG FUCKING ANSWER.

It really depends on how big these server caps are.  I bet they are just gonna say fuck it about instances and let as many ppl on the servers as possible and instance the shit out of the fleet and planets like they did at launch.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #247 on: May 25, 2012, 07:46:51 PM

WoW's dungeon finder didn't become 100% wicked sweet awesome (from a group building standpoint, of course) until it branched out of its battlegroups if I remember right, and I feel pretty secure in saying the battlegroups WoW was working with had bigger populations than whatever servers pop they're going for on the new merges, so ... I dunno. Maybe you're right. But I am pretty well certain that the populations - even on freshly merged servers - are not going to be big enough for their LFG thing.

It's better than nothing, of course, and will probably be ooookay for level 50 stuff (although probably shitty for DPSers as usual? Who knows). But being all "derp derp cross server is a LAST RESORT" is making a big mistake imo.

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #248 on: May 25, 2012, 07:59:12 PM

WoW's dungeon finder didn't become 100% wicked sweet awesome (from a group building standpoint, of course) until it branched out of its battlegroups if I remember right, and I feel pretty secure in saying the battlegroups WoW was working with had bigger populations than whatever servers pop they're going for on the new merges, so ... I dunno. Maybe you're right. But I am pretty well certain that the populations - even on freshly merged servers - are not going to be big enough for their LFG thing.

It's better than nothing, of course, and will probably be ooookay for level 50 stuff (although probably shitty for DPSers as usual? Who knows). But being all "derp derp cross server is a LAST RESORT" is making a big mistake imo.

I am all for them holding off cross server as much as possible. 
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #249 on: June 18, 2012, 01:18:54 PM

Missed the last couple, here's last Friday's:

http://www.swtor.com/blog/community-qa-june-15th-2012

Most interesting thing to me was this bit about debuff stacking:

VexedLucifer: How do armor debuffs work? Do they allow for more damage from other players besides the one who put the debuff on the target? If two characters of the same class put an armor debuff on do they both allow for more damage or does only one take effect while calculating damage? For example, would a raid do more damage to a boss if it had 3 unique armor debuffs opposed to no armor debuffs?

Austin: Game Update 1.3 introduces a new system to regulate the stacking of buffs and debuffs, such that only the highest of any same-effect applies. There are some exceptions to this, but by and large (and in the case of armor reduction), only the highest of any same-effect will apply. You will still benefit from the presence of your own debuff (for example, your 5 stacks of Armor Reduction will enable your Guardian Slash to strike nearby enemies), but only the biggest debuff will affect the target's stats. And yes, armor debuffs do benefit all attackers.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #250 on: June 23, 2012, 06:11:16 PM

Another Q&A is up.  Pretty short, but hey...

Fireblazer: Any chance we will be able to get extra character slots for a server in the future. Maybe as part of the legacy system?

Daniel Erickson (Lead Game Designer): There will definitely be more slots appearing in the near future. Stay tuned for details.

awesome, for real

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #251 on: June 29, 2012, 02:17:56 PM

This week's is up:

http://www.swtor.com/blog/community-qa-june-29th-2012

Nothing too exciting this time around. Chat bubbles are coming at some point, the RPers will be happy.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #252 on: June 29, 2012, 02:22:16 PM

I was going to chastise you for placing chat bubbles over companion color customization, but then I realized why that one doesn't excite you. Grin

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #253 on: June 29, 2012, 02:23:36 PM

I just mentioned the chat bubbles first because we already knew companion color matching was coming. BUT HA HA LAUGH AT THE DISABLED.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #254 on: June 29, 2012, 03:05:06 PM

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #255 on: June 29, 2012, 03:16:15 PM

<sisfist>

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #256 on: June 29, 2012, 03:24:23 PM

Heart

Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #257 on: July 03, 2012, 02:28:50 AM

As a roleplayer, I'm very happy about the chat bubbles; now please give me more sit-able chairs, pazaak and I'll gladly play your game forever (I know, I know: priorities! :P)

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #258 on: July 16, 2012, 01:34:50 PM

The one from Friday the 13th, that I missed due to in-laws.

http://www.swtor.com/blog/community-qa-july-13th-2012

Talius-LH: Is there any plan in place for either re-implementing the removed codex entries and titles or removing them entirely from the codex?

Damion: The codex will get a clean-up pass in the not-too-distant future, and at that time, we'll be either removing the entries that are no longer obtainable or re-enabling some those removed entries if it makes sense to do so.

Hooray, the lingering stuff in there makes it hard to use the codex as to-do checklist for achievement stuff, glad to see they're cleaning it up. (I still think they need to bring back the General title for JKs...)

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #259 on: July 23, 2012, 03:24:03 PM

Friday's QA from last week was delayed to today:

http://www.swtor.com/blog/community-qa-july-23rd-2012

Nothing too super thrilling in there this time around.

Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #260 on: July 23, 2012, 03:45:34 PM

Maybe some of the more experienced people on here will know: is there currently a way to get purple color crystals without being lvl 50 (and buying the pvp one) or buying the crystals that were sold pre-1.2 via the AH? Torhead has a ton of low-mid level crystals listed, but it's not clear if they were ever actually accessible in the game.

Edit: I guess the Q&A you just posted mentioned that there are no plans to make them craftable, so that answers my question.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 03:47:36 PM by Rokal »
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #261 on: July 23, 2012, 03:47:53 PM

I don't know of any low-level purple/cyan crystals that are actually in game, no.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #262 on: July 23, 2012, 04:10:47 PM

The low level purple ones were only around in beta.  The times I shouted at my character to "grab his lightsaber" for the purple crystal were innumerable.  I'd have used it even if it was statless.

Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #263 on: July 24, 2012, 02:38:38 PM

The only purple crystal you can craft is the pvp one.   There were some 47 ones on the vendor at one point I think but that's it for below 50.
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #264 on: July 24, 2012, 06:02:50 PM

I think it's still possible for some low-level world bosses to drop cyan crystals, but since nobody ever kills them...
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #265 on: July 24, 2012, 06:06:16 PM

They seem to get dropped fairly regularly on Ebon Hawk from what I've seen. (Er, the bosses, not crystals.)

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Weekly Dev Q&A for Fridays  
Jump to: