Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:32:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: ~D&M OPEN~ PENULTIMATE ROUND 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ~D&M OPEN~ PENULTIMATE ROUND  (Read 10234 times)
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #35 on: February 21, 2012, 04:30:59 PM

As Carnifex mentioned Sidewindin' Stars defeat Mab's Malignancies 3-1 but it was actually a lot closer than the scoreline states.

First half started with Mab electing to kick forcing the Sneaky Sidewinders to open up the scoring. It started off with the standard quick pro elf score with some solid pressure on the Sidewinder Go to Catcher. Mab's responded in fashion taking their time to grind down their shiny poor blue cousins as best as they could before giving the Pro elves 2 turns to take the lead into the break. A witch elf received a broken neck at some point but their apothecary was in good form and made sure she would be contributing in the 2nd half.

With no time to score the Sidewinder's flooded the Dark elf half with 4 receivers willing to risk a pick for the lead. Mab's played pass coverage but the last Witch elf stumbled as her heel broke leaving a small gap for Kirill the full time thrower throw a standard throw to an open Catcher open hands.

Only for the useless trash to fumble the ball next to 3 rabid gothelfs to smash him to the ground and run the ball in the dying seconds. Fortunately his uncoordinated arms were made for smashing throats, knocking down the blitz and protecting his fumbled treasure.

So the 2nd half started with 1 - 1 with both teams having the chance to start 1 touchdown ahead.

A poor kick off left an easy high ball for one of the Witch elves to deftly catch before they caged up on slowly made their way down on the left flank. However persistence for the mismash elf team finally pressured Mab's enough for Azrin the utility Blitzer to pick up the ball in the pointy eared scrum. The veteran Mab Witch elf though showed she wasn't just TNA and 2 die blitzed, and on the 2nd 1 die frenzy rolled a gold star to knock the ball off the field where some sympathetic fans throw the ball just off the Sidewinder Redzone.

This was duly secured by the Pro elves but caught out of position the QB was in serious danger of being sacked and giving up the touchdown anyway. It was down to personal heroics now and the Malignancies couldn't come up with the goods only managing to push him into the redzone with ball in hand.

Luckily Blood bowl doesn't reward safetys and the marker was blitzed away before the ball was quickly moved up field to give the D&M Champion hopefuls a 2-1 lead with 4 turns to play.

With plenty of time but 2 elves down it looked likely for the match to end up 2 all but Nuffle like the masses hates draws and decided to gift a Blitz event to the Sidewinders and with a 2 man advantage scored without fuss.

Sidewindin' Stars look to be hitting their straps just in time for the playoffs of Drilling AND MANLINESS  DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Carnifex received a +1 strength Witch elf as consolation from Nuffle (especially deserved for getting up at 6am on a Sunday for a Blood bowl match)  ACK!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 04:40:35 PM by Llyse »
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: February 21, 2012, 04:33:35 PM

avaia and I have our game planned for tonight.  Rats vs. orcs, I expect some dead rats.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #37 on: February 22, 2012, 11:11:23 AM

I wish I could still try to play my match with Avaia.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: February 25, 2012, 02:53:59 AM

I know it all becomes a bit of an effort at the tail end of this thing, but it would cool if we could make an effort to arrange some matches.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #39 on: February 25, 2012, 04:10:56 PM

In a rather unfair match where Ulysses had an interface brain fart and didn't spend his 450k of inducements, the Khemri defeat Chaos 1-0. No deaths, and no permanent injury other than to a level 1 skeleton.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: February 25, 2012, 04:19:35 PM

Gutted 0 - Going forth by day 1

I clicked the wrong button so instead of taking Morg I managed to not take any inducements out of the 450k pot I had avalable to me but still managed to scrape a 1 nil loss against a more skilled khemri team. Ingmar played well and managed to break my cage in the first half scoring on turn 8 and I managed to stop him scoring on his drive though that was more due to his inability to pick up the ball than my solid defending, having said that with a little more luck on the block dice I might have scrambled a draw from the match though I couldn't have said I deserved it.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #41 on: February 25, 2012, 04:21:41 PM

I have had a MUCH worse time trying to pick up the ball this season compared to last, it is probably the single largest contributing factor to my record being so much worse this time. (TV bloat is probably the other main issue).

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: February 26, 2012, 01:48:10 AM

It's a moot point now, but I wouldn't have taken Morg in this match up.

You want to use inducements to make your likely strategy succeed, and 'bash more through the centre vs tomb guardians' isn't going to do it.

I'd have gone for chef+wizard. Have fun picking up the ball with agi 2 and no rerolls. Also with the lightning bolt, have fun picking it up all over again.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 07:40:36 AM by eldaec »

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: February 26, 2012, 03:09:12 PM

Really need Emperors/Warriors and Mantrain/Lesiure Suits to get played - they are going to impact the final round.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: February 26, 2012, 04:19:49 PM

Sorry, I haven't been around when Megrim is, and haven't heard from him on here. Not sure what to do. Busy at the moment and going to be a bit over the shop as well.

I'm ok if you just give me the losses.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #45 on: February 26, 2012, 05:37:59 PM

Yah, I figured you were busy or something. We can do tonight if you're around.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: February 26, 2012, 06:40:25 PM

I'll be around tonight, will see you then.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: February 27, 2012, 04:23:47 AM

Game was played, and a draw was had. I lost half my team to BHs, Megrim lost half of his to KOs and some crowd surfing.

He failed a GFI on the final move of the game to win it.

Not much else to say!
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #48 on: February 27, 2012, 08:43:17 AM

Haven't seen ICE around.  Hopefully I will today and I'll ambush him.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #49 on: February 27, 2012, 04:25:40 PM

Game was played, and a draw was had. I lost half my team to BHs, Megrim lost half of his to KOs and some crowd surfing.

Not much else to say!

It was a good one I think. Don't know about your side of things, but I was somewhat surprised you decided to settle for a draw and not try for a 2-1, what with all the Skinks still on the pitch.

Also, I really need to level my werebears.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: February 28, 2012, 01:55:01 AM

Not much else to say!

It was a good one I think. Don't know about your side of things, but I was somewhat surprised you decided to settle for a draw and not try for a 2-1, what with all the Skinks still on the pitch.

Also, I really need to level my werebears.

A few skinks but not many saurai (?). Not good against Norse. I would have been beaten up and struggled if you'd had three turns at it. Was lucky enough to stop you winning when I gave you two, and that's with the best luck I could have possibly hoped for on your failed KO rolls.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: February 28, 2012, 11:52:11 AM

If Emperors ever play Warriors, winner will be facing off against Blackrock to decide the Open champion.

If they don't, Sidewinders get the honour and similarly take the title if they can stop Blackrock.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: February 28, 2012, 12:12:08 PM

If Emperors ever play Warriors, winner will be facing off against Blackrock to decide the Open champion.

If they don't, Sidewinders get the honour and similarly take the title if they can stop Blackrock.

Or you could just end it now and declare me the victor  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #53 on: February 28, 2012, 12:24:31 PM

cry

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: February 28, 2012, 01:22:06 PM

cry

Awe don't cry  embarassed.  If it'll help, I'll gladly play you regardless for the free SPP   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #55 on: February 28, 2012, 07:20:16 PM

Emperors of the Pitch win vs. Warriors of the Sun.  The Emperors go to the D&M final again, and could achieve the trophy they were so heinously denied by Ingmar's mummies last tournament!

This match went pear-shaped for ICE very early on when on the second turn I scored two injuries and a KO against him.  The rest of my drive was me plodding up the field, getting nothing but knockdowns, and by my sixth turn only four members of the lizards squad were left on the field.  It was really brutal, and I even killed a skink.  ICE, understandably, forfeited on his sixth turn, two turns after his Krox was even injured.  ICE is a great coach, and we've faced off many times before; he'll get revenge against me soon, I'm sure.

Nero, my star Ogre, leveled and one of my high-level blitzers picked up another skill as well.  Bring it on, Luckton.

Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #56 on: February 28, 2012, 07:31:49 PM

Heartbreak

FARKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Sidewindin' Stars so deserved to stomp Black Orcs...

But Congrats to Ruvaldt and Luckton for making the Finals of DRILLING AND MANLINESS!

Time to play more Blood Bowl to get my rankings up...

Also when are we starting the next season of the Main League eh?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: February 29, 2012, 03:11:33 AM

Orcs vs. Humans.  It's how Nuffle would have wanted it  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: February 29, 2012, 03:49:27 AM

The stars aren't mathematically out of contention. A tie between blackrock and the emperors, together with a win for the stars would mean tie breaker points (total score of your opponents from the 6 rounds) will determine which 2 of the 3 teams go in to an ultimate decider.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: February 29, 2012, 04:04:51 AM

The stars aren't mathematically out of contention. A tie between blackrock and the emperors, together with a win for the stars would mean tie breaker points (total score of your opponents from the 6 rounds) will determine which 2 of the 3 teams go in to an ultimate decider.

Ruv and I see each other fairly consistently on Steam.  If it is our match to play next, give the word and it will be done.

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #60 on: February 29, 2012, 10:26:25 AM

Yep.  If we know for certain that we're playing I'm sure it could get done within a day or two.  I'm able to play any time today.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: ~D&M OPEN~ PENULTIMATE ROUND  
Jump to: