Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:53:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: The Force is strong with this one (Consular/Sage healing master class) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Force is strong with this one (Consular/Sage healing master class)  (Read 7722 times)
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

on: December 19, 2011, 02:54:38 PM

Just experienced an Esseles run (3 players, Smuggler+JK+Sage) with my Jedi Consular--->Sage; well, yes, at lv12 I played as  yer typical direct healing spambot with some ranged force attacks in between.

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 03:18:03 PM

As you get more heals, it gets more interesting, but sage is probably the most typical of the healers. I say this as someone who has not touched trooper healing, though, and only got to 18-ish as an IA operative.  why so serious?

God Save the Horn Players
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 04:27:33 PM

Noble Sacrifice and the talent that makes it free on crit channeled heal spell are where Sages get some force management skills and can actually get into interesting play. Before then it's basically "I have my heal, and my HoT, and you fuckers had better not screw up"

Your HoT gets a neat little bonus for other spells, too. I'm not entirely sure how that plays out in a group setting yet however
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 05:21:19 PM

Hey, you have the bubble too.  why so serious?

kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, 05:23:43 PM

The bubble reminds me of something I HATED about old WoW: FOR THE LOVE OF GOD TELL ME HOW MUCH IT FUCKING ABSORBS. Not "a bunch!"
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #5 on: December 19, 2011, 05:30:16 PM

I mostly use it on Ingmar so he doesn't get gibbed when he decides to force leap himself into a million dudes and Kira "helps" by breaking my CC.

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: December 19, 2011, 05:32:32 PM

The bubble reminds me of something I HATED about old WoW: FOR THE LOVE OF GOD TELL ME HOW MUCH IT FUCKING ABSORBS. Not "a bunch!"

Oodles.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Over and out.
Sand
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: December 19, 2011, 05:33:58 PM

You have two stuns, a DoT, a bubble, and one of the two best cc's in the game (force lift).
And we haven't even started listing the heals.
Sage is an awesome class. Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: December 19, 2011, 05:34:16 PM

They also have a harpoon-pull, and a combat rez, no?  No stealth though.

EDIT:  WoW memories, Sjofn.  And EQ1 before that.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 05:39:02 PM by ajax34i »
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #9 on: December 19, 2011, 05:35:55 PM

2.5! 1.5 if I HoT him too!  awesome, for real

Unless you mean some higher level long cast heal, I'm about as high as I got in beta now (26-ish), I have NO IDEA what I still have left to get.

Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: December 19, 2011, 06:08:14 PM

I've noticed this bug with force bending that if I immediately queue up another 2.5s heal after whatever heal I eat up the force bending with I can get another 1.5s long heal because the buff doesn't immediately disappear. It's only useful when people are taking a ton of damage though, and most of the stuff I've done have been battles in endurance, not throughput. But throwing up the +spell crit cooldown and double longcasting can fill up somebody's health bar really fast.

The Lord of the Land approaches..
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #11 on: December 19, 2011, 06:11:03 PM

Level 12 Sage right now, enjoying it.  Of course, I haven't used a heal once during the game so far, and am going full telekinesis!  Pretty fun so far.  I enjoy throwing lots of heavy objects at people and throwing them around like a rag doll.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: December 19, 2011, 06:14:53 PM

Are the heavy objects the same every time, or random?
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #13 on: December 19, 2011, 06:25:11 PM

Are the heavy objects the same every time, or random?
Sort of random (may be based on the area you're in) It's in fact one of the funniest aspects -- a rock, an ancient vase, a droid, you never know what youll get next time you press the button. Like having an extra pellet lever in your box.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #14 on: December 19, 2011, 06:35:31 PM

One of the rocks I threw seemed extra big last night, it made me randomly hope eventually I'll be throwing speeders and shit. I'm sure I won't be, but the thought made me laugh.

Mazakiel
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: December 19, 2011, 06:38:12 PM

If you're on Nar Shadaa, it should throw a random Hutt. 
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #16 on: December 19, 2011, 06:48:55 PM

You can get a perk that gives a chance to throw an extra, smaller rock, too.

(don't have it though so dunno if that's actually shown, or just as damage added)
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: December 19, 2011, 07:12:16 PM

You see the extra thrown rock/object.  The character starts with one hand and then uses the other. 
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #18 on: December 19, 2011, 07:24:10 PM

Force throwing the bodies of fallen foes would be DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #19 on: December 20, 2011, 02:32:37 AM

If you're on Nar Shadaa, it should throw a random Hutt. 

LOL, yeah; it may be silly, but I like to check out the things my Consular throws at the enemy, be it a random piece of furniture, rock, droids, whatever :)

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #20 on: December 20, 2011, 09:47:02 AM

Force throwing the bodies of fallen foes would be DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Ha, yeah, that would be nice.  If a grand master Force Jedi could run around and play the game sort of like the last level of Half Life 2, that would be pretty  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #21 on: December 20, 2011, 10:29:54 AM

See, this is why my consular is a sage and my manquisitor is an assassin. I found urn throwing way more fun.  why so serious?

March
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: December 21, 2011, 07:44:40 AM

Enjoying the Sage most of all so far...

Can't wait on dual spec as I refuse to treat Qyzen Fess as the main character that I am leveling via heal spec... any idea on when that arrives?

Has anyone played around with a mixed-DPS spec from both trees?  It means giving up the 31pt talent skill, but double and triple buffing skills like Telekinetic Throw and Force Lift seem more fun than adding another button; plus it seems to add more dynamic decision making with procs of one skill opening-up other skill benefits.

At what level does it become impossible to heal group content with a DPS spec?  20s? 30s? 40s?
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: December 21, 2011, 08:02:13 AM

Define group content, I'd say. Heroic 4s should be doable, but a bit hard. You'll be asking for CC more than a normal healer.

Flashpoints.. Mando Raiders and up should be really freaking hard without an actual specced healer at the appropriate level. Just because you're going to lack all of their efficiency tricks to keep from running dry in long fights.
March
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: December 21, 2011, 08:12:28 AM

Yeah, I was mostly thinking the "casual" leveling group content... Surely the Heroic 4s.  But the Group Flashpoints until what?  There's not really much to the healing tree until level 22 with improved Rejuvenate, and possibly lvl26 when it is fully fleshed out.

So, I suppose I answered my own question?  By 30 (26?), non-Heroic content would be out of reach without Rejuv?  When is that dual spec again?
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: December 21, 2011, 08:39:35 AM

I think they're still flirting with dual spec. I'm not sure if I'd plan on it being any time soon personally.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #26 on: December 21, 2011, 08:51:02 AM

James Ohlen said soon.

From BB 12/13 Chat:
James: We’re definitely looking at allowing dual specing within the same advanced class soon after ship.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 08:59:07 AM by Sky »
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #27 on: December 21, 2011, 02:17:44 PM

Enjoying the Sage most of all so far...

Can't wait on dual spec as I refuse to treat Qyzen Fess as the main character that I am leveling via heal spec... any idea on when that arrives?

I am heal spec and I duo with Tharan (second companion) perfectly well. It might be a little slower, but given we can heal each other (and now he has a CC himself, in addition to my own force lift) as long as you don't care about ripping through stuff super fast, he's a perfectly fine partner. Just make sure he's in his "dps" stance when you're doing easy shit, and only pop him into his heal stance when you're fighting, say, a gold star dude.

Soon I will be able to see how well I duo with a ranged DPSer companion!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: The Force is strong with this one (Consular/Sage healing master class)  
Jump to: