Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:04:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 5, Day 7 Predictions 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 5, Day 7 Predictions  (Read 2216 times)
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

on: December 04, 2011, 04:50:50 AM

Last day of the regular season, most divisions' playoff positions are already decided but there's still a chance for a couple of teams to sneak in under the wire.

Division 1:

Comstar v Celer - Already played 5-0. Good grief. That puts Celer out of the playoffs as even if Sjofn loses, he will lose the head-to-head tiebreak.
IainC v Paelos - I expect to take a consolation win here. Too late for a recovery but I'll take what I can get. 3-0 IainC. Actual result: 3-2 IainC
Proudft v Sjofn - Proudft has had a bad season with his team punching well below their weight. Sjofn is probably the favourite going in but I'd say this one will be even. 1-1 draw. Actual result: 2-0 Sjofn
Ingmar v Carnifex - Ingmar can retake the top of the division here with a win but will either coach want to risk damaging key players in what is essentially an exhibition match? 2-1 Carnifex. Actual result: 1-0 Ingmar.

Playoffs - Locked in with Ingmar, Carnifex, Comstar and Sjofn through.

Division 2:

AndyDavo v Falc - Hard to bet against Andy here. Falc is good but Andy is not likely to give him anything to cheer about. 3-1 Andy. Actual result: 5-0 AndyDavo
Luckton v Reborne - After this match at least one team will finally have some points. My money is on the Ogres. 1-0 Reborne. Actual result: 3-1 Luckton
Megrim v Haemish - Haemish need the win for even a slim chance of playoff glory. If Megrim's form continues he'll get it here. 3-1 Haemish. Actual result: 2-2 draw
Lamaros v Avaia - One point will guarantee Avaia a spot in the playoffs but vs Lamaros that's a tough job. 2-1 Lamaros. Actual result: 2-1 Lamaros

Playoffs - Andy, Falc and Lamaros are through.
Avaia is through if he doesn't lose vs Lamaros OR if he loses but Haemish doesn't beat Megrim.
Haemish is through if he beats Megrim and Avaia loses to Lamaros.

Division 3:

Kailas v Ramas - Veteran Norse vs rookie Goblins won't be pretty. 2-0 Ramas. - Match not played.
Teleku v Krummi - Krummi's team is still way understrength while the Hippies have barely stumbled on their way to the playoffs. 4-2 Teleku. Actual result: 2-0 Krummi.
Strazos v Ulysees - crucial game for the division if it gets played. A bye gives Ulysees a guaranteed spot and severely hinders Ramas's chances of seeing the playoffs. If it gets played then (African DSL willing) I expect the Norse to take the win. 2-1 Strazos. Actual result: 2-1 Ulysees
Ginaz v ICE - One point means that ICE is definitely through. A loss means he's still in only if Ramas doesn't beat Kailas. Should be an interesting game to watch but ICE is the favourite here. 3-1 ICE. Actual result: 2-0 ICE

Playoffs - Teleku and Strazos are through.
ICE is through if he gets at least one point from Ginaz OR if he loses but Ramas doesn't beat Kailas and ICE doesn't beat Ginaz.
Ulysees is though if he beats Strazos OR if he draws v Strazos and Ramas doesn't beat Kailas OR if he loses to Strazos and Ramas loses to Kailas
Ramas is through if he beats Kailas and either ICE loses to Ginaz or Ulysees doesn't beat Strazos.

Division 4:

Cancklebiter v Brocktoon - An exhibition match for the Undead here. Both teams are failoff bound but the Undead will end up close to the cutoff. 2-1 Cancklebiter. Actual result: 3-0 Cancklebiter
SirT v Ezrast - A massively understrength Elf team will only have 7 players fit to take the pitch but SirT still needs to watch out for potential bullshit. This could be an educational match for the Dwarfs but I think he'll win it. 1-0  SirT. Actual result: 2-0 Ezrast
Bann v Catfud - should be a good match but the Dandies' road to the playoffs has not been smooth in their last few matches. Alive Not Dead will be looking to trim them down to size. 1-0 Catfud. Actual result: 4-0 Catfud
Drogg v Ruvaldt - already played 2-1 Ruvaldt.

Playoffs - Locked in with Ruvaldt, Catfud, Drogg and Bann going through.

Today's predictions - 6/13

Predictions for day six were running at 10/14 (two games not played) for a cumulative total of 58/92.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 06:03:59 AM by IainC »

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 05:32:06 AM

Ingmar played already, and won.
carnifex27
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 06:11:05 AM

He beat me 1-0.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 07:43:35 AM

So he's wrong already. And about to be wrong again when I beat him!  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
AndyDavo
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 12:16:50 PM

I'm hoping to get hold of falc tonight too, so we can get that one played.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 5, Day 7 Predictions  
Jump to: