Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:11:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Item Modifying and You: End-Game Gear Change 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Item Modifying and You: End-Game Gear Change  (Read 57644 times)
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #210 on: December 10, 2011, 03:14:39 PM

I wish I had a scanner at home. Sometimes the cartoons write themselves.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #211 on: December 10, 2011, 03:48:27 PM

Yeah, after a gazillion years. Of course, I immediately used it to make my mage look like this. Because it makes me laugh. I have gotten a delightful number of "you ... dressed like that on purpose?" reactions.  Heart Heart
That's an awesome outfit.  Most of mine would be simple and stylish low-level pieces.

Why, thank you! I was particularly pleased when I found pink pants for it.  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS  MOST of my characters go the simple route (like my paladin boy rocking his tempered saronite. Look how small the shoulders are!), but something about my mage makes me dress him as loudly as possible. I think it's because there is so much goofy cloth in the game. I suspect my Manquisitor will give me the same compulsion, although the Sith outfits seem to come mostly in black or red, THE END. My pink twi'lek yearns for purple and blue!

God Save the Horn Players
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #212 on: December 10, 2011, 03:52:32 PM

You can't die (sp? as in "change the colour of") armor, or can you ? Or are there different coloured schemes for one and the same armor piece ?

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #213 on: December 10, 2011, 04:04:41 PM

Dye, and no, I don't think there's any dye in the game, alas. I suspect there are a couple versions of the same "set" color-wise, but like death knight armor must all be SKULLS SKULLS SKULLS, I suspect sith armor must be black, red, or if you're sassy, grey.

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #214 on: December 10, 2011, 04:11:57 PM

I thought my Inquisitor had something in a dark green from a quest reward, but I could be mistaken.  That was pre level 10 though, so maybe you have to earn your black and red.  awesome, for real

Over and out.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #215 on: December 10, 2011, 04:13:27 PM

My inquisitor hit level ... something in the teens. He was in black and red and grey throughout. And let me tell you, the red really did not suit his pink-ness if you asked me.  why so serious?

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #216 on: December 10, 2011, 04:41:43 PM

Sjofn just wants to wear a lime and hot pink jumpsuit.   awesome, for real
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #217 on: December 10, 2011, 05:04:17 PM

Dye, and no, I don't think there's any dye in the game, alas. I suspect there are a couple versions of the same "set" color-wise, but like death knight armor must all be SKULLS SKULLS SKULLS, I suspect sith armor must be black, red, or if you're sassy, grey.
It seems there's some purple, too:

calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #218 on: December 10, 2011, 05:38:30 PM

@Sjofn: Darth Squirrel...you know you want to  tongue

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #219 on: December 10, 2011, 05:39:52 PM

Sjofn just wants to wear a lime and hot pink jumpsuit.   awesome, for real

Maybe.  awesome, for real

The purple is good to see, I am content for my Manquisitor.  Heart

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #220 on: December 10, 2011, 05:57:24 PM

City of Heroes 2?  tongue

Over and out.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #221 on: December 10, 2011, 06:04:20 PM

City of Heroes 2?  tongue

No, I think Cyclops is a Marvel property.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #222 on: December 11, 2011, 03:40:30 AM

Hey, I had those shoulders on my shaman!
http://www.wowhead.com/item=37116 awesome, for real

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #223 on: December 22, 2011, 01:11:13 PM

It drives me crazy that there's no tooltip to compare mods equipped. I end up stripping down and putting my modding armour/weapons in my inventory so I can at least have both windows open at the same time.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #224 on: December 22, 2011, 01:13:37 PM

It drives me crazy that there's no tooltip to compare mods equipped. I end up stripping down and putting my modding armour/weapons in my inventory so I can at least have both windows open at the same time.

I don't know what you mean..when I compare stuff, the tooltips show the full stats and mod slot stats as well.  May not show the 'name' of the mod, but it gives me color (green/blue/purp) of the mod and the numbers.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #225 on: December 22, 2011, 01:18:50 PM

When you just have a mod, such as the ones purchased with commendations, it doesn't compare them with currently equipped ones.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #226 on: December 22, 2011, 01:20:26 PM

When you just have a mod, such as the ones purchased with commendations, it doesn't compare them with currently equipped ones.

So just memorize (or maybe write down?) the stats of the mod you have in question and hover your mouse over your equipped stuff.

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #227 on: December 22, 2011, 01:22:29 PM

So just memorize (or maybe write down?) the stats of the mod you have in question and hover your mouse over your equipped stuff.

Best way to do this is bring up the vendor screen and your characters screen.  Look at one mod and then hover over your gear and compare.  The problem here is that you can't use a tooltip because Mods can be used in every piece of gear.  You don't want the mod to be compared to 8 pieces of gear at once on your screen.

EDIT: OH!

There is an option in preferences to see Detailed Tooltips or something along those lines.  That might be your problem.  You might not be able to see the mods individually and this will help you tremendously.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 01:24:03 PM by Draegan »
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #228 on: December 22, 2011, 01:24:03 PM

Best way to do this is bring up the vendor screen and your characters screen.  Look at one mod and then hover over your gear and compare.  The problem here is that you can't use a tooltip because Mods can be used in every piece of gear.  You don't want the mod to be compared to 8 pieces of gear at once on your screen.

Exactly.  WoW doesn't even do this when it comes to gems and slotting.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #229 on: December 22, 2011, 01:24:42 PM

Also see my edit.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #230 on: December 22, 2011, 01:25:48 PM

Also see my edit.

Ah, yes...you're edit does have merit as well.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #231 on: December 22, 2011, 01:34:00 PM

Best way to do this is bring up the vendor screen and your characters screen.  Look at one mod and then hover over your gear and compare.  The problem here is that you can't use a tooltip because Mods can be used in every piece of gear.  You don't want the mod to be compared to 8 pieces of gear at once on your screen.

EDIT: OH!

There is an option in preferences to see Detailed Tooltips or something along those lines.  That might be your problem.  You might not be able to see the mods individually and this will help you tremendously.

You can't have a vendor window and your character window open at the same time. I also have detailed tooltips turned on :(

I'll just keep stripping down in front of vendors!

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #232 on: December 22, 2011, 01:35:04 PM

You can't have a vendor window and your character window open at the same time.

Incorrect.

- Open the vendor window.
- Close your inventory window.
- Open your character window.
- Profit.

Seriously, I will make a YouTube video of this when I get home if I need to, but mark my words....

why so serious?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 01:36:37 PM by luckton »

murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #233 on: December 22, 2011, 01:40:37 PM

You can't have a vendor window and your character window open at the same time.

Incorrect.

- Open the vendor window.
- Close your inventory window.
- Open your character window.
- Profit.

Well... DUUUUR.

ok that's good enough.

tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #234 on: December 22, 2011, 05:44:42 PM

Yeah, closing the window you don't want/need usually allows to manually open another window you want, and it'll go into the free space, generally.

The one thing that drives me bonkers is how the item preview window places itself neatly over the "next page" button in the AH interface, and cannot be moved anywhere. swamp poop
El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #235 on: December 22, 2011, 05:59:09 PM

The one thing that drives me bonkers is how the item preview window places itself neatly over the "next page" button in the AH interface, and cannot be moved anywhere. swamp poop

Everything about the UI makes me want to light everyone at EA on fire.

This post makes me want to squeeze into my badass red jeans.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #236 on: December 26, 2011, 06:52:26 AM

So, getting into my 20s, I'm noticing I only care about my class based primary stat, endurance, and armour/dps rating.

Is that all there is to gear in this game or do procs or other effects only come in later? I mean, I know they are aiming for even more bland than wow, but this seems a bit silly?

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #237 on: December 26, 2011, 06:54:10 AM

So, getting into my 20s, I'm noticing I only care about my class based primary stat, endurance, and armour/dps rating.

Is that all there is to gear in this game or do procs or other effects only come in later? I mean, I know they are aiming for even more bland than wow, but this seems a bit silly?

Like WoW, there are a few 'special' stats that you'll start to see more and more of later in life.  Stuff like Power, Crit, Alacrity, Surge, and a couple others.  Regardless, your primary stat is still supreme, and should be stacked like cheddar.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Item Modifying and You: End-Game Gear Change  
Jump to: