Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:16:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Frozen Planet 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Frozen Planet  (Read 1201 times)
K9
Terracotta Army

on: November 15, 2011, 08:05:48 AM

This series is just phenomenal. I'm appreciating it on two levels, firstly the cinematography and insight into the natural world, secondly the stark portrayal of Antarctica and the history of exploration there. I am staggered by what the early explorers managed to overcome down there.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 10:25:01 AM

What amazed me was seeing penguins in the water. I've seen film of penguins waddling on ice looking clumsy and silly more times than I can remember. It turns out I'd never seen them actually swimming, and had no idea how spectacular they are. They shoot through the water like bullets and suddenly turn corners. They also leap out of the water and back in like dolphins. They even go surfing. Penguins are cool.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 08:43:43 AM

Is this the show that was in the news today ?

Yes, it is.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: November 17, 2011, 10:42:18 AM

Penguines sacrificed any kind of gracefulness on land to be missiles underwater they are really amazing when they are in their element.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Frozen Planet  
Jump to: