Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 09:35:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: BH Bodyguard post 50 equipping 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: BH Bodyguard post 50 equipping  (Read 12737 times)
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #35 on: January 19, 2012, 01:11:05 PM

There's a heroic 4 on Belsavis that rewards your choice of a weapon for one of your companions, so it will at least be possible to get a decent blue techblade for <whoever>. I think armstechs can RE a solid purple as well.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: January 19, 2012, 01:15:49 PM

I don't see why Qyzen and Vik can't use a blaster rifle. I mean, I get it that mr. Lizardking is all about hunting, but one'd think that a rifle is better than a glorified broadsword for that. Vik could easily be an assault-spec vanguard, it's all about the boom boom after all.

I -sorta- buy Yuun using an electrostaff as he's a weirdo and troopers need a melee dps companion... there are orange options available for that (I think), which helps.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #37 on: January 19, 2012, 01:21:06 PM

Because they wanted everyone to have all 5 options:

healer
melee tank
ranged tank
ranged dps
melee dps

If they made Qyzen use a ranged weapon, then the consular wouldn't have a melee tank option, and for certain playstyles or specs that would be bad. Etc. Granted, they could have just given the consular a jedi guardian NPC friend instead, but for whatever reason they wanted to tell Qyzen's story or something.

I don't think that Yuun can really particularly benefit from an orange staff, since there's still no aim hilt.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: January 19, 2012, 01:22:10 PM

I don't see why Qyzen and Vik can't use a blaster rifle. I mean, I get it that mr. Lizardking is all about hunting, but one'd think that a rifle is better than a glorified broadsword for that. Vik could easily be an assault-spec vanguard, it's all about the boom boom after all.

I -sorta- buy Yuun using an electrostaff as he's a weirdo and troopers need a melee dps companion... there are orange options available for that (I think), which helps.

Ironically, Vik DOES use a blaster rifle in cutscenes!  why so serious?

But yea, I think they could've split the weapons better on Trooper companions.

-fake edit-

You can 'melee' tank easily by making them use flamethrowers and shit.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: January 19, 2012, 01:24:14 PM

Yea, that's what I meant - Vik and Lt. Boring could be melee (vanguard) tanks complete with harpoon (awesome, for real), and Qyzen could do the ranged tank thing with a blaster rifle.

tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #40 on: January 19, 2012, 01:26:11 PM

So does the IA, despite not even having the passive for it swamp poop

(well, pistol not rifle. I skimmed and only paid attention to the blaster part)
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: January 19, 2012, 01:37:33 PM

Sort of how my Commando puts down his 5 barrel doomcannon to pull out some dinky pistol I cannot use and do not own?  Most of the weapon restriction stuff is pretty dumb. 

And Kildorn, I cannot agree with you about loot.  Playing my Trooper I find TONS of useless gear and it does not bother me.  Sell it for monies or give it away.  I might agree to some modifier on raid type things but for the most part loot rains from the sky anyway, so who cares? 
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: January 19, 2012, 01:56:13 PM

So does the IA, despite not even having the passive for it swamp poop

(well, pistol not rifle. I skimmed and only paid attention to the blaster part)

The pistol is an IA/Trooper thing to get around their ACs using entirely different weapons. Vik using a rifle every time you see him except in combat is just wonky. He also likes to yell about grenades all the time but lacks any form of grenade ability.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: January 19, 2012, 02:11:20 PM

They basically ballsed up which Trooper companion uses what.

Jorgan should be using a sniper rifle as ranged DPS.

Vik should be using a Cannon as a ranged tank.

4X (whose weapon isn't visible, can use his current rifles/pistols) should be a 'melee' tank using flamethrowers, electrical charges and his enormous robot hands.

Dorne is probably fine with Pistols, but I wouldn't cry if she could use rifles too.

Yuun could be the assault spec 'melee' dps trooper using a rifle/shotgun/knuckleblade attacks. Or you could keep him using his weird staff things, Yuun is weird in general.  Heart

I guess they felt too many companions used the flamethrower gimmick already though /shrug.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: BH Bodyguard post 50 equipping  
Jump to: