Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:40:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: The "Slicing Was Nerfed" Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The "Slicing Was Nerfed" Thread  (Read 39926 times)
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #105 on: December 29, 2011, 08:21:34 AM

So running level 1 moderate missions: cost 95, pay out around 140-146 each.  They take 3 mins.  That's just all kinds of broken, the skill gets worse as you level it up.  Running the missions you get at skill level 1 is the best way to make a profit.

I'm not actually sure the skill gets worse as you level it up.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #106 on: December 29, 2011, 08:41:59 AM

It'd take a lot longer to prove than i am willing to put into it but those 30 min missions would have to average around 500 profit to keep up with the skill 1 missions.

I am the .00000001428%
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #107 on: December 29, 2011, 09:54:07 AM

It'd take a lot longer to prove than i am willing to put into it but those 30 min missions would have to average around 500 profit to keep up with the skill 1 missions.

I plan on putting it to the Spreadsheet test!

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #108 on: December 29, 2011, 11:37:21 AM

Don't forget to account for the auction value of the found mission discovery things at each tier etc.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #109 on: December 29, 2011, 11:44:27 AM

Don't forget to account for the auction value of the found mission discovery things at each tier etc.

Right and the fail rates with amounts lost.

I plan on doing this for both TH and Slicing, both sending the crew out on lockbox missions, and seeing what happens.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #110 on: December 29, 2011, 01:56:11 PM

I spreadsheet for you.

Here's the results of my last few days. No missions in this log were pre-nerf as I've kept that in a separate log.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/704172/F13%20Photos/Credit%20Missions.xlsx

I'm sure there's something wrong with the totals because it's telling me the average cred/min is .94 but that doesn't jibe when you multiply it times 28hours and compare it to the total profit.

My total profits are 16,107 credits after 28 'crew hours' which since I was running 2 at a time is really about 12h of playtime.  For comparison, I can get 7k in 'grey' items from killing quest mobs for 2 hours.   I only just got my 4th companion so I could only ever run 2 at a time because mako was heal-bitch.  Times when Mako was running were when I was training or PVPing.

Mission Type Key:  YLX:  y= Yield, L= Level, X= Augment or Credit (when I started tracking those.)

If a schematic or augment sold, I plugged the number into the profit point.  Thus far none of them have so.. hay, great return there.   awesome, for real

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #111 on: December 29, 2011, 01:59:30 PM

The market for missions and schematics is still destroyed from everyone running constant slicing missions for so long I'd guess.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #112 on: December 29, 2011, 02:07:07 PM

I spreadsheet for you.

Here's the results of my last few days. No missions in this log were pre-nerf as I've kept that in a separate log.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/704172/F13%20Photos/Credit%20Missions.xlsx

I'm sure there's something wrong with the totals because it's telling me the average cred/min is .94 but that doesn't jibe when you multiply it times 28hours and compare it to the total profit.

My total profits are 16,107 credits after 28 'crew hours' which since I was running 2 at a time is really about 12h of playtime.  For comparison, I can get 7k in 'grey' items from killing quest mobs for 2 hours.   I only just got my 4th companion so I could only ever run 2 at a time because mako was heal-bitch.  Times when Mako was running were when I was training or PVPing.

Mission Type Key:  YLX:  y= Yield, L= Level, X= Augment or Credit (when I started tracking those.)

If a schematic or augment sold, I plugged the number into the profit point.  Thus far none of them have so.. hay, great return there.   awesome, for real

Interesting. I plan on testing a similar method across the tiers.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #113 on: December 29, 2011, 02:13:20 PM

To get a real idea of the value of slicing overall you probably also need to include the money gained via gathering nodes in regular play.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #114 on: December 29, 2011, 02:15:08 PM

Is there a mechanic to stop me from macroing 3min slice missions from till F2P?
Lightstalker
Terracotta Army

Reply #115 on: December 29, 2011, 02:16:06 PM

Just use the vender value of the returned items.  It simplifies the data, simplifies your life, and you can sell anything for any price on the auction house - you don't need a tradeskill to take other people's money.

You can't rely on any sell price from the AH to be repeatable, use the vendor value and determine the floor for these missions.

I've tracked Treasure Hunting as well.  Treasure Hunting can pull the same margins, but there are far fewer positive yields down the Treasure Hunting line and you can end up in situations with no interesting and profitable missions to run.  If you are interested in the other things Treasure Hunting provides the missions can be as profitable, but you lose the in-world resource collection and that's not a trivial loss.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #116 on: December 29, 2011, 02:30:08 PM

I like Treasure Hunting simply because it gives me so many useful items, and tons more to auction.  Since a failed auction returns your money, you only need enough to cover the up-front expenses.  My only gripe with Treasure Hunting is how many relics it returns.  So. Many. Freakin'. Relics.

(PS - If you need a relic or two, send Kylantha a mail with your level.)

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #117 on: December 30, 2011, 07:52:54 AM

The market for missions and schematics is still destroyed from everyone running constant slicing missions for so long I'd guess.
I don't think there's any market for missions to even speak of, given they are single shot and on top of that you aren't given any indication what the mission is going to give you. Checking Shien, the schematics "market" also appears broken but in the sense of "not working" rather than destroyed -- there's few schematics put on sale, most of them are for sith gear (on republic side), and there's hardly any people selling goods manufactured from these schematics which tells something about levels of interest/profitability of the entire venture. It certainly doesn't appear oversaturated supply-wise like you'd expect it with everyone running constant slicing missions for so long.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #118 on: December 30, 2011, 07:55:34 AM

I see a dire lack of orange gear on the market, but I also see people trying to charge silly amounts for it when it's up (meaning some crazy 5000% over mats cost, they're essentially treated as blues)

The missions should be selling decently. Gathering missions (scavenging and the like) are completely useless. Mission skill missions (diplo, UT, etc) are fucking awesome however. They pretty much just give you a bit of everything the mission skill could give, including epics. I will cut a bitch for high tier UT missions.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #119 on: December 30, 2011, 07:59:01 AM

Nobody's running slicing missions at higher tiers, it seems.  I've been looking for the Grade 4 ship upgrades and can't find the fuckers at all. Whether it be my own missions or the market.

I'm also not terribly inclined to /run/ the damn missions since there's about a 1% chance (or less) of actually finding said schematic.

The whole crafting and mission system continues to feel like it was designed by spreadsheet looking at a 2mil population instead of the 3-5k population of a server.

tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #120 on: December 30, 2011, 08:02:41 AM

I see a dire lack of orange gear on the market, but I also see people trying to charge silly amounts for it when it's up (meaning some crazy 5000% over mats cost, they're essentially treated as blues)
I think the expensive ones are from the flashpoint drops, since they come with fitted mods. The manufactured oranges come empty and pretty cheap -- like 1-3k cheap.

re: missions, it's hard to get any picture because some skills have 10+ pages of missions up for sale, and some have next to none. I can't tell whether some mission types get generated more often than others or it's different levels of demand, but it doesn't appear as simple as "gathering missions no one wants, mission missions are awesome" because at least two of these 10+ pages listed are for the mission missions.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 08:12:02 AM by tmp »
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #121 on: December 30, 2011, 08:22:16 AM

re: missions, it's hard to get any picture because some skills have 10+ pages of missions up for sale, and some have next to none. I can't tell whether some mission types get generated more often than others or it's different levels of demand, but it doesn't appear as simple as "gathering missions no one wants, mission missions are awesome" because at least two of these 10+ pages listed are for the mission missions.

I did a lot of slicing missions.  I got ONE slicing mission ever, got tons of diplomacy and investigation.  I'd have to look at my bank to get an idea of the rest.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #122 on: December 30, 2011, 08:28:15 AM

I'm pretty sure slicing missions got removed very soon after launch, i got a couple my first day then none since.

I am the .00000001428%
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #123 on: December 30, 2011, 08:30:20 AM

I'm pretty sure slicing missions got removed very soon after launch, i got a couple my first day then none since.

I have an epic 300 slicing mission I just got.

Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #124 on: December 30, 2011, 09:25:55 AM

The best (worst) part of my find, I got a (340) slicing mission.  Ran it once, then it never showed up again for me to select.  Mob

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #125 on: December 30, 2011, 09:28:38 AM

Missions you discover can only ever be one once - it makes the concept pretty pointless.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #126 on: December 30, 2011, 09:30:32 AM

Missions you discover can only ever be one once - it makes the concept pretty pointless.

Uh, yeah, I assumed that it just added them to your mission options because only running them once and having it vanish....would be completely worthless.

Yet one more little bump to being sure about my decision to not sub after my 30 days are up.

Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #127 on: December 30, 2011, 09:41:53 AM

So we'll stop hearing about how you aren't renewing when? 22 January?
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #128 on: December 30, 2011, 10:15:14 AM

So we'll stop hearing about how you aren't renewing when? 22 January?

Oh no! I mentioned it twice on the forums!  (The first time being a thread where it was completely relevant to talk about it.)  I'm such a dirty spammer.  embarassed
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 10:17:13 AM by Thrawn »

rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #129 on: December 30, 2011, 10:16:44 AM

Tier 4 Ship Parts don't seem to sell on Shien except when priced too low to be worth it. I can use the same mats to make a couple armoring mods and make 2x to 3x the cash. And they have a small level window of use, the storebought 5s while having less bonus stuff, are better.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #130 on: December 30, 2011, 01:01:48 PM

Tier 4 Ship Parts don't seem to sell on Shien except when priced too low to be worth it. I can use the same mats to make a couple armoring mods and make 2x to 3x the cash. And they have a small level window of use, the storebought 5s while having less bonus stuff, are better.

The bonus stuff makes a big difference between 1 & 2's.  I assumed it to be the same between 4 & 5's.  (Hell the crafted 2s are better than the bought 3's except for the missile bay.)

I'm not looking to sell it, just make it for myself and alts. I've got 3/5 just need the shield regenerator & armor.

ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #131 on: December 30, 2011, 11:33:55 PM

I've taken gathering skills - archaeology, biology, scavenging.  Only done Coruscant, but there are nodes everywhere you go; went from 1 to 100 in each skill between levels 12 and 18.  Sold stacks of 99 whatever on the GTN for about 10k credits (and that's significant at this level and on my server).  Not worth doing gathering missions, but manually gathering nodes seems to be ok.  Maybe I'll drop one of the skills and pick up one of the trading ones.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #132 on: January 09, 2012, 05:00:12 AM

Node slicing is still a pretty decent source of money for me at 42. I leave a planet with about 15-20k credits that I wouldn't otherwise have had. The missions, eh, not so much.

Scavenging is working out pretty well just for now because people are buying the mats to level Armstech. Buying at high prices, actually. That will probably change once people level those to max level and find out there's nothing to them.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #133 on: January 09, 2012, 06:25:57 AM

You can still run missions for a profit if you stick to moderate an abundant, and if you don't mind micromanaging the lower skill missions have a higher return per minute spent.  It's completely bassackwards but it still works.

I am the .00000001428%
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #134 on: January 09, 2012, 07:12:52 AM

You can still run missions for a profit if you stick to moderate an abundant, and if you don't mind micromanaging the lower skill missions have a higher return per minute spent.  It's completely bassackwards but it still works.

Yep, Abundant at high level returns well.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #135 on: January 09, 2012, 07:32:28 AM

Which high-level 5 or 6?  I stopped running and just farm boxes now as it was less frustrating.  If I stick to city areas I can average about 500cred/ min (Pure guesstimate)  There's a few places you find boxes clustered and can spring 3-4k effortlessly before running to the next spawn area.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #136 on: January 09, 2012, 07:40:45 AM

The high level missions are worth a lot if you get the right ones so i chose level 6 first, then work my way down looking for abundants and moderates.

I am the .00000001428%
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #137 on: January 09, 2012, 10:13:34 AM

I second the idea that you should run level 5 slicing lockbox missions rather than level 6--they reliably produce more profit per mission, at least for me so far. I should start charting them.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #138 on: January 09, 2012, 11:49:31 AM

But level 6 missions can give you the 340 skill crafting missions, some of which sell for around 15-20k on my server.

I am the .00000001428%
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #139 on: January 09, 2012, 11:54:42 AM

But level 6 missions can give you the 340 skill crafting missions, some of which sell for around 15-20k on my server.

Really? I'm lucky to get 8-9k for most of them.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: The "Slicing Was Nerfed" Thread  
Jump to: