Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 09:52:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Combat balance, what's your bitch? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Combat balance, what's your bitch?  (Read 21995 times)
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

on: January 06, 2012, 12:47:15 PM

Combat balance.  What problems do you have with it?  Two bullet points max, 15 words or less each point.

Go.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 12:51:27 PM

You preparing an executive summary or something? :)

Only one bitch:

Gunslinger: Cover System: not enough world objects to fully mitigate. So, relegated to using the portable cover system that only mitigates 20%. Plus it makes you stationary, but that is less a bitch and more just a "yea duh you knew that at level 2 chucklehead" issue.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 12:53:36 PM

I can't cut people in half with my lightsaber Ohhhhh, I see.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 12:55:49 PM

Gunslinger:

I am too fucking squishy for the shit they expect me to kill in my class quests with just Corso "the Derp" Riggs as a companion. It feels like they've balanced it for scoundrels. Who can heal. But I fucking can't.

Consular:

Nothing.  Heart Heart Unless bitching about companions counts, in which case "they take too long to give you all of them."

God Save the Horn Players
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #4 on: January 06, 2012, 12:58:55 PM

Jedi Guardian: buttons that don't work AT ALL on gold+ mobs are stupid. That's basically it.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #5 on: January 06, 2012, 12:59:43 PM

Nerf sages.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: January 06, 2012, 01:00:37 PM

Most NPC's die, so I'm happy.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: January 06, 2012, 01:03:53 PM

Gunslinger:

I am too fucking squishy for the shit they expect me to kill in my class quests with just Corso "the Derp" Riggs as a companion. It feels like they've balanced it for scoundrels. Who can heal. But I fucking can't.

At level 40 my sniper got a healer companion and everything got better.  I'm guessing it's the same on the Republic side.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #8 on: January 06, 2012, 01:04:37 PM

Probably, but it's fucking stupid to make me wait that long for a damn healer companion (as the smuggler gets theirs really late too).

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: January 06, 2012, 01:06:00 PM

Use evasion often.  I find that, the ae stun, and knockbacks help a ton as well. Detaunt seems worthless though as the tank companion is terrible.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: January 06, 2012, 01:16:50 PM

Gunslinger:

Mostly not having that problem at 31, except for the Tatooine class quest againt the mob dude and sith chicks. Two Elites and I'd get her down to like 2% but consistently die. I kept thinking i had to solo it but it turns out you can bring anyone else with you as long as it's not a Smuggerl.

I agree we're pretty squishy, but not overly so. Between distract, evade, that smoke screen, the aggro dump, the various screens, well-timed AOE stuns, the grenade (a 1.5s stun too), the PBAOE pushback, and finding occasional use for damn-forgot-to-turn-it-off-again Harpoon (which is a roughly 1s stun too), it feels about right. I'm mostly Sharpshooter right now though, and have no idea what I'd be in a group. Opinion of one :)
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: January 06, 2012, 01:17:38 PM

You could even bring another smuggler if the right interface option is set.

Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #12 on: January 06, 2012, 01:18:50 PM

Level and gear imbalance. There is a truly huge difference between a level 40 and a level 50 with pvp gear. At this point most matches are won by which team has the most 50s with pvp gear. Its really not fun.

Side note. This is going to be fixed soon as they separate out the level 50s from everyone else.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #13 on: January 06, 2012, 01:22:55 PM

Too many buttons. Simplify, man!

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: January 06, 2012, 01:28:35 PM

Too many buttons. Simplify, man!

Don't you dare take away my buttons.  It justifies the purchase of a 10 button mouse!

-  Mark Twain
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #15 on: January 06, 2012, 01:28:54 PM

Fix animation disparity between Imperial and Republic class equivalents. See: Dirty Kick, Full Auto, Mortar Volley, Project

Make the classes actually equal. 90s cooldown Smuggler flashbang vs. 60s cooldown IA flashbang? 15% vs 30% crit healing? Come on.

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #16 on: January 06, 2012, 01:32:04 PM

Consular/Shadow:

fucking game thinking Tumult can't be applied to a stunned target like, 90% of the time.
the "instant" Force Wave actually executing at the end of 2+ sec long animation.
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: January 06, 2012, 01:37:22 PM

CC needs a bit of a toning down, or my CC break needs to be on a much faster cooldown.  And knockbacks/stuns are just stupid overpowered in huttball.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: January 06, 2012, 02:16:29 PM

CC needs a bit of a toning down, or my CC break needs to be on a much faster cooldown.  And knockbacks/stuns are just stupid overpowered in huttball.

Force Leap is stupid overpowered in huttball. Knockbacks/pulls are bad, but they've got shit on the ball carrier being able to just zip ahead to your newly spawned incoming players across multiple levels of the terrain.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #19 on: January 06, 2012, 02:22:06 PM

Actually, yeah, let's go with the "fuck me, too many buttons" thing too. It's not bad on my (healing) sage, but the other classes I'm playing I can tell are going to get really annoying eventually.

Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #20 on: January 06, 2012, 02:29:53 PM

Jedi Guardian: buttons that don't work AT ALL on gold+ mobs are stupid. That's basically it.

My Powertech has the same issue; I suspect all classes do.  It's a damn big issue.  Combined with the 'too many buttons' bitch, how about they just make all abilities affect all mobs, but trim some out.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: January 06, 2012, 02:31:22 PM

I wouldn't have a problem with it, really, if it was the usual spate of things that don't work on bosses, like stuns, etc. But I can stun a gold but then not use a pure damage ability on them? Wat?

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: January 06, 2012, 02:56:02 PM

Too many buttons and i am getting an eye twitch from fucking having to stare at my buff/button bar to see what lights up.  Having a priority system for combat without even the most basic macro or UI mod system is what is going to finish this game for me if it doesn't get fixed soon.  I play an assassin and a BH and both guys rely on procs/short term buffs/random abilities coming of cooldown during combat. 

I am the .00000001428%
Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: January 06, 2012, 03:02:14 PM

Too many buttons and i am getting an eye twitch from fucking having to stare at my buff/button bar to see what lights up. 

This.

The Lord of the Land approaches..
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #24 on: January 06, 2012, 03:33:10 PM

Oddly enough, I'm not too bothered by the lack of macros. Granted, my only experience using macros was to grind crafting in SWG and skill up in UO.

My main gripe with the buttons is that sometimes the UI can lag and instead of clicking a button, I am suddenly dragging it, which really sucks when you're trying to salvage a combat that has suddenly gone south.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: January 06, 2012, 03:35:06 PM

Where I know I'm going to want macros is for setting up specific targeting for powers, etc.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: January 06, 2012, 06:55:42 PM

* The buttons.  Dear gods, the buttons.

* No permanent Lelek.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #27 on: January 06, 2012, 06:59:47 PM

Is Lelek your captive Jawa? Did you ever successfully smuggle the little bastard off of Tatooine?

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #28 on: January 06, 2012, 08:49:56 PM

No ability to firmly toggle off companion abilities, like forever.  Looking at you and your damn harpoon-spamming-every-single-NPC Corso!
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: January 06, 2012, 09:41:13 PM

Skill responsiveness is terrible, esp in pvp. If I hit a button (especially my interrupt or CC breaker), I want the ability to go off, not 'appear to go off but no', or 'go off much later' or 'go off after arbitrarily_long_animation_01 finishes'.

Also, what Nonentity said. Mirrors Are Hard?  awesome, for real

Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: January 06, 2012, 09:50:12 PM

My biggest bitch would be that the pure dps classes don't bring enough dps to the table to offset their lack of crowd control/heal/tank utility IMO.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: January 06, 2012, 10:19:44 PM

- Animation / Response Issues.   Faction imbalance due to animations is just  swamp poop.   Syncing often causes me to throw people the wrong way.  Interrupts don't work blah blah.
- Some classes have blatantly extremely poor damage compared to the top performers.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #32 on: January 06, 2012, 11:51:23 PM

Oh! I thought of another!

The ground target AE marker thing is WAY TINIER than its actual area, AND IT DRIVES ME CRAZY.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: January 07, 2012, 04:32:30 AM

Is Lelek your captive Jawa? Did you ever successfully smuggle the little bastard off of Tatooine?
Yes.  Log-out or leaving the planet causes her to leave my company. cry

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: January 07, 2012, 07:25:37 AM

No ability to firmly toggle off companion abilities, like forever.  Looking at you and your damn harpoon-spamming-every-single-NPC Corso!

You should be able to. Expand your companions quickslot and all their abilities should show up to toggle on or off.

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

I can tell more than 1 fucktard at a time to stfu, have no fears. - WayAbvPar

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Combat balance, what's your bitch?  
Jump to: