Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:37:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Australia/New Zealand Launch 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Australia/New Zealand Launch  (Read 2983 times)
luckton
Terracotta Army

on: December 20, 2011, 02:30:09 PM

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=574005#edit574005

We can confirm that Star Wars: The Old Republic will be launching in Australia and New Zealand in the spring of 2012.

Right now we are targeting March 1st, but that could change as our number one priority is making sure that customers have a great service to play on.

For those of you who may have already imported the game, we will be investigating solutions to allow you to continue to play on a local server once they come online in March.

So, yeah, there's that.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 02:54:10 PM

It would be somewhat of a triumph if it was actually an oceanic hosted server, somewhat of a slap-down if it takes them many months to open a server and slap "oceanic" on the server select screen.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Lt.Dan
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 05:28:05 PM

I took a punt and purchased a game key via an online "service" and logged in last night.  I'd already downloaded the client during the early access so just needed the key. 

Of course, now I've also signed up to scrutinising my credit card statement well after I cancel my SWTOR sub looking for dodgy transactions but damn it I'm not waiting for March - my Star Wars excitement will be thoroughly doused by the 80 page "what went wrong" thread by then.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 05:50:38 PM

Spring here is September. I do assume they mean your spring.
pants
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: December 20, 2011, 07:13:20 PM

Yeah, they confirmed an aspirational date of 1 March 2012.
Wasted
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: December 20, 2011, 08:00:57 PM

For those of you who may have already imported the game, we will be investigating solutions to allow you to continue to play on a local server once they come online in March.

The implication our servers would be locked from the rest of the world and the reverse, that we would be locked out of international servers worries me.  With Warhammer Online we had equal access to local or international servers, limiting server usage says to me we are going to get a local biller, probably linked to more origin bullshit, or even worse some sort of Shadowbane/En-Tranz deal.
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: December 20, 2011, 08:23:04 PM

Spring here is September. I do assume they mean your spring.

That is pretty funny though, way to be in sync with your customers!

- Viin
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Australia/New Zealand Launch  
Jump to: