Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 02:56:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: The "Slicing Was Nerfed" Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The "Slicing Was Nerfed" Thread  (Read 40661 times)
Lightstalker
Terracotta Army

Reply #140 on: January 09, 2012, 03:57:28 PM

Run "Finding our Way"  (tier 5) every time it is up.  The payout is 2x any other mission per unit time.  Run Sabotage and Taking Back Control from Tier 5 as well, since they pay out higher than any of the T6 missions.  After that run the T6 missions  because the UI is annoying and the T6 missions keep the minions out of your hair for the longest time.  T5 and T6 provide mission scematics, though putting up with the auction house is beyond my abilities and I just vendor them when I get them (8k with pain or 960 now - I'll take now thanks).  Finding yields at 0.8 per second, sabotage and control are around .37, the T6 missions at about 0.2.  Most of the T4-5-6 have payouts in the 0.2 to 0.3 range.  If you were running 5 minions on Slicing at the same time you'd probably saturate your available T5 and T6 options, but I run underworld trading as well to I can stay in the sweet T5 spot and be happy.

I had 550k when I hit level 40, and bought speeder II and a vanity speeder for 55k, and more inventory rows and another bank tab.  I'm at 700k at level 45 now.  I'm going to buy the 1.5M speeder at 50 just because I can.  I also have maxed Cybertech and full ship upgrades (and maxed underworld trading so a steady source of Mandaloian Iron). 

Slicing easily keeps one character ludicrously well equipped.   I just have to pull scaveging materials out of my friends or alts - scaveging is super abundant so that's not a problem.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #141 on: January 09, 2012, 04:44:44 PM

Good info, i still prefer the lvl 6 missions since UT TH and Diplomacy missions sell for a fuck ton and i do make full use of the gtn.  Also i've ran a few level 5 missions tonight on two chars and havent seen finding our way or sabotage once.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 05:18:28 PM by Threash »

I am the .00000001428%
Lightstalker
Terracotta Army

Reply #142 on: January 09, 2012, 09:34:12 PM

You get a new set of missions whenever anyone of your minions finishes a mission, so when I get a set I don't like I send someone on a 3 min mission and take another swing at a useful one.  Be Careful What You Read and Missing Probes in T4 are both very good as well, and Spy Droid in T4 is better per unit time than anything in T6, so if you are just churning off bad mission options they are also pretty handy.  They are apparently 'fixing' the availability issues in the next patch and I think we'll always have all the available at level options.

I've got two characters with similar playtime in the mid-20s, the one with Treasure Hunting for lockboxes is broke and the one with Slicing is rolling in cash.  There are only 1-2 lockbox missions at each tier for TH that make money, whereas there are only 3 total slicing missions (T1, T2, T2) that lose money over 10+ attempts.  For reference, the yields were cut by minimum half with the nerf (and to 1/7th the yield in some extreme cases - forcing them negative when considering the initial cost). 
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #143 on: January 10, 2012, 01:06:42 AM

Good info, i still prefer the lvl 6 missions since UT TH and Diplomacy missions sell for a fuck ton and i do make full use of the gtn.  Also i've ran a few level 5 missions tonight on two chars and havent seen finding our way or sabotage once.

There does appear to be an issue currently with missions from this 1.1 patch note:

Corrected an issue that prevented recently completed Crew Skill missions from showing up in the next list of available missions.

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #144 on: January 10, 2012, 03:38:14 AM

You get a new set of missions whenever anyone of your minions finishes a mission,

Which can sometimes piss you right the fuck off.   I was running missions again last night based on everyone's reccomendations and when "Finding our Way" finally popped I was just about to send Blizz out to run it when Mako returned and reset my damn list.  Mob

Leave it to the wife to rob you of cash.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #145 on: January 10, 2012, 06:23:28 AM

Look, it takes a certain level of OCD to hit nodes, but I'm more certain than ever that slicing is the only guaranteed cash earner if you look at it from the node side. I'm making a ton of money on scavenging now but that will not last very much longer, only as long as there are a large number of players desperately trying to level Armstech. As soon as that's done, the market for scavenged metals is going to fall off big time. Slicing nodes on Belsavis last night netted me 25-30k in three hours of questing. Sending Corso just on the one Level 6 lockbox mission with abundant yield was almost always profit-making just on credits, though not hugely so, but I netted 3 340-level missions for other crafting professions in that time, which is about 10k per.
Lightstalker
Terracotta Army

Reply #146 on: January 19, 2012, 01:58:56 PM

In the last regular Patch Slicing was un-nerfed.  This patch/hotfix/thing has restored the nerf.

Expect it to revert to default after every patch as they apparently don't have a very robust change management system in place.
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #147 on: January 19, 2012, 02:10:47 PM

In the last regular Patch Slicing was un-nerfed.  This patch/hotfix/thing has restored the nerf.

Expect it to revert to default after every patch as they apparently don't have a very robust change management system in place.

MMO growing pains are hideous enough to have their own nature video. If the MMO was an animal it would start life as a horrendous, screeching bug-lizard that has to erupt violently from its own pus-filled cocoon, screech and caterwaul while it greusomely eats its own legs out of sinewy mucilagenous fiber-strands, then immediately begins an agonizing molting process while trying to suck down its own vestigal parts and stillborn loser embryos from out of the pod husk for nutrients.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #148 on: January 19, 2012, 02:14:12 PM

Yep, I got 20k out of one box. Now my sad returns.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #149 on: January 19, 2012, 03:18:25 PM

Oh god I'm having EQ flashbacks.
El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #150 on: January 19, 2012, 03:22:10 PM

MMO growing pains are hideous enough to have their own nature video. If the MMO was an animal it would start life as a horrendous, screeching bug-lizard that has to erupt violently from its own pus-filled cocoon, screech and caterwaul while it greusomely eats its own legs out of sinewy mucilagenous fiber-strands, then immediately begins an agonizing molting process while trying to suck down its own vestigal parts and stillborn loser embryos from out of the pod husk for nutrients.

I think I'll skip dinner tonight.

This post makes me want to squeeze into my badass red jeans.
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #151 on: January 19, 2012, 03:37:59 PM

Somewhere out there, a MMO developer is furiously taking notes  for the next epic boss encounter.
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #152 on: January 19, 2012, 04:47:27 PM

I think you need to make a comic of that.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: The "Slicing Was Nerfed" Thread  
Jump to: