Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:34:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Alcatraz 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Alcatraz  (Read 7653 times)
luckton
Terracotta Army

on: January 17, 2012, 05:23:31 AM

Apparently JJ's going with the formula of one part cop-drama + one part sci-fi, sprinkled with some CSI and topped with nerd frosting.  I'd watch it again.   awesome, for real

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 10:39:05 AM

Hurley is the star?   awesome, for real
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 11:06:42 AM

Let me guess. It's a show that deals with time-travel and some weird basis of spirituality or dodging death, but there's questions as to the how and why. What about immortality? That's gotta be in there. Only thing is, there are some big questions as to the how and the why these odd things keep happening. Really it deals with something historically that happened way back when, but we're only just now beginning to understand the ramifications. The future of the world could very well hang in the balance. If only we understood more, but each week we seem to have more questions than answers. Luckily, the characters are very well put together and keep us engaged. Until the very end, when we find out that it was really some kind of parallel universe that seemed to have some odd effect on our own world, but we stopped it, and evil was once again contained.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 09:20:00 PM

You forgot the ever present parental issues.

I guess BSG and Lost abused my trust. I can't get into these story arcs because I am absolutely certain the people running this show no better idea whats going on then we do.

I'll probably watch some more but its to see Hurley be a dork and Sam be a dick.

"Me am play gods"
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 11:27:36 PM

JJ Abrams and Joss Whedon should team up to produce the worst TV show of all time.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 11:41:56 PM

Up to now I find the dork, dick and boobs show amusing. Lets see how long Rebecca Madsen can pull off wearing those outfits and keep the show interesting.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #6 on: January 23, 2012, 02:29:50 PM

I liked it well enough to continue watching it. It beat the shit out of Terra Nova. I hate that the squeezed the pilot and episode 1 into one two-hour premiere. If you were going to do that, just let the script writers make one 2-hour long pilot. As it was, both episodes felt a bit rushed, especially the second. I have no idea how they made the leap to figure out where Cobb would pull his next shooting, because they totally glossed over that. The twist wasn't really a surprise, as I figured that one out about halfway through the second episode.

It didn't light my knickers on fire, but it's worth a spot on the DVR.

waffel
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: January 28, 2012, 04:02:50 PM

I watched it up to the part where somehow two cops were shot and killed in the middle of the street in a residential area and nobody came out, called the cops, did anything. They probably laid there for 20 minutes too.

No excuse for that lazyass writing.
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: January 29, 2012, 01:07:17 AM

All prisoners and wardens just vanishing without any relative and/or friend/acquaintance knowing about it or blabbering about it to anybody, even to that one researcher guy that became an expert on all of them by researching the thing for 10000+ hours isn't realistic either, so you have to go with the flow on this one.  awesome, for real
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: March 28, 2012, 04:03:29 AM

Season finale was on the other night, and I caught up with my DVR. 

All in all, I'd watch a second season if they did it, but I won't loose any sleep if they don't. 

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: March 28, 2012, 04:21:26 AM

3rd episode last night over here.

Utter wank.  I do so hate it when characters act stupid for the required 60 seconds so that the show can continue the next 30 minutes.

No, honey, you shoot him.  Just like FrogDNA man will in 30 minutes time.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #11 on: March 28, 2012, 09:53:58 AM

I enjoyed the finale and would hate to see it get canned. But yes, it's definitely typical JJ Abrams - answering a question only opens up six more. AND LOOK NEW CHARACTER.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #12 on: March 28, 2012, 06:28:24 PM

Boobs! No!

And, boobs. Damn.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: April 17, 2012, 01:51:03 PM

She does have very fine boobs.  Also, her coroner friend with the Sandman t Shirt.

Boobs.  Love 'em.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #14 on: April 17, 2012, 06:59:57 PM

They're both hot, yes.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: April 17, 2012, 08:57:08 PM

She needs to be in a more boob friendly show.

I am the .00000001428%
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #16 on: April 18, 2012, 06:09:10 AM

I'm actually hoping this comes back for another season.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: April 18, 2012, 07:13:46 AM

After that season finale they damn well better bring it back.  From what i hear it's not looking very likely though.

I am the .00000001428%
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #18 on: May 10, 2012, 02:25:00 PM

After that season finale they damn well better bring it back.  From what i hear it's not looking very likely though.

Err...CANCELLED!!!  Raspberry
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/05/09/touch-renewed-for-a-second-season-by-fox-alcatraz-canceled/133278/

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: May 10, 2012, 02:30:57 PM

Damn.  Ah well.  I heard JJ's bringing a new sci-fi series to NBC.  Maybe it'll fair better  why so serious?

tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #20 on: May 10, 2012, 02:35:16 PM

Didn't believe the main character's tough girl act or JJ will actually payoff his mysteries.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 02:39:15 PM by tazelbain »

"Me am play gods"
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #21 on: May 10, 2012, 02:38:29 PM

Fuckers.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: May 10, 2012, 06:56:47 PM

Maybe she can land on a more boob friendly show.

I am the .00000001428%
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #23 on: May 11, 2012, 08:38:37 AM

Preferably on cable.  this guy looks legit

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #24 on: May 11, 2012, 01:07:48 PM

Fuck.

Guess this and Community was too much to hope for.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: May 11, 2012, 01:10:17 PM

Wife not pleased.

And I'd hoped for more tight sweaters.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Alcatraz  
Jump to: