Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:08:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Magenta Color Crystals 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Magenta Color Crystals  (Read 11992 times)
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

on: January 07, 2012, 12:02:05 AM

http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/comments/o5wws/bioware_on_where_to_find_magenta_crystals_for/

People couldn't figure out how to get the mat. My guild got the Magenta recipe, but we didn't know how to get the rare mat. Dev drops hint, people figured out how to get it. It looks like this:

Pretty easy to get. Go to Tattooine, click random water vaporator to get buff, go to a certain mountain on Hoth to turn it into a green item (Flashfreeze Water or something), spawn a boss to kill on Ilum that can be killed by 4 50s, he drops a patch of crystal on the ground. Anyone with the Water can click on the patch to turn it into the purple mat.

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 07:41:25 AM

And so it begins...

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 08:12:57 AM

Pink saber!

Apparently the white crystal drops off the Alderaan world boss? We should try to nab a few.

Personally, I care more about stats than color for my blaster...but when I get a force user, saber color is paramount imo.
Mazakiel
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 09:06:50 AM

All that to get something different than the basic colors?  Ugh. 
Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012, 11:01:33 AM

White crystals don't seem to have been discovered yet. The databases that had white crystals dropping off of world bosses is most likely beta info. The magenta pattern has been confirmed to drop off of the level 50 Belsavis world boss, not sure if it drops off of any other bosses.

The Lord of the Land approaches..
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: January 07, 2012, 05:58:30 PM

This is where I am quite happy to find myself thinking anything except blue or red looks terrible.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: January 07, 2012, 06:35:28 PM

Actually i saw a black/red saber earlier that looked awesome, purple orange magenta and cyan look pretty silly though.

I am the .00000001428%
MournelitheCalix
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: January 10, 2012, 08:12:51 AM

Sorry wrong thread
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 08:18:26 AM by MournelitheCalix »

Born too late to explore the new world.
Born too early to explore the universe.
Born just in time to see liberty die.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: January 10, 2012, 09:15:31 AM

I honestly don't understand what the big fucking deal is about saber/blaster colors.  Just give people the ability to change it on the fly in a drop-down menu or something. 

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #9 on: January 10, 2012, 09:17:55 AM

I honestly don't understand what the big fucking deal is about saber/blaster colors.  Just give people the ability to change it on the fly in a drop-down menu or something. 

Hi. Star Wars.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: January 10, 2012, 09:18:38 AM

Hi. Star Wars.

Hello.  It's a fucking game.

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: January 10, 2012, 09:19:26 AM

You kidding?  Saber color crystals are, like, their sparkle-pony items.  They're going to RMT the shit out of those things; no way they're gonna be free, ever.
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: January 10, 2012, 09:20:31 AM

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #13 on: January 10, 2012, 09:27:43 AM

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: January 10, 2012, 09:46:07 AM

You kidding?  Saber color crystals are, like, their sparkle-pony items.  They're going to RMT the shit out of those things; no way they're gonna be free, ever.

I suppose...seems like it'd be easier from a balance/dev perspective to allow any-time color changes and play from WoW's playbook of RMTing mounts and pets.  Good lord, people are complaining about not getting certain color crystals now, they'll only be just as pissed off when they don't have the stats that they want on 'em.

Anyone seen Razer's exclusive crystal for buying their stuff?

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: January 10, 2012, 09:59:31 AM

The mistake was putting actual stats on the color crystals, it doesn't matter how awesome it looks if its going to gimp your stats.

I am the .00000001428%
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #16 on: January 10, 2012, 10:02:33 AM

You kidding?  Saber color crystals are, like, their sparkle-pony items.
Now i want the robot unicorn crystal... awesome, for real
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #17 on: January 10, 2012, 10:24:47 AM

The mistake was putting actual stats on the color crystals, it doesn't matter how awesome it looks if its going to gimp your stats.

I used an inferior Orange crystal in my sabre and gave Vette the goofy Black/Yellow one for about ten levels. Priorities man!

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: January 10, 2012, 10:31:19 AM

Pretty much this.  Either take the stats out so that it's a pure cosmetic thing, give us anytime color change, or a third "Inception"-based option...

...moddable color crystals!  why so serious?

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #19 on: January 10, 2012, 10:33:54 AM

I like how the crystals currently are, actually. Please leave me SOMETHING in artificing people will want to buy, guys. :P

God Save the Horn Players
cironian
Terracotta Army

play his game!: solarwar.net

Reply #20 on: January 10, 2012, 10:35:22 AM

...moddable color crystals!  why so serious?

Glue a red crystal to a blue crystal to receive a purple one? Of course the result would require both Light I and Dark I at the same time... Now there's an idea for the promised neutral-only gear.
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: January 10, 2012, 11:41:57 AM

I thought that artificers could make any of the basic crystals (red, green, blue) have any stat.  Looking at the recipes, the only difference between a blue, a red, or a green +2 stamina crystal is one of the initial mats.  Artificers get all three recipes (red, gree, blue) at each level of +bonus.

Rarity, I'm seeing a lot of red on the Republic side on my server, followed by some green and very rarely blue, yellow, or orange.  But I do seen them, on weekends.
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: January 10, 2012, 11:43:29 AM

Sooo.. crystals. I have seen them with +crit and +end. what other ones are out there?

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #23 on: January 10, 2012, 11:58:01 AM

If there are any Imperial side artificers here please note: A lot of us are light side despite being Imperial and can't use all these red crystals you make that languish on the gtn, make us something we can use.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #24 on: January 10, 2012, 12:02:46 PM

I thought that artificers could make any of the basic crystals (red, green, blue) have any stat.  Looking at the recipes, the only difference between a blue, a red, or a green +2 stamina crystal is one of the initial mats.  Artificers get all three recipes (red, gree, blue) at each level of +bonus.

Rarity, I'm seeing a lot of red on the Republic side on my server, followed by some green and very rarely blue, yellow, or orange.  But I do seen them, on weekends.

Artificers can also make blue quality yellow ones by default (which are more expensive, of course, and the yellow crystals come from treasure hunting rather than normal gathering) from the beginning all the way up. Once I hit 400, I could also make blue quality orange ones. All these crystals are either +end or +crit.

I put two purple quality oj crystals up, hopefully someone buys them.  why so serious?

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: January 10, 2012, 12:04:36 PM

If there are any Imperial side artificers here please note: A lot of us are light side despite being Imperial and can't use all these red crystals you make that languish on the gtn, make us something we can use.

And yet another fail of system...though I don't know which system to the blame; LS/DS or crystal modding in general.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #26 on: January 10, 2012, 12:07:02 PM

I don't like the DS/LS restriction on crystals much, no.

Crystal modding is good. Sjofn like crystal modding. Especially since it's basically the only reason to take artificing right now.

kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: January 10, 2012, 12:12:24 PM

Look, color is deeply linked with alignment! A chunk of fancy rock is deeply connected with your personal choices!

Fucking rainbows man, how are they aligned?
tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: January 10, 2012, 12:35:39 PM

Sooo.. crystals. I have seen them with +crit and +end. what other ones are out there?
That's all there seems to be, pretty much. At least as vendor recipes go. I've seen some people with +power crystals equipped but no clue where they come from, other than occasional one on my medic companion gun upgrade.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: January 10, 2012, 12:37:09 PM

Do crystals follow the same RE system as armor/weapons/mods, in that REing a green gives a blue, REing a blue either gives a variable blue or purpple, etc?

tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: January 10, 2012, 12:38:19 PM

Green ones do give you blue, yes. I didn't bother to RE the blues because they sell too good as it is why so serious?
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: January 10, 2012, 12:38:50 PM

Next up: macroing /dance in cantinas until you max out your profession.

Economy is fubared anyway by the massive exploits in the first three weeks and the speed with which the people responsible laundered and hid their gains.
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: January 10, 2012, 12:42:19 PM

That's all there seems to be, pretty much. At least as vendor recipes go. I've seen some people with +power crystals equipped but no clue where they come from, other than occasional one on my medic companion gun upgrade.

Oh right... I do recall seeing +power on a few. I believe, and don't quote me on it, they come from ripping them out of weapon drops. I think an Orange commando gun had a crystal with +power in it. Thanks... forgot all about that.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: January 10, 2012, 12:43:15 PM

Green ones do give you blue, yes. I didn't bother to RE the blues because they sell too good as it is why so serious?

Yeah, I figured crystals are on the linear path.  If you RE a blue, you can get a purp version that has a variable on it.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #34 on: January 10, 2012, 12:57:09 PM

The purple recipes I have learned don't have any variables. My green end crystals turned into blue end crystals which turned into purple end crystals. If someone else has had a different experience, I'd like to know! I've only bothered going after purpz for the top level crystals, so I haven't RE'd many blues.  awesome, for real

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Magenta Color Crystals  
Jump to: