Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:00:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Neverland 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Neverland  (Read 1502 times)
Sand
Terracotta Army

on: December 02, 2011, 09:16:47 AM

New Syfy channel mini-series based on the Peter Pan story, but told as a prequel about Peter became Pan and Hook became Hook.
The commercial I saw last night looked good. Production values look good, in fact looking at the commercial I thought it was a new feature film coming out.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRYgHPmHE28

TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 11:59:24 AM

Yeah I'ma watch this with the girl this weekend. Boys still too young to give a shit about anything not animated.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 11:25:39 AM

Uhhh, this is a goddamned good miniseries... at least after the 1st epi.  Great well-known actors involved also like Anna Friel, Rhys Ifans, and Bob Hoskins.
If you intended to watch it with your kids, realize that it's not a kids show.  It's a very mature, modern take on the story.  Certain scenes are graphic (it's pg-13) and some of the tropes are fairly mature.  Yet, it still maintains a definite air of imagination.

Probably the best syfy produced miniseries ever, aside from BSG minis.  Great prod. quality, yet where they skimped they adequately hid the flaws with good stylization and shooting.

And I like how they didnt go overboard on the soundtrack either.  Silence is golden sometimes unless you've got a particularly resonating stanza to play.  If you dont have a Bear McCreary, no reason to shove shitmusic down our throats eh?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 12:27:03 PM by Ghambit »

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 12:12:55 PM

Bought the Tron Legacy soundtrack for that very reason. Good stuff.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
Sand
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: December 07, 2011, 03:35:28 PM

Uhhh, this is a goddamned good miniseries... at least after the 1st epi.  Great well-known actors involved also like Anna Friel, Rhys Ifans, and Bob Hoskins.
If you intended to watch it with your kids, realize that it's not a kids show.  It's a very mature, modern take on the story.  Certain scenes are graphic (it's pg-13) and some of the tropes are fairly mature.  Yet, it still maintains a definite air of imagination.

Probably the best syfy produced miniseries ever, aside from BSG minis.  Great prod. quality, yet where they skimped they adequately hid the flaws with good stylization and shooting.

And I like how they didnt go overboard on the soundtrack either.  Silence is golden sometimes unless you've got a particularly resonating stanza to play.  If you dont have a Bear McCreary, no reason to shove shitmusic down our throats eh?

My opinion after the first night was the exact opposite. Horrible acting. Giant plot holes.
Second night was worse than the first.

Best example- They are on a giant spider web. Peter is threatening to drop the female pirate chick from the web and into a canyon. Giant 20' long spider comes along and catches Peter in its web.
Next thing you know Peter is back on the pirate ship being watched over.
WTF? Do giant 20' long spiders speak English now? How did the pirates (4 of them or so) manage to get Peter away from the damn thing?

No wait better example. End of the movie. Someone steps on Tinker Bell and squashes her flat. She is dead. Deceased. She has fled her mortal coil.
Then back in the Indian village Peter appears in normal street clothing. Tells the Lost Boys he went back to London with out them (didnt ask any of them if they wanted to come?) and oh yeah Tinker Bell is now reincarnated again.

Bad bad bad mini-series. 1 out of 5 stars.
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: December 07, 2011, 09:33:12 PM

Ehhh, why dont ya' go suck on a dead dog's nose.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Neverland  
Jump to: