Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:15:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Who watches this shit? Let me know so I can kill you. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who watches this shit? Let me know so I can kill you.  (Read 10169 times)
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

on: February 14, 2005, 03:18:25 PM

Quote from: Hollywood Reporter
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - "7th Heaven's" run as the WB Network's longest-running show has been extended by at least another year. WB formally announced an early renewal of the Spelling Television drama for the 2005-06 season.
The Monday 8 p.m. drama, currently in its ninth season, stars Stephen Collins as a minister and patriarch of a large family.

It has ranked as the WB's highest-rated show since the 1998-99 season. In the network's target demo of female teens, "7th Heaven" ranks No. 3 among all primetime series behind only ABC's "Desperate Housewives" and the WB's "One Tree Hill."
Nazrat
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: February 14, 2005, 04:09:41 PM

Sounds like you need to go on teenage girl killing spree.  I would be very surprised if anyone here watches 7th Heaven.
SirBruce
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: February 14, 2005, 04:18:56 PM

I must confess I've watched an episode or two of 7th Heaven.  I think it was on before or after Smallville.  And, it's actually kinda funny.  Good, wholesome family fun.  Basically a modern-day Growing Pains or Eight is Enough.

Bruce
Flashman
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: February 14, 2005, 04:23:34 PM

Quote from: Hollywood Reporter

It has ranked as the WB's highest-rated show since the 1998-99 season.

Hmm...

There's probably more people reading this forum now than are watching the WB....
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #4 on: February 15, 2005, 07:51:15 AM

And most certainly more reading here than watching UPN.

Everything I've ever watched on the WB made me feel dirty. If it wasn't the blatant WB music artist whoring they did on the show, complete with music video and "buy this album on Warner Bros. records" ads at the end, it was the fact that most of the shows there sucked ass. Birds of Prey and Gilmour Girls made me want to slit my wrists.

SirBruce
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: February 15, 2005, 08:33:42 AM

Birds of Prey had its moments.  And, of course, WB had Buffy and Angel.

Bruce
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #6 on: February 15, 2005, 08:39:13 AM

The only moments Birds of Prey had were when cleavage was shown. That show was awfully written, trite and altogether bad. Oh yes, the flashbacks of Batman were decent.

schild
Administrator

Reply #7 on: February 15, 2005, 08:41:37 AM

You can knock Birds of Prey.

But you do not TOUCH my Gilmore Girls.

It's funny, witty, and has esoteric pop-culture humor. All being delivered by two ridiculously attractive ladies. Alexis Bledel is only going to get hotter. And if you've seen Bad Santa, you wouldn't be knocking the show anyway.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #8 on: February 15, 2005, 08:44:41 AM

7th Heaven is better than Gilmore girls, but not much. There are no redeemable characters on Gilmore Girls, they are all vapid, self-absorbed idiots. Rory is a stereotype of everything that is wrong with a young college woman. Older Rory is a poster child for everything that is wrong with the 30 something woman. The dialogue is unintentionally funny and I think it will give you cancer of the brain.

Still, if there was ever a character I would personally like to strangle, it's Lucy on 7th Heaven. If I get to kill her Mom in a coup de grace of retribution it would make my day.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
SuperPopTart
Terracotta Army

I am damn cute for a stubby shortling.

Reply #9 on: February 15, 2005, 08:46:11 AM

Actually, Seventh Heaven is not all that bad. I've watched a few episodes and enjoyed them all. It's very cute and it's a good show if you have children. Something decent for them to watch that still retains it's sense of humour and it tackles rl subjects. Now I don't have kids but I do NEED morals so thus I try to watch a good show every now and again.

And I love the Gilmore Girls. Even though they seriously wound Haemish whenever it's on television.

On a side note..

The Nanny was the best female television show in the world. *grins* And I'm hoping THAT comes back soon.

I am Super, I am a Pop Tart.
schild
Administrator

Reply #10 on: February 15, 2005, 08:46:55 AM

7th Heaven is better than Gilmore girls, but not much. There are no redeemable characters on Gilmore Girls, they are all vapid, self-absorbed idiots. Rory is a stereotype of everything that is wrong with a young college woman. Older Rory is a poster child for everything that is wrong with the 30 something woman. The dialogue is unintentionally funny and I think it will give you cancer of the brain.

What in the holy hell are you talking about? Unintentionally funny? It's written as a comedy.

7th Heaven is written as a teen drama.

I do believe you've lost your mind...and have never seen an episode of Gilmore Girls.
schild
Administrator

Reply #11 on: February 15, 2005, 08:47:36 AM

The Nanny was the best female television show in the world. *grins* And I'm hoping THAT comes back soon.

As a Jew, I can honestly say, it took a lot of effort to get that off the air. It needs to stay dead.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #12 on: February 15, 2005, 08:52:20 AM

Nanny should stay dead. Yes, I've seen Bad Santa and laughed my ass off. The chick from Gilmour Girls is quite attractive. But I just can't watch it. The dialogue reminds me of being stuck in a room with Tori Amos and all the other "too hip" flaky chicks from college who just try to be quirky by hanging troll dolls from their rearview mirrors and skip bathing, and you think they are easy but they are all like closet virgins or something.

Whew, gotta take a step back. That's like getting kicked in the groin. And that's what watching Gilmour Girls is like.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #13 on: February 15, 2005, 08:57:22 AM

Schild, you and I don't agree on much, but Gilmore Girls is shit. It's unintentionally funny because the comedic lines aren't where the humor can be found. It's the fact that the show continually promotes these characters as anything but walking boobs. Rory is a damn whore, straight up. Watching a model attempt to emote or act in any meanful manner is impossible to swallow. Lorelai sucks as a believable human being. She is so self-centered if she wasn't hot she would shunned from any community ever. The best characters by far are Emily and Richard, who are also the best actors on the show. I like Luke, he has his moments, but overall I'm screaming at him to stop being a doormat.

Seriously, what show are you watching? Did you not see the shows where Rory is fucking a married man, or the entire episode where Lorelai won't shut up about snow?

schild
Administrator

Reply #14 on: February 15, 2005, 08:58:37 AM

Seriously, what show are you watching? Did you not see the shows where Rory is fucking a married man, or the entire episode where Lorelai won't shut up about snow?

Wait wait wait. That was the first and most recent episode of the series. YOU WATCH IT EVERY WEEK! I'd call you a closet-somethingarather. But it's all just too obvious.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #15 on: February 15, 2005, 09:00:07 AM

Wait wait wait. That was the first and most recent episode of the series. YOU WATCH IT EVERY WEEK! I'd call you a closet-somethingarather. But it's all just too obvious.

I read TWoP, I haven't watched an episode in about a year.

schild
Administrator

Reply #16 on: February 15, 2005, 09:01:15 AM

If you haven't seen an episode in about a year. And get your opinions from TV without Pity. Why the fuck are you talking about the show?
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #17 on: February 15, 2005, 09:02:32 AM

If you haven't seen an episode in about a year. And get your opinions from TV without Pity. Why the fuck are you talking about the show?

It's Tuesday, and I'm bored and opinionated? Seriously, like we need a reason to start trashing each other's shit? It's all in good fun.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #18 on: February 15, 2005, 10:47:58 AM

As a Jew, I can honestly say, it took a lot of effort to get that off the air. It needs to stay dead.

You are not always Jewish.  Sometimes you are Italian and I have known you to be Japanese.   There are scary days that you zip by so fast you are just a blur. 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Reply #19 on: February 15, 2005, 11:01:47 AM

On the WB I watch Charmed and did watch Buffy and Angel.

On UPN I watched Nowhere Man and Jake 2.0.

I did watch Enterprise once or twice, but I got better.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #20 on: February 15, 2005, 11:07:51 AM

What is up with Star Trek, anyway?  I'm not a huge fan but I used to enjoy it now and then, and Righ always liked it.  Now I can't stand it.  It's a shame, really... I quite like that bloke who used to leap.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #21 on: February 15, 2005, 11:12:36 AM

What happened to Star Trek? Voyager. Oh and Babylon 5. After B5, Star Trek just looked all PC and wussy-fied.

SuperPopTart
Terracotta Army

I am damn cute for a stubby shortling.

Reply #22 on: February 15, 2005, 11:13:33 AM

Excuse me, Haemish.

You are LYING. You've watched the Nanny when I've forced you to but you have openly laughed at Niles the Butler and some of Fran Drescher's lines as well.

Fibbing kilt wearer.

I am Super, I am a Pop Tart.
WayAbvPar

Reply #23 on: February 15, 2005, 11:15:34 AM

Excuse me, Haemish.

You are LYING. You've watched the Nanny when I've forced you to but you have openly laughed at Niles the Butler and some of Fran Drescher's lines as well.

Fibbing kilt wearer.

The 'open laughing' was probably to hide the tears of pain caused by Fran Drescher's voice searing his cerebral cortex. If there was ever a woman made to be a nude mute, it is Fran Drescher for sure.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Reply #24 on: February 15, 2005, 11:16:05 AM

I thought Niles was Frasier's brother.

I'm so confused.
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #25 on: February 15, 2005, 12:50:31 PM

Refined people have names that end in -iles.

But it has to be -iles.  -ile doesn't work, or you get this guy:

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
SirBruce
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: February 15, 2005, 02:29:38 PM

What about -eils?

Bruce
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Who watches this shit? Let me know so I can kill you.  
Jump to: