Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 12:28:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: What's going right/wrong with launch... 0 Members and 28 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What's going right/wrong with launch...  (Read 202754 times)
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #210 on: December 19, 2011, 01:48:56 AM

- I  Heart the companion implementation, both how they have integrated the crew skills, but also just in general.  Even though I am trying to be a very dark Sith, I find myself compromising certain actions when I know Vette's watching me.  Sometimes I send her out to search for treasure when I know a particularly nasty conversation is about to happen.  It is fun trying to strike the balance of being definitively evil, yet still remain in her favor. 

THey will still know, even if you send them away. Kaliyo had some minor disapproval for me after doing a flashpoint, even if she spent the entire time unsummoned.

Take your disapproval hits like a big bad sith you are, or slap her for questioning you if she dares why so serious?

That may be so, but then she isn't actually watching me.  It makes a difference.

(I already removed her shock collar.  No idea if the punishment command still works, I don't have the heart to try.  I own her no longer)

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #211 on: December 19, 2011, 02:07:46 AM

Sjofn there are some robes with the hood up, although I agree that a toggle would be nice.

Yeah, I had a series of the ones with the hood up, I wanted to put it DOWN. I don't mind looking like a space nun SOMETIMES, but a girl needs variety!

God Save the Horn Players
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #212 on: December 19, 2011, 02:57:14 AM

Balmorra has this "bonus" missions after you're done, so I thought what the hell, can't be much more than a couple. At some point I had like 15 active quests and my OCD was kicking into overdrive, so I decided to quit and see if I can skip them when I log back in :)

Once you're out of Coruscant/Dromund Kaas, your class quests will finish around 1/2-2/3s of the way through a planet. If you skip those you're going to end up missing a lot of content.
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #213 on: December 19, 2011, 03:13:51 AM

Balmora had a very difinitive end, that coincided with my class quest finishing. As I was leaving there was this basically random NPC at the starport, that I thought I had missed earlier that went OH NOES THE RESISTANCE IS BACK. Also the quest is called "bonus" Balmora. Is that the standart?

Anywho, if my next planet is already in the yellow, and the extra quests are green, isn't it better for me to move on?

As a matter of fact I swallowed one of these about two hours ago and the explanation is that it is, in fact, my hand.
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #214 on: December 19, 2011, 03:56:49 AM

The "bonus" designation is new to me, I never reached that far in any of the newer builds. My statement is really just a guideline; some planets have very little to do and others have a lot. Tatooine for the republic is also in a similar situation, just before you leave you get one last quest for no good reason  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?.

I don't think there's any drawback to not doing the quest, it just depends on whether or not you want to see what happens. My personal opinion is to ignore the quest level requirements and just enjoy the game. Getting to 50 won't take long.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #215 on: December 19, 2011, 04:13:14 AM

Getting to 50 won't take long.

It will the way I am playing.  I feel like I've played a ton, and I'm only 19.  But there has been a lot of content crammed into those 19 levels.  I already feel like I have played close to the equivalent of maybe...2/3rds the way through a KOTOR game.  This game is delivering in spades on that side of things.  I can't even imagine how some of you poopsockers are getting as far as you are!

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #216 on: December 19, 2011, 04:18:08 AM

Getting to 50 won't take long.

It will the way I am playing.  I feel like I've played a ton, and I'm only 19.  But there has been a lot of content crammed into those 19 levels.  I already feel like I have played close to the equivalent of maybe...2/3rds the way through a KOTOR game.  This game is delivering in spades on that side of things.  I can't even imagine how some of you poopsockers are getting as far as you are!

In my other PvP guild (buddy in RL has been in it since WoW), they already have members into their 40s.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #217 on: December 19, 2011, 04:42:45 AM

You always have players who will push and push and play hours on end just to get to the top.  I wouldn't be surprised to find they were skipping some cutscenes and not doing flashpoints, warzones, flying or crafting in their push.   

Although I'm 23 after having gotten in on Tuesday and I haven't totally catassed.  I spend a lot of time hanging out in stations waiting on crew missions, crafting or warzone queues.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #218 on: December 19, 2011, 04:48:24 AM

Speaking of warzone queues...do you get xp for PvP?  Is it a reasonable alternative?

voblat
Terracotta Army

Reply #219 on: December 19, 2011, 04:50:44 AM

Balmora had a very difinitive end, that coincided with my class quest finishing. As I was leaving there was this basically random NPC at the starport, that I thought I had missed earlier that went OH NOES THE RESISTANCE IS BACK. Also the quest is called "bonus" Balmora. Is that the standart?

Anywho, if my next planet is already in the yellow, and the extra quests are green, isn't it better for me to move on?

You have about two levels of XP if you run through the ballmora bonus quests , I had the same thing, huge list of quests to complete, but the first four or five are all in one area, and you pretty much finish them all at the same time, indeed, they are linked as you travel, i did them all, then moved on to the next planet, I've only done the first couple of quests so far, but my xp is still coming in as fast as i would expect.
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #220 on: December 19, 2011, 04:53:36 AM

As Draegan noted on his site, there's a guy on a EU server who reached 50 on Friday morning. He played Beta so knew where he was going and seen the story so he space-barred his way through the missions. He said he didn't do any PvP or other XP advancing tricks. He also said his first play session was 35 hours straight.

There's already a 50 on my server too, I noticed this morning.

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #221 on: December 19, 2011, 04:56:46 AM

Speaking of warzone queues...do you get xp for PvP?  Is it a reasonable alternative?

Yeah, it's on-par with running a space mission IIRC.  If you don't dominate then a 15min game of Huttball will probably cut in to your xp/ hour.  However if you're playing with that mindset you're also skipping cut scenes and missing the entire point. So I wouldn't call it a 'reasonable alternative' so much as 'a fun diversion that still gives xp.'

I do it just because it's ridiculously fun when nobody knows what they're doing.   Watching people go back and forth, not passing the ball and just trying to run with it or swarming an objective while the other 2 are taken behind them.  Fun now, but frustrating later.  So I'll queue a lot now while folks are trying to figure things out then stop as it gets srsbznz at the endgame.

Though I'm beginning to have /less/ fun as I get higher levels and people get more CC abilities. Sitting there stunned/ shocked/ stuck for the time it takes 2-3 people to beat me down while my team runs ineffectually around me gets frustrating.

ed: also, this game has too damn many knock-backs.. which you discover as you play huttball.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #222 on: December 19, 2011, 05:34:37 AM

Huttball is giving me war hammer flashbacks.  The good kind since in both games I was the one with the aoe knock back.

I am the .00000001428%
PalmTrees
Terracotta Army

Reply #223 on: December 19, 2011, 06:16:28 AM

Ugh, Balmorra took forever. That bonus stuff really sabotaged the previous questline completely. You've routed the rebellion, the planet is ours! btw the rebellion is about to overrun us! Still, I got a pair of modifiable pants that matched the top I got from a previous questline.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #224 on: December 19, 2011, 07:14:54 AM

I feel similarly about whoever designed/tested/approved Slicing, it's so completely broken in it's current state.  It will wreck the economy by itself if they don't figure it out.  It's a gathering skill that pays you very well to level it up.  "Oh, you spent 700 to send someone on a mission?  Lets pay you out 4,000 then to make up for it and throw in a few blue/purple items for you to sell on occasion too."
Yes, while Treasure Hunting is a losing deal despite also returning lock boxes.  I did get a ton of awesome gear from the tier 1 missions, like four orange pieces, but tier 2 seems to return jack squat.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #225 on: December 19, 2011, 07:16:52 AM

Sjofn there are some robes with the hood up, although I agree that a toggle would be nice.

Yeah, I had a series of the ones with the hood up, I wanted to put it DOWN. I don't mind looking like a space nun SOMETIMES, but a girl needs variety!

Admit it, you're like me and have all your orange outfits in your spacebank, just in case one goes with something in the future :P
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #226 on: December 19, 2011, 07:18:24 AM

I'm seriously considering dropping two skills to get slicing and treasure hunting before they get fixed, should I not do it for treasure hunting?

As a matter of fact I swallowed one of these about two hours ago and the explanation is that it is, in fact, my hand.
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #227 on: December 19, 2011, 07:26:46 AM

That's the advantage of the early access people - y'all gonna be rich with 1 million credits within 2 weeks, then they nerf everything and the rest of the playerbase will barely be able to scrape together 20k.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #228 on: December 19, 2011, 07:31:18 AM

I'm seriously considering dropping two skills to get slicing and treasure hunting before they get fixed, should I not do it for treasure hunting?
Treasure Hunting can return some nice items.  It just doesn't seem to consistently pay out nearly as well as Slicing, and Slicing can be used in the world at large.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #229 on: December 19, 2011, 07:35:27 AM

Meh, money gets.. odd in this game. The costs go crazy high for everything, and credit income scales the same. By the time I bought my speeder training, I had ~1,000 credits left. By the time I left that planet 1 level later, I had 70,000 credits again.

As for skills:

Slicing gets credits. Tons of them.

Treasure Hunting finds orange built items, and random other shit just by virtue of giving you lockboxes that may have anything in them.

Underworld Trading finds crafting recipes for Armortech and Synthweaving.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #230 on: December 19, 2011, 07:39:26 AM

When I trained for the speeder, I had 70 creds left in my account. It makes picking the rp options to demand more money (and please Mako) MUCH EASIER. Papa needs cash, we're running a business here, I gots bills to pay.

At level 26 or whatever the heck I am now, I haven't trained a skill (at 8k/pop) in three levels. I have maybe 10k in the bank. Hell, I had to bank an orange because I couldn't afford to remove the mods from my previous orange. I had to wait to put in my commendation mods because I couldn't afford to remove the mods.

Should get a bit better now that I'm over that hump, but it's a rough patch for sure.
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #231 on: December 19, 2011, 07:43:41 AM

is the launcher working right now? I wanted to get the game here at work, so I can do the slicing thing, but it says that the login servers aren't working.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #232 on: December 19, 2011, 07:48:09 AM

2. Gathering from crystal nodes in Coruscant is buggy -- some nodes are present and indicated as nodes on the radar, but not "harvestable". I can switch to a different instance of the area and sometimes the same node is there and is harvestable.

I figured this out over the weekend. Map marks the nodes, however it makes no distinction if its been harvested or not. So ones you can't grab are still respawning and were harvested recently.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #233 on: December 19, 2011, 07:54:27 AM

I figured this out over the weekend. Map marks the nodes, however it makes no distinction if its been harvested or not. So ones you can't grab are still respawning and were harvested recently.

It's more than just that. When someone harvests a node, it disappears from the terrain and that map immediately. The bugged ones stay on the map and in world, but don't do anything. Minor issue, but a little annoying when you run out of your way to find one really isn't there. Still, I had almost 70 archaeology by level 14, so there's plenty of nodes to find. Not that I have any clue what a higher skill in Archaeology gives me...

Otherwise, launch has been pretty awesome for me. No queues, no lag issues. Only other bug I noticed was an empty Guild screen.
Am a little annoyed that my 4600 series card can't handle Shadows at all.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #234 on: December 19, 2011, 07:56:34 AM

I don't recall any of the nodes I harvested going away ( Visually ), I could just not be paying attention though. Still, it needs some fixin'.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #235 on: December 19, 2011, 08:04:10 AM

I should probably drop Biochem and just pick up slicing and spam it.  Keep Diplo/Bio as-is.
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #236 on: December 19, 2011, 08:07:42 AM

Regarding credits, there are no cents, right?  So maybe they're planning that 1 credit = 1 copper, 100 credits = 1 silver, 10,000 credits = 1 gold.  If that's the case, the average 10,000 gold in WoW would be = 100 million credits in SWTOR.

They'll probably still nerf slicing or whatever the skills are that make people so much money.
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #237 on: December 19, 2011, 08:09:14 AM

If you're running out of money for your speeder, just stop training your skills for a few levels. The skill increases are very marginal.
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #238 on: December 19, 2011, 08:12:32 AM

Anyone know if there's a way to keep the cover bar from reappearing even though I shut the option off?  (cant find it in the system uderdata cache ini either) This tends to happen during relogs.  Matter of fact, quite a few UI options are borked if you logoff/restart.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #239 on: December 19, 2011, 08:14:10 AM

My options only bork if I crash/force quit. They seem to save on actually quitting out of the game properly. May not work for you though, that's just a beta observation.

I haven't tried turning off the cover bar because COVER IS FOR PANSIES I rarely use it.
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #240 on: December 19, 2011, 08:20:48 AM

Anyone know if there's a way to keep the cover bar from reappearing even though I shut the option off?  (cant find it in the system uderdata cache ini either) This tends to happen during relogs.  Matter of fact, quite a few UI options are borked if you logoff/restart.

My Win7 laptop won't save settings for quite a few of the x32 programs.  I keep having to re-accept eula for MS Office 2003 and PaintShopPro X2, and I can't disable Java's autochecking for updates through its control panel.  It's annoying.
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #241 on: December 19, 2011, 08:41:49 AM

I get the same thing happening with Corso's harpoon skill. Resets every time I transition to a new area.

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #242 on: December 19, 2011, 09:34:30 AM

The same thing happens with the Guard ability of BH tanks.  You went into an instanced or story area? Reset your guard.  Had a load screen? Reset guard.   Mako sneezed? Reset your guard..  why so serious?

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #243 on: December 19, 2011, 09:35:41 AM

The same thing happens with the Guard ability of BH tanks.  You went into an instanced or story area? Reset your guard.  Had a load screen? Reset guard.   Mako sneezed? Reset your guard..  why so serious?

A-frickin-men.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #244 on: December 19, 2011, 10:52:58 AM

They'll probably still nerf slicing or whatever the skills are that make people so much money.

It's slicing for sure, I easily hit over 100k at about level 20 without putting any effort into it other than sending my ships droid on missions while I'm playing.  The economy is shaping up to be...really bad so far which would make me very sad.  Hopefully it shapes up quickly once more people get higher levels and things get tweaked.  Playing the markets is half of my play time in MMOs usually.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 33 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: What's going right/wrong with launch...  
Jump to: