Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:51:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 5, Day 6 Predictions. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 5, Day 6 Predictions.  (Read 2366 times)
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

on: November 22, 2011, 10:24:42 AM

As predicted here is the predictions thread for day 6! My predictive ability was significantly in excess of my not losing at Bloodbowl talents in day 5. I managed to pick 13/16 results correctly despite crashing to an entirely unforeseen 3-0 defeat. So far on the predictions front I'm running at 48/78.

Division 1:
Ingmar v Celer - Celer has his two toughest games ahead of him and needs to win at least one of them to keep his place in the playoffs. I expect Ingmar to break him here. 2-1 Ingmar. Actual result: 1-0 Celer
Carnifex v Proudft - Proudft is all but out. Only tiebreak shenanigans can save him even if he wins both of his remaining games. I don't see him winning this one though. 3-1 Carnifex. Actual result: 3-1 Carnifex
Sjofn v IainC - Both of us must win this game to even have a chance of going through to the playoffs. My situation is a little better as I have an easier game than Sjofn does on the last day but I'm starting behind. At least this game can't possibly be as bad as the one v Carnifex. 3-1 IainC. Actual result: 2-1 Sjofn
Paelos v Comstar - Comstar will guarantee his place in the playoffs here with an easy win over the Chaos team. 3-1 Comstar. Actual result: 1-1 draw

Division 2:
AndyDavo v Reborne - Andy is unlikely to stumble here. Reborne plays a very loose game which might turn up some surprises and Falconeer will thank the Ogres if they permanently break any Elves. 4-0 AndyDavo. Actual result: 5-0 AndyDavo
Haemish v Falconeer - Should be a great game despite the TV imbalance. Falc has the better record and the better team though and Haemish isn't consistent enough to be a good tip for this game. 3-2 Falconeer. Actual result: 1-0 Falconeer.
Avaia v Luckton - The other team in the league with no points at all vs a surprisingly good Nurgle team. The Disturbing Presence is unlikely to make a difference but the bashiness certainly will. 2-0 Avaia. Actual result: 2-0 Avaia.
Lamaros v Megrim - Megrim needs this win to stay in contention but I don't think he'll get it. 3-1 Lamaros. Actual result: 2-1 Lamaros

Division 3:
Krummi v Kailas - Krummi needs to win if he wants a playoff spot and then has to hurdle Teleku on day 7 as well. That's going to be a tall order but I think he'll manage to get part way there tonight. 2-1 Krummi.
Ulysees v Ramas - Another game to watch. Both teams desperately need the points and they'll both be pulling out every trick they have. I'm going with a heartbreaker TD on the last turn. 3-2 Ulysees. Actual result: 2-1 Ulysees
ICE v Teleku - Maximum Elf Bullshit as the two Wood Elf teams clash. Should be a huge scoreline by the end but I'm going to call it even. 3-3 draw. Actual result: 2-2 draw.
Ginaz v Strazos - Won't be played. The points won't materially improve Ginaz's position anyhow.

Division 4:
Ezrast v Cancklebiter - The elves are in bad shape and Ben has been on a bit of a roll lately. It's not possible for either coach to make the playoffs anymore but the Undead will take a win here. 2-1 Cancklebiter. Actual result: 2-1 Cancklebiter.
Catfud v Brocktoon - Catfud will be looking to challenge Ruvadlt for the division lead and Brocktoon will help him along with that. 2-0 Catfud. Actual result: 3-0 Catfud
Ruvaldt v SirT - SirT has surprised a lot of people this season with some solid performances. Ruvaldt will cement his position at the top though. 2-0 Ruvaldt. Actual result: 2-0 Ruvaldt
Drogg v Bann - Both teams have playoff spots already booked. The Humans are the better team though and that should take them through this match. 3-2 Bann. Actual result: 2-0 Drogg

Holy shit, my predictions are off this week. 10/15 so far.

Playoffs:

Division 1:
Mathematically there's a chance that Carnifex, Comstar and Ingmar will fail to qualify but it's a trivial possibility. Any points at all will guarantee their places.
The battle for fourth is still on.
I am through if I beat Sjofn and Paelos AND if Celer loses at least one of his remaining games.
Celer is through if he beats Ingmar and Comstar. If he wins one and loses the other then he'd be in a potential tiebreak with Sjofn and if he wins one and draws one then he's in a potential tiebreak with me.
Sjofn is through if she beats me and Proudft by enough to break a tie with Celer. If she beats me and loses to Proudft then she's in a potential tiebreak with Proudft and/or Celer.
Proudft is mathematically in with a chance. He needs to beat Carnifex and Sjofn AND he needs mine and Sjofn's match to be a draw AND for Celer to lose or draw both of his games.

Division 2:
Andy and Lamaros are guaranteed places. Falconeer will only fail if he loses vs both Haemish and AndyDavo AND Haemish also beats Megrim OR if he loses both of his games and Avaia beats both Luckton and Lamaros.
Haemish Avaia and Megrim are all effectively fighting for the same place. Avaia has the easier game this round but faces Lamaros on day 7, Haemish and Megrim have hard games this round and meet on the last day. If either Haemish or Avaia get two wins then they are through. If Megrim doesn't get at least one win then he's out. With only one win he'll need the other two to lose their day 6 games and for the Haemish/Avaia game to be a draw.

Division 3:
Teleku and Strazos are both through. ICE needs a win or two draws to confirm his place.
Ramas is through if he doesn't lose to Ulysees or, if he loses that match then he needs to win vs Kailas.
Ulysees needs to beat Ramas and hope that he stumbles vs Kailas.
Krummi needs to win twice and he needs the Ramas/Ulysees match to be a draw or for Ramas to win but then  lose to Kailas by enough to lose the tiebreak.

Division 4:
Already locked in. Ruvaldt, Catfud, Bann and Drogg are going to be in the playoffs, likely in that order.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 01:00:26 AM by IainC »

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 10:51:08 AM

Ulysees v Ramas - Another game to watch. Both teams depserately need the points and they'll both be pulling out every trick they have.

This is not, in fact, a prediction.  Mob

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 11:46:09 AM

Division 3:
Ginaz v Strazos - Won't be played. The points won't materially improve Ginaz's position anyhow.

What do you mean "won't be played"?
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 12:03:35 PM

Strazos has relocated to the horsehead nebula and is expecting connectivity challenges.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 12:20:10 PM

Ulysees v Ramas - Another game to watch. Both teams desperately need the points and they'll both be pulling out every trick they have.

This is not, in fact, a prediction.  Mob

It is a prediction in as much as it was discussing things that have not yet happened. It just wasn't predicting an actual score. I've fixed that now.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #5 on: November 26, 2011, 08:49:26 PM

I was procastinating and since the regular season is drawing to an end I've noticed the league is probably even more competitive this season than ever.

Admittedly Andy's team is still the one to beat but last Season, I was easily highest TV but now, I'm only 3rd with Andy and Ingmar's heavyweights (Both Ingmar and Andy have 2 +1 Strength linesman..) shoving their fatarses around.

Celer's relatively new High elf team is at 1900 TV and Reborne's hilarious Ogres are at 1870 TV even after 6 losses.

Lamaros is only on 1560 TV with his rats but has a Legendary Blodging, Shadowing, Pass-block, Tackle fiend. Not to mention TWO Wrestle dauntless runners one with +1MV

Finally Ruvaldt's ex presidents are hitting their straps now with Blodging, guard Chaos Warriors, and Claw, Mighty blow Goats and the executioner Millard Fillimore.

So playoffs this year is only more unpredictable!

Bring on the BLOOD!  DRILLING AND MANLINESS  DRILLING AND MANLINESS  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 5, Day 6 Predictions.  
Jump to: