Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:46:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Patch 133: Sejuani 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Patch 133: Sejuani  (Read 4472 times)
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

on: January 14, 2012, 12:38:01 PM

Gameplay Patch Notes: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/sejuani-patch-notes
9 slots on ranked teams!

Buff: Dr. Mundo, Jarvan, Nunu, Vlad, Voli, Warwick
Nerf: Ahri, Graves, Rammus, Riven, Shaco, Skarner, Trynd, Vayne

Jax remake champ spotlight: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/champion-spotlight-jax-grandmaster-arms

Sejuani Art Spotlight: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/art-spotlight-sejuani

She's Ashe's sister! She's on a pig!

« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 06:45:40 PM by tastyhat »
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 06:45:49 PM

Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 07:09:05 PM

For the most part these notes look good, guys who needed nerfs got them in mostly the right ways, guys who needed buffs got them. In particular Riven, Skarner and Graves needed something done. Graves was really strong in lane with no real counter and Riven was the top lane champion who could snowball hardest.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 09:54:24 PM

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 09:56:52 PM

I'm never a fan of these patches but I'm decidedly against the methods Riot uses to balance the game, too many micro nerfs to whatever is FOTM. If they left everything as is I promise you that in 2 months time some of the supposedly top tier champs would not be considered top tier anymore but we'll never know because instead of letting a meta develop Riot fucking changes everything every other week. Business as usual.

Gotta say though I'm never unhappy with what % of champs are viable picks so it seems to be working, for now, but I think its getting harder and harder for me to enjoy the game as a result of the constant changes.

Believe me when I say that next Sivir will get nerfed again.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 10:03:02 PM by Hoax »

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 11:29:48 PM

To be clear

The nerfs

Try and Skarner got the biggest nerfs

Graves will still kill you, his biggest nerf was Collateral Damage cooldown increase

Jax "counter strike" will turn out to be a major suck because they removed the AP aspect, they also removed the magic resistance from his empower though subbed it in for a nice 20% bonus so take it what you will.

The buffs

FUCKING VALD IS BACK

Jungle Nunu got a buff

The meh

Vayne got the all around nerf bat which i don't really agree with considering how lightly they tapped graves
Volibear returning to game is not something i want to see and the small buffs to all his skills may convince some scrubs to pick him up again.

Eventually the Riot playerbase will understand the game enough to actually demand things from riot. Like no new champions without revisiting the old champions, or something along those lines. In the 3+ years I've played LoL, Riot has implemented Limited Observe Mode and 2 Maps, one of which was released before the game was in launch. Riot gets away with this by having

1. A game only 30% of its playerbase has any given understanding, and of which less than 1% as the patience to play it competitively (there is a reason why you hear the same names over and over again each tournament, with a playerbase in the several million).

2. The least dickish business model for a game that sells a lot like a TCG and when I say business model I mean on the cusomer end, how much the gamer thinks/actually is paying. Now if you keep up with the champ releases (and god forbid you try to become competitive as quickly as possible) you'd easily spend more than a wow sub, BUT since you can "earn" champs and the amount necessary isn't WoT level of ungodly grind, you can reasonably buy every third champ. For the clueless noob LoL player this makes the game casual enough that if he ever gets bored sucking with one champ he can "trade up" for the new OP (or just as easily trade down snickers).  Without such a business model, LoL would have ended up like Battleforge and if you don't know what that game is blame EA and there greed.

Its the perfect storm of a casual game, with a casual playerbase, combined with a business model that attracts casual players. As the game ages and more of the player understand how the game works players will flood Riot with request to actually add to there game. When that day comes it'll be glorious to see Riot trying to hold onto 2 champ per month content model.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 01:12:17 AM by DLRiley »
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: January 17, 2012, 12:04:34 AM

Volibear's strength is early game ganks as jungler, and is the only champ with which I can go 6-0 in 15 minutes. Late game he's pretty useless for anything except catching enemies out of position, and I don't think these changes do anything about that.
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: January 17, 2012, 12:09:53 AM

Volibear's strength is early game ganks as jungler, and is the only champ with which I can go 6-0 in 15 minutes. Late game he's pretty useless for anything except catching enemies out of position, and I don't think these changes do anything about that.

If your at the elo where 6-0 in 15 minutes isn't gg...sucks for you lol
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: January 17, 2012, 12:19:31 AM

If your at the elo where 6-0 in 15 minutes isn't gg...sucks for you lol

Never underestimate the power of LoL players to fuck things up (I'm only level 28). Not that any of it happens more than once per ten games, usually I get two or three ganks in at that point.
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: January 17, 2012, 05:38:00 AM

Game was back up quickly after the patch. Sejuani is fun! I normally hate being a tank but I thoroughly enjoyed it on her. I can see the slows getting nerfed big time, you can keep them on a champion without any effort at all. Now all I have to do is convince other players to not run away when I have 2 champs tagged with permafrost.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: January 17, 2012, 10:29:20 AM

I've had some really shit comp games where you can fed one player all day long but his team is so shitastically made that they still lose. I'm looking at you, 5ap champ team.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Patch 133: Sejuani  
Jump to: