Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:20:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: PvP Gear Options 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: PvP Gear Options  (Read 6443 times)
Amaron
Terracotta Army

on: December 27, 2011, 10:42:43 AM

Thought I'd throw up what I've figured out about buying PvP gear.

Available at Fleet:
- lvl 20 Blue Set
- lvl 40 Blue Set
- assorted lvl Blue weapons (PvP Weapon vendor)
- Centurion Tier 1 Purple Set
- Champion Tier 2 Purple Set
- Battlemaster Tier 3 Purple Set

Available at Coruscant:
- lvl 50 Blue Set

Commendations:
- For doing battlegrounds/warzones you get Warzone Commendations
- For doing open PvP at Illium you get Mercenary Commendations
- From CHAMPION bags you get Centurion Commendations
- From BATTLEMASTER bags you get Champion Commendations

Gear tokens:
- From champion bags you sometimes get tokens that let you claim a spec appropriate champion gear pieces.
- Same concept for battlemaster bags/gear.

Champion Gear Bag: http://www.torhead.com/item/53TNj6H
Battlemaster Gear Bag: http://www.torhead.com/item/Gdl0Eh

You can buy Merc tokens with WZ tokens at a 3:1 ratio. You can buy a champion gear bag with 200WZ + 200 Merc. That bag is unique and you can't open it till 50.

The level 50 PvP daily lets you choose a Champion bag or a Battlemaster bag. The Battlemaster bag is unique and you can't buy it. You also can't open it without a very high valor rating.

So you can't stockpile any of the bags because they are unique. If you aren't 50 yet then you should buy merc badges till you have 1000.  After that buy lvl 40/50 blue gear or go back to questing. You need high valor level in the end though so you can keep pvping for xp if you want.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 12:12:09 PM

I'm kinda bummed the nerfed loser payouts, since the salve for pug matches is that even loser payouts weren't horrible. So you could endure a few for some gear. I've only bought the lower level legs to finally get somewhat matching gear. Going to get back into it for the level 40 oranges, and then do what you say. Stock up to max, then maybe farm valor depending on higher gear level reqs.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 12:22:55 PM

Hey that's a nice little roundup, can I steal it?
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 06:40:54 PM

Hey that's a nice little roundup, can I steal it?

Yea go for it.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 05:57:53 AM

All the pvp gear looks dumb as shit.  It's very disappointing.

I am the .00000001428%
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011, 02:06:42 PM

jesus facerolling christ
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #6 on: December 29, 2011, 04:03:56 PM

All the pvp gear looks dumb as shit.  It's very disappointing.

I think the lv.40 gear I have for my Sith Warrior looks pretty good.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: December 29, 2011, 04:26:58 PM

I meant the epic stuff, the orange stuff looks fine.  The epic suits for all four classes are just about the worst possible looking sets for each class, i can't just take their stats and put it on orange armor right?

I am the .00000001428%
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: December 29, 2011, 04:32:11 PM

I meant the epic stuff, the orange stuff looks fine.  The epic suits for all four classes are just about the worst possible looking sets for each class, i can't just take their stats and put it on orange armor right?

No because the PVP stuff is front loaded and only holds 2 mods.  You could take the mods that are available though, although it cost me 18k to remove a purple level 49 mod, I don't wanna know how much it'll take to get those out.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: January 11, 2012, 07:53:18 AM

Here's my question: What do I do with 100+ champion tokens once I've got my champion gear filled out?  I could buy the centurion armor, but my companions have pve gear from Hard modes.  I don't see anything to use these tokens for and I can't use battle master bags until I'm rank 60.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: January 12, 2012, 03:23:21 AM

I assume that with the warzone buff, level 20 blue gear is viable until level 40? I nearly capped my warzone tokens last night so converted loads into mercenary and still have stacks to spend (at level 29!)

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #11 on: January 12, 2012, 04:29:26 AM

The epic suits for all four classes are just about the worst possible looking sets for each class, i can't just take their stats and put it on orange armor right?
At the moment, no. Supposedly they're working on making that available, though -- both the "main" item mod and the 'set bonus' are to be made removable.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: January 12, 2012, 06:36:36 AM

I assume that with the warzone buff, level 20 blue gear is viable until level 40? I nearly capped my warzone tokens last night so converted loads into mercenary and still have stacks to spend (at level 29!)

It is way below the gear a typical quester will have at 30+.

But on the basis that the difference between gear and no gear isn't the end of the world below 50, it wouldn't stop you levelling.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: January 12, 2012, 06:40:48 AM

It is way below the gear a typical quester will have at 30+.

But on the basis that the difference between gear and no gear isn't the end of the world below 50, it wouldn't stop you levelling.

I was asking more as a set for PvP - I'm presuming that this blue PvP gear has Expertise on it. My levelling gear is higher than that already as I'm just modding the shit out of a load of orange gear - but it has no Expertise, natch.

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: January 12, 2012, 07:19:00 AM

I don't recall there being any expertise on the pieces my Marauder has gotten, but I may just have missed it, or it may only be on the legs/chest, which I don't have yet.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: January 12, 2012, 07:25:58 AM

IIRC the only items with expertise you can use before level 50 are the weapons. They have a very small amount of expertise, but it's better than nothing and whatnot.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: January 12, 2012, 07:27:46 AM

Here's my question: What do I do with 100+ champion tokens once I've got my champion gear filled out?  I could buy the centurion armor, but my companions have pve gear from Hard modes.  I don't see anything to use these tokens for and I can't use battle master bags until I'm rank 60.

Nobody has any idea?

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: PvP Gear Options  
Jump to: