Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:58:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Magic: The Gathering Online  |  Topic: Old account - valuation 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Old account - valuation  (Read 17827 times)
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

on: December 21, 2011, 02:19:14 AM

I have an old account from 2002/2003 is there an excel thingy that will tell me how much value it has if I download it as a csv or anything?
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 04:35:06 AM

Honestly my answer is "google it".  Here's a link to MTGO traders going through the process of getting a valuation, though I'm not sure if that's what you want:             

http://www.mtgotraders.com/buylist/
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 05:25:09 AM

Yeah already sent them the csv earlier thanks, just wondered if there's something simple I'm missing.  Out of touch as not played this in years.
schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 06:13:51 AM

Even I couldn't look at your list of stuff and gauge meaningful value out of it. MTGO's prices are just damned silly and all over the map.
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 06:35:56 AM

Yeah already sent them the csv earlier thanks, just wondered if there's something simple I'm missing.  Out of touch as not played this in years.

They have a good reputation with players, so that is probably your best bet.  I did it years ago, I think with them, and I got back a "to purchase" value and a "to sell" value, which tells you the long and short of it as the to sell value is a fraction of the to purchase.  I think you get back a spreadsheet so you can do some data crunching based on values to see about piecing it out/giving it away/selling to MTGO Traders, or rolling the dice on an ebay sale.

I really should send my collection out to be valued again.  At this point, I have more cards than most major bots....  I'm hoping to one day amass enough of a collection that I can single handedly bring the server down.

Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: December 21, 2011, 09:10:57 AM

Wonder if I could do the same thing with my physical collection...have it all in MWS if I can get a good csv output out of it and the only thing keeping me from selling is how much effort it would be to get a fair price for it without spending days ebaying everything.  Although the ebay single route is probably the better bet money wise I suppose.

(I'm not donating it to Schild  Ohhhhh, I see.)

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
schild
Administrator

Reply #6 on: December 21, 2011, 10:25:55 AM

Send me the list, maybe I'll buy some of it. I can certainly meet SCG/CFB prices, which are likely the best for paper cards you're going to get from a store, and about 10-20% lower than Ebay, but... fees.
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: December 21, 2011, 02:41:02 PM

I sent mtgotraders my cardfile to see what they come up with.  This should be interesting!
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #8 on: December 21, 2011, 03:11:49 PM

619 rares, they offered $150.  Meh, no clue what I was doing years ago but seems low from what I remember.

schild if you want the account as a donation towards server costs, I can pm you the details.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 04:44:21 PM by Arthur_Parker »
schild
Administrator

Reply #9 on: December 21, 2011, 05:17:37 PM

I don't have shit for legacy online so if you're just giving it up, I'd love it to just be able to practice online. PM me whenever and thanks for the lookout. Extracting actual money from modo is hard. If its all useless I'll go through the sales trouble and dump it in the server fund.
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: December 23, 2011, 05:30:01 AM

Hmm.  They offered me $4,100.
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #11 on: December 23, 2011, 06:39:30 AM

Well that doesn't sound too bad  why so serious?
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: December 23, 2011, 06:53:16 AM

Well that doesn't sound too bad  why so serious?

It sounds fair.  You will only get a fraction of the "to purchase" value, as even selling them yourself you have to then sell the tix (which can carry a steep discount) and you are spending hours of your time selling.

You might try going through and seeing if most of your value is concentrated in a few cards.  You could sell those yourself for tix in classifieds, then sell the tix yourself.  The bulk commons/uncommons you just won't get much for, unfortunately.
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #13 on: December 23, 2011, 06:57:18 AM

Yeah, thing is I honestly couldn't remember beyond I'm spending more on this than I should.  But schild has it so it's all good now.
schild
Administrator

Reply #14 on: December 23, 2011, 10:48:14 AM

The value in the account was spread apart, it's not worth parsing out for tickets at the marketplace/classified. I'm basically going to scavenge useful cards from it.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #15 on: December 24, 2011, 05:43:10 PM

Hmm, seems that I was able to actually recover my old account. No idea if the stuff on there is worth a damn thing - how do I show someone a list of my stuff?

Schild, if there's anything on my account you'd actually want, just let me know - the costs are already sunk, and if I start playing again, it would just be some sort of sealed I imagine. Sucks that there are no leagues.   Ohhhhh, I see.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
schild
Administrator

Reply #16 on: December 24, 2011, 07:08:52 PM

If you throw me the login details via pm I'll take a look.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #17 on: December 25, 2011, 01:15:40 AM

Sent. Unfortunately it looks like someone gained access to the account at some point and took a number of cards. Had some fun decks too.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: March 22, 2014, 10:44:44 PM

Sorta-necro, but I'm in the same situation, and I don't really plan on playing the game anymore. My collection doesn't have any really relevant cards (8e, mirrodin and kamigawa stuff, basically) and I don't think it's worth the bother to sell it, but it does have several full common sets from 7ed/onslaught/torment/legions/etc that may be useful for building legacy decks. So if schild (or anyone else) wants 'em, hit me up!

schild
Administrator

Reply #19 on: March 23, 2014, 08:01:47 AM

Always, throw me the info.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: April 04, 2012, 12:30:18 AM

There are still plenty of cards remaining after schild's depredations -- if anyone else is interested in very old commons for pauper or random mirrodin/kamigawa stuff, feel free to toss me a PM.

(I'm mostly just posting this to fix the last-post thing in the graveyard... we're not in 2014 yet!)

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Magic: The Gathering Online  |  Topic: Old account - valuation  
Jump to: