Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:40:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: House of Cards 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: House of Cards  (Read 36479 times)
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #105 on: March 18, 2016, 10:27:11 PM

Just finished this season.  The last two episodes are probably the best of the entire series.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #106 on: March 18, 2016, 10:28:54 PM

The final scene of this season...that's how you end a fucking season.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #107 on: March 19, 2016, 01:49:18 PM

Glad it gets better. I'm on episode 5 or so and getting tired of the excessive dream sequences.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #108 on: March 20, 2016, 01:59:21 PM

I got about 3 episodes in and just lost interest. 
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #109 on: March 21, 2016, 11:34:23 AM

Season 4 was so much better than season 3.  Just finished it Sunday and hot damn what a closing scene!

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #110 on: March 21, 2016, 06:13:05 PM

I got about 3 episodes in and just lost interest. 

This season starts off poorly and I almost lost interest but the back half of the season is just great.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #111 on: March 23, 2016, 01:48:09 AM

The second half of this season is great, but if this series ends with anything but the total destruction of the Underwoods I will be furious. The shit they get away with is getting insulting if its not used to build up to the sins of their past doing them in for good.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #112 on: March 24, 2016, 07:19:10 PM

The second half of this season is great, but if this series ends with anything but the total destruction of the Underwoods I will be furious. The shit they get away with is getting insulting if its not used to build up to the sins of their past doing them in for good.

I agree. The final season pretty much has to be about their downfall.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #113 on: March 31, 2016, 04:00:53 AM

First half of the season was weak, the second half was excellent, back to season 1 excellent imo.

However, I really wish they had just spent 2 more episodes and ended it.  I really don't know if I want a whole season of him fighting off everything.  They set everything up for him to fall and we KNOW he's going to fall (there's no way he is going to come out ahead, both because of everything happening in the story and because it would make a crappy ending).  I have a feeling the next season is going to drag out what they could have written in 2-3 episodes and ended on a high note. 
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #114 on: March 31, 2016, 04:35:03 AM

I don't think they next season will drag so much as it will slowly ramp up the consequences to the breaking point.

Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #115 on: April 09, 2016, 09:28:25 PM

It's better than last season.

Entertaining.

Can't stand the actor who plays the Republican nominee.

Edit: Conway.

He was in The Killing, playing an entirely different character.  Are you sure you can't stand the actor rather than the role? I think he's terrific, as an actor, playing the role of odious, complicated characters.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #116 on: April 09, 2016, 11:54:52 PM

I thought he was pretty awful as well until the last two episodes.  That speech he gave at around episode 7 or so was just so wooden and uninteresting.  It got better, but he's still largely unremarkable.  Thankfully, it doesn't matter since he's just a foil for Spacey.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #117 on: April 10, 2016, 12:50:50 AM

I agree. The final season pretty much has to be about their downfall.

It looks a lot like they are building to the UK ending. And I don't think either their complete downfall or success would be all that satisfying.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #118 on: October 30, 2017, 12:47:03 PM

For some inexplicable and unexplaianable and completely unpredicatable way, this show is going to end after the next season airs.

http://tvline.com/2017/10/30/house-of-cards-ending-cancelled-season-6-kevin-spacey/

(Yes, they say the decision was made months ago and it likely was... but the decision to announce it today....)

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #119 on: October 30, 2017, 01:59:59 PM

For some inexplicable and unexplaianable and completely unpredicatable way, this show is going to end after the next season airs.

http://tvline.com/2017/10/30/house-of-cards-ending-cancelled-season-6-kevin-spacey/

(Yes, they say the decision was made months ago and it likely was... but the decision to announce it today....)

Probably a good plan better to end strong with a set goal than try to keep going past the point they can hold the story together.
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #120 on: October 30, 2017, 03:03:00 PM

Probably a good plan better to end strong with a set goal than try to keep going past the point they can hold the story together.
Sooooo.... Three seasons ago?

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #121 on: October 30, 2017, 04:59:44 PM

I don't know - I think they've done ok since they fully committed to being batshit insane about half way through season 4.

Season 2 and 3 were the problem. Just. Too. Damn. Long.

They could and should have been wrapped up in about 8 episodes total.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 05:02:55 PM by eldaec »

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
pxib
Terracotta Army

Reply #122 on: October 30, 2017, 06:59:00 PM

They could and should have been wrapped up in about 8 episodes total.

if at last you do succeed, never try again
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #123 on: October 31, 2017, 01:29:39 AM

Well yeah.

Urquhart made it through to the end of s2 in 5 episodes and each with about of a quarter of the dialog Spacey appears to require in an hour's television. 

Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #124 on: November 03, 2017, 11:20:23 AM

well, this show sure spontaneously and completely collapsed, falling apart ever so easily even after so much buildup. almost like some metaphors i can't think of
MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #125 on: November 04, 2017, 09:10:00 AM

This is one of times when replacing the lead actor with someone else and not saying anything to the obvious change would be much appreciated. fucks.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #126 on: November 04, 2017, 11:40:07 AM

This show is dead without Spacey.  Put a fork in it.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #127 on: November 05, 2017, 07:59:45 AM

well, this show sure spontaneously and completely collapsed, falling apart ever so easily even after so much buildup. almost like some metaphors i can't think of

This reality is just a simulation, theres no other reasonable explanation.

Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #128 on: November 09, 2017, 07:49:57 AM

This is one of times when replacing the lead actor with someone else and not saying anything to the obvious change would be much appreciated. fucks.

i must go now, my planet needs me

uuuwuuwuuuwuuwuuwuuuwueee

http://www.baltimoresun.com/features/baltimore-insider-blog/bs-fe-cards-james-20171108-story.html
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: House of Cards  
Jump to: