Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 12:12:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: What's going right/wrong with launch... 0 Members and 10 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What's going right/wrong with launch...  (Read 202723 times)
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #945 on: January 06, 2012, 12:48:52 AM

Exactly the same.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #946 on: January 06, 2012, 12:57:47 AM

Jedi knight tanks wear heavy.
Blah, i didn't read back far enough, didn't notice it was about medium specifically.

Although i'd imagine it can be still of some use for these who went for two sabers, but then choose to run with a healer pet out rather than tank or another dps one? I mean, in such situation someone still has to take beating and preferably not the doc.

edit: also, can't really remember seeing gear that was specifically str/defence only. I think i only ever see defence show up as tertiary stat, after whatever + endurance is covered. Servers are down atm so can't log in and check.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 01:01:22 AM by tmp »
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #947 on: January 06, 2012, 01:03:23 AM

All pieces of gear are <offensive stat>/endurance at their core yes.

Some pieces weigh Endurance over the <offensive stat>, those are generally the tank pieces.

The tertiary stats can basically show up in just about every combo imaginable, useful or not.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #948 on: January 06, 2012, 01:26:34 AM

I think they consider them the "solo" gear, since even classes that don't have a tanking spec have them. For example my agent can choose between Patron (which is strong end, weak cun) and Skill (which is the other way around).

As a matter of fact I swallowed one of these about two hours ago and the explanation is that it is, in fact, my hand.
Tyrnan
Terracotta Army

Reply #949 on: January 06, 2012, 02:18:36 AM

Since we're on the subject, did the different sets of orange Smuggler armour on the commendation vendor have different stats at one point? Right now they're both exactly the same (more Endurance than Cunning) and have exactly the same appearance but different names. I'm not sure if they're all like this but I've noticed quite a few by now since I was looking for gear with more Cunning.
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #950 on: January 06, 2012, 02:28:18 AM

Since we're on the subject, did the different sets of orange Smuggler armour on the commendation vendor have different stats at one point? Right now they're both exactly the same (more Endurance than Cunning) and have exactly the same appearance but different names. I'm not sure if they're all like this but I've noticed quite a few by now since I was looking for gear with more Cunning.

I guess they're a left over from a time when they had different stats but were blue/purple gear. Then they changed them to be Orange and dumped the same Patron mods/armour in them. The PvP vendor on Coruscant I was looking at had different Enhancements though - some gave +Accuracy, +Power or +Crit. I always replace the Patron mods with Skill mods and have done with it (but as I haven't found anything I want to wear instead of my Esseles armour, I don't really buy much except mods.

On a slight tangent, is there already a website that shows all the Orange gear and how it looks (similar to this LOTRO outfit site)? I cannot find a pair of gloves or headgear that I like at all.

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #951 on: January 06, 2012, 04:09:36 AM

Headgear is very, very difficult to find.   I only just found my BH an awesome helmet at L40.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #952 on: January 06, 2012, 04:13:12 AM

"Unable to retrieve patch date. Please check your network connection"

Oh ffs... bit by bit they are sapping my will to play this game....  swamp poop

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #953 on: January 06, 2012, 04:13:55 AM

On the same note, I can't believe how shit torhead is in comparison to wowhead. There just isn't much, and you can't even filter items by them being orange. You can select a "has modifications" qualifier but it doesn't work. Some have screenshots of the models uploaded by players.

I just picked up the first orange headpiece I found and I'm upgrading that. I always play with hat turned off anyway.

As a matter of fact I swallowed one of these about two hours ago and the explanation is that it is, in fact, my hand.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #954 on: January 06, 2012, 04:35:05 AM

The reason being that TOR doesn't have an API by which Torhead can gather info and upload to their database.   Everything on the site has to be entered by hand or via data mining the files on your machine.

Koyasha
Terracotta Army

Reply #955 on: January 06, 2012, 04:42:54 AM

Doesn't explain the shit search options like not being able to search for orange items.  Manual entry worked fine back in the days of Allakhazam Get off my lawn! and stuff that WAS in the database was easily searchable by all the important options.  Sure, not everything was there, but this?  Just shameful.

-Do you honestly think that we believe ourselves evil? My friend, we seek only good. It's just that our definitions don't quite match.-
Ailanreanter, Arcanaloth
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #956 on: January 06, 2012, 05:38:20 AM

Doesn't explain the shit search options like not being able to search for orange items. 

This. Their database shows items that are produced by schematics but you can't filter items by those created froms schematics.  Using the show modifications doesn't let you filter to exclude those with just an Augment.  Missions can't be filtered to show just the story quests for your class because the filter by class still shows shared quests.

Still, to give them some credit, at least you can filter items by slot unlike the GTN.  Ohhhhh, I see.

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #957 on: January 06, 2012, 05:49:57 AM

Sorry, I misunderstood the complaint. I thought it was about the lack of content on the place. (Including comments, there's almost none)

Yes, the search features are simply fucked.  If anyone finds a site that isn't please let the rest of us know, because I haven't seen it yet.

DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #958 on: January 06, 2012, 05:59:22 AM

If anyone finds a site that isn't please let the rest of us know, because I haven't seen it yet.

At the moment, TorHead is the best of a bad bunch. DarthHater haven't even changed their modifications filter from the old list of Beta mods (when it was Underlay, Modulator, Scope etc.)

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #959 on: January 06, 2012, 06:14:10 AM

Suspect this is because the torhead people are actually playing swtor rather than messing around with websites.

I'm sure that'll change.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #960 on: January 06, 2012, 06:42:44 AM

curse, -head, etc are businesses, you can't really look at them from this perspective. IGN don't stop uploading reviews, previews and news articles in Q4 because there are a lot of games to play.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #961 on: January 06, 2012, 06:54:44 AM

Yes I'm very upset that the team of crack well paid professionals updating free websites for a computer game are not doing so very quickly.

Grrr. Arrrgh.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #962 on: January 06, 2012, 06:59:39 AM

Doesn't explain the shit search options like not being able to search for orange items.  Manual entry worked fine back in the days of Allakhazam Get off my lawn! and stuff that WAS in the database was easily searchable by all the important options.  Sure, not everything was there, but this?  Just shameful.

Orange items only happened in the break between their totally not open beta and release. You can find them by searching for "blue" items, and they'll be orange bordered in torhead. Good luck figuring out where anything drops, however.

I don't knock torhead for this, because the GTN doesn't have a search option for Orange either, it's lumped in with blues because I think the change happened so suddenly that they didn't update shit to deal with it. Same reason they give you orange whatevers from your class quest, followed by "oh, and here's a shitty green class weapon you'd never in your right mind equip!" from the same class chain.
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #963 on: January 06, 2012, 07:05:39 AM

Yes I'm very upset that the team of crack well paid professionals updating free websites for a computer game are not doing so very quickly.

Grrr. Arrrgh.

You're putting words in my post. All I said is both curse and -head are run as businesses and you shouldn't lump them in with something someone does on the side when they have spare time. They're also businesses that normally produce quality products and that I've given money to in the past, so I’m disappointed in what they’re putting out. That’s all.

Koyasha
Terracotta Army

Reply #964 on: January 06, 2012, 07:17:28 AM

Orange items only happened in the break between their totally not open beta and release. You can find them by searching for "blue" items, and they'll be orange bordered in torhead. Good luck figuring out where anything drops, however.

I don't knock torhead for this, because the GTN doesn't have a search option for Orange either, it's lumped in with blues because I think the change happened so suddenly that they didn't update shit to deal with it. Same reason they give you orange whatevers from your class quest, followed by "oh, and here's a shitty green class weapon you'd never in your right mind equip!" from the same class chain.
Actually, the fact that they're using so much beta info annoys me too, since so much of it is flat out wrong.  For instance, have you ever seen pants drop in the Black Talon?  No?  That's cause they don't.  Whether it was a bug or intentionally removed, there appears to be no such thing as Black Talon pants - no one I've ever heard of has seen them drop since release.  Also, pretty sure there's no such thing as Black Talon Juggernaut's armor for some reason.  It's just not dropping at all, as far as I know. 

I'd rather have info not be there, than have actual wrong information that makes everything suspect.

-Do you honestly think that we believe ourselves evil? My friend, we seek only good. It's just that our definitions don't quite match.-
Ailanreanter, Arcanaloth
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #965 on: January 06, 2012, 07:23:15 AM

The oranges as blues thing still happens in-game with crafted stuff. My orange synth weaving recipes show as blue in the crafting interface. I have to mouse over to find the oranges.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #966 on: January 06, 2012, 07:25:00 AM

If you want you can assign torhead to 0.0.0.0 in your hosts file, and from your point of view the information will cease to exist.

kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #967 on: January 06, 2012, 07:26:20 AM

The oranges as blues thing still happens in-game with crafted stuff. My orange synth weaving recipes show as blue in the crafting interface. I have to mouse over to find the oranges.

The loot rolling interface does this as well "here's some blue that dropped!", chat window informs you that you just rolled/passed on an orange.

The whole moddable item switch really is clownshoes, in that they obviously decided they could do it in a week, but forgot all the shit they'd need to update to make it look polished.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #968 on: January 06, 2012, 07:32:28 AM

The worst "whoops, overlooked that" to me is a lot of companions actually come with moddable weapons and whatnot, but they're still colored green. You have to mouse over them to see that oh hey, you can slot shit into these!

Qyzen's sword, of course, is not moddable. Because why would it be.  Ohhhhh, I see.

God Save the Horn Players
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #969 on: January 06, 2012, 07:40:52 AM

Doesn't explain the shit search options like not being able to search for orange items.
It's not like the game AH allows it either why so serious?
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #970 on: January 06, 2012, 07:43:53 AM

My small pet peeve is simply that when an orange drops, the loot beacon on the mob's corpse is still blue.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #971 on: January 06, 2012, 08:01:11 AM

Orange is lumped in with blue in the galactic market system as well.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #972 on: January 06, 2012, 08:37:53 AM

I don't even understand the point of blue gear.  It's only marginally better than green and worthless by level the time you have oranges in all slots (about level 20).

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Terracotta Army

Reply #973 on: January 06, 2012, 08:41:26 AM

I don't even understand the point of blue gear.  It's only marginally better than green and worthless by level the time you have oranges in all slots (about level 20).

As I said in guild chat, blue is the new green.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #974 on: January 06, 2012, 08:48:34 AM

The worst "whoops, overlooked that" to me is a lot of companions actually come with moddable weapons and whatnot, but they're still colored green. You have to mouse over them to see that oh hey, you can slot shit into these!

WHAT?Huh  ACK!

I think I may have already vendored Corso's original weapon after "upgrading" it with something new. Facepalm

Terracotta Army

Reply #975 on: January 06, 2012, 08:51:32 AM

WHAT?Huh  ACK!

I think I may have already vendored Corso's original weapon after "upgrading" it with something new. Facepalm

I replace all my companion's shit with dungeon oranges. You can farm any of the sub-40 dungeons and throw whatever you get on your companions.

Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #976 on: January 06, 2012, 08:54:06 AM

At 50 I guess? What level difference do you need from the srsbzns dungeons to go get some oranges, because I've been considering this but I'm not sure if I can solo anything other than BT at this point. I'm a sniper btw.

Alternatively I was thinking about going back to older planets and soloing some heroic quests for badges, to get the companions some moddable gear.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 08:55:46 AM by Wolf »

rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #977 on: January 06, 2012, 08:57:57 AM

Origin is shit. There's no customer service email, there's not a phone number. If you use their web thingy, they call, but can't help with anything.

Just trying to straighten out a ~$7 a security key order is sapping my will to play.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #978 on: January 06, 2012, 09:04:43 AM

At 50 I guess? What level difference do you need from the srsbzns dungeons to go get some oranges, because I've been considering this but I'm not sure if I can solo anything other than BT at this point. I'm a sniper btw.

Alternatively I was thinking about going back to older planets and soloing some heroic quests for badges, to get the companions some moddable gear.

+6/+7 = immunity to mobs, basically. There are some mechanics with unavoidable damage or oddities that defy this, but for the most part if you're 7 levels over something, they can't hit you.

Mando Raiders would suck a bit around +7, but only because of that one stupid fight taking forever.

The one that shocked me last night was.. Blood Money? On Nar Shadda. I was soloing all the green heroics for an armor set, sat down with this 2+ heroic I was 4 levels over, and the first pull just destroyed my companion and I in seconds. I don't know what they feed those mobs. D:
zardoz
Terracotta Army

Reply #979 on: January 06, 2012, 09:09:20 AM

No you don't need lvl 50. Any dungeon with grey mobs will do it for you. The can't hurt you or do only min. dmg over time.

2 exceptions, in "The Streets of Cademimu" last boss, watch out for the fire pits. Even if you resist most of the dmg, it can kill you over time.....
In "The Colicoid War Game" you need more "human" players.

Funny point, in OPs  like "The Esseles" you can use your vehicle inside. On top of that you will always get light/dark points so you can even "farm" them there, for e.g. "The Esseles" 250points each run.....

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 33 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: What's going right/wrong with launch...  
Jump to: