Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:10:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: What went wrong. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What went wrong.  (Read 5264 times)
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

on: November 26, 2011, 06:16:14 PM

So it's -25 days after release and the game is starting to show signs of wear already....

awesome, for real

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 06:23:39 PM

Gimme a good reason not to lock this.

-Rasix
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 06:27:15 PM

If we're talking about graphics and the game's engine, I'm willing to debate the issue, but once you understand that they went the same route as Mythic did with developing DAoC (boxed/canned software that's been heavily modified and rewritten over the course of 5+ years), it's not really surprising nor worth talking about.  One can only hope that once the game is released and they can focus on other things, upgrading the graphics engine to DX11 rendering capabilities would be somewhere in the top 5, if not top 10.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: November 26, 2011, 07:22:42 PM

If we're talking about graphics and the game's engine, I'm willing to debate the issue, but once you understand that they went the same route as Mythic did with developing DAoC (boxed/canned software that's been heavily modified and rewritten over the course of 5+ years), it's not really surprising nor worth talking about.  One can only hope that once the game is released and they can focus on other things, upgrading the graphics engine to DX11 rendering capabilities would be somewhere in the top 5, if not top 10.

As much as my XFX 6970 would love this, I'm growing to like accept the style of the game for what it is. I wish the character clothing textures were as detailed and interesting to look at as the moons over Ord Mantell, but I'm doing my best to just "let it go".

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
"A world without Vin Diesel is sad." -- me
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: November 26, 2011, 07:23:01 PM

I can't think of any good reason to not lock this.

Over and out.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #5 on: November 26, 2011, 07:40:27 PM

If it was a good troll, I'd say leave it for the giggles.

However, here's what went wrong with the trolling attempt:

1 - Too short - put some effort into it, string it out and let people pick apart why you're being a dick.
2 - Not enough info - obviously, we shouldn't have to guess at what you're trolling about.
3 - Bad timing - you can't troll a game that's not released. I mean you can, but it makes more sense when you do it on day of release or something.
4 - Bad history - when you're already branded a trolling fool, you gotta bring your A game when you start threads.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: November 26, 2011, 07:49:30 PM

I got nothin
TripleDES
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: November 26, 2011, 07:53:24 PM

As much as my XFX 6970 would love this, I'm growing to like accept the style of the game for what it is. I wish the character clothing textures were as detailed and interesting to look at as the moons over Ord Mantell, but I'm doing my best to just "let it go".
Yea, it doesn't even get my graphics card sweating. I mean, it's a Nvidia 560 Ti, but I'm running in non-exclusive fullscreen mode, which is essentially windowed mode without window frame. And doing other things, like browsing in Chrome and watching movies (--edit: Two monitors, FYI). The fan doesn't even spin faster than idle.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 08:03:09 PM by TripleDES »

EVE (inactive): Deakin Frost -- APB (fukken dead): Kayleigh (on Patriot).
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: November 26, 2011, 07:53:57 PM

Damn paelos, save some vitriol for raging against the developers of wow!

If you were paying attention to the main thread I really just posted this as a joke because I said I was going to, sort of a parody within a parody.  Truth be told you can lock away though if we're going to bitch about the game, might as well do it here rather than shit up the other threads with it right? There's already a ton of it going on without me instigating it.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: November 26, 2011, 08:03:39 PM

I decree the thread title to be changed to "What's going wrong." I will then take the contents of the thread and sing a Marvin Gaye parody.

I'm very mysterious when I'm inside you.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #10 on: November 26, 2011, 08:42:12 PM

Yea, it doesn't even get my graphics card sweating. I mean, it's a Nvidia 560 Ti, but I'm running in non-exclusive fullscreen mode, which is essentially windowed mode without window frame. And doing other things, like browsing in Chrome and watching movies (--edit: Two monitors, FYI). The fan doesn't even spin faster than idle.

Thanks, I'd wondered about all the people whining "I can play WoW on ULTRA but this game is killing my framerate!"  None have answered when asked what card/ processor they're using and if their drivers are up to date.   I mean, really, I'm running a shitty old Nvidia 9500GT on a Core2 6600 and even I can get 20-25fps in uncrowded areas on medium (but no shadows)

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: November 26, 2011, 08:45:18 PM

This thread is a crime against page 500. So many wasted posts...

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #12 on: November 26, 2011, 08:46:00 PM

If you were paying attention to the main thread I really just posted this as a joke because I said I was going to, sort of a parody within a parody.

If you're going to crack jokes, make sure they are funny first.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
schild
Administrator

Reply #13 on: November 27, 2011, 10:55:43 AM

Thread is going to exist on day 1 anyway.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #14 on: November 28, 2011, 12:49:51 PM

I think pre-emptive strikes are the best strikes.  Maybe Rasix is a fanboy. Ohhhhh, I see.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: What went wrong.  
Jump to: