Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:34:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Patch 129: Fizz (and big season two changes) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Patch 129: Fizz (and big season two changes)  (Read 9709 times)
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

on: November 10, 2011, 07:41:00 PM

« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 05:14:08 AM by tastyhat »
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 07:15:19 AM

Ok, the Giant Shark attack does sound fucking awesome.

ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: November 12, 2011, 11:49:17 AM

Patch preview: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/patch-preview-fizz
Katarina made more fiddly, hopefully in a good way. Caitlyn/Kog'Maw/Graves nerfed, Trist/MF/Corki buffed. Sion's AP ratios nerfed, Sona's W nerfed.

I like the AD changes since I play Trist and Vayne and hate laning against Cait. Not sure about the Sona nerf, but I can see it.
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: November 12, 2011, 12:02:30 PM

Looking at those new masteries trees, the XP gain talent has been pushed deeper into the utility tree...which is going to be sad for a lot of junglers.
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: November 12, 2011, 12:06:58 PM

There are junglers that don't go full support?
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: November 12, 2011, 12:11:14 PM

Umm..yes?

16/0/14
14/0/16
0/20/10
20/0/10

(give or take a point) are all pretty solid builds for specific junglers.

I mean, MS and CD and summoner CD is nice: but bonus AD and minion damage can greatly speed up fast AD junglers.
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: November 12, 2011, 02:42:27 PM

Crisis averted!

statikk explains:

Awareness - we intend for this mastery to no longer be a necessity especially for junglers, thus in the next patch we increased the experience gained from various jungle monsters in order to maintain current jungling paths

Well then, who care about the support tree? Not junglers!
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: November 12, 2011, 03:08:10 PM

Link to the masteries page

Wealth is interesting, I wonder what difference an extra 40 gold would make though, it seems underpowered over the length of the game. Greed will give you 240 gold over the first 20 minutes of the game alone...

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: November 12, 2011, 03:16:41 PM

Well, it's an extra pot at worst.

There might be some path specific effects at work here though: like my standard WW path (long sword + pot, double golems to blue), ends up a few dozen gold shy of razors: I'm pretty sure the extra greed + starting gold would put it over that, so that 2nd clear was always on madred's, no stealing required. Is that worth losing more offense masteries: maybe not.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #9 on: November 12, 2011, 03:51:51 PM

I love the new masteries. Grouping summoner spell buffs on one tier 1 box is fantastic, and should make for much easier choices. I've never been too keen on the masteries that give you extra gold or XP - they seem much too early game focused. Is this patch Tuesday?

Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: November 12, 2011, 04:06:03 PM

I don't understand moving the improved smite to the defensive tree.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: November 12, 2011, 11:19:12 PM

Yeah, those look a lot better -- especially some of the higher-end abilities, and the offense tree in general. (Certainly a much more attractive tree for AD champions now.)
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: November 14, 2011, 09:21:31 PM

Patch notes out: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/fizz-patch-notes

No Warmog's (or Priscilla's) on Dominion : Heimer Tank, noooooo.

And you know how the patch preview said the AD carry changes would be conservative:
for Cait, sure: 5 less move speed.
for Graves: well, he loses 25 attack range, 50 mana, and 5% on buckshot. Yikes.

Also, look at all those Akali nerfs.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 09:26:35 PM by tastyhat »
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #13 on: November 14, 2011, 09:45:23 PM

Minor wriggles nerf, heh.  Not sure that'll stop me from getting it EVERY SINGLE TIME on GP.

-Rasix
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: November 15, 2011, 05:13:28 AM

Patch day! Fizz Champ Spotlight: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/champion-spotlight-fizz-tidal-trickster

Looks fun but high skill cap. Hope your ping is super low.
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: November 15, 2011, 08:59:04 AM

I look down from heaven, open my league of legends client, read the patch notes and say "meh". Dominion still sucks.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #16 on: November 15, 2011, 08:59:26 AM

Patch day! Fizz Champ Spotlight: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/champion-spotlight-fizz-tidal-trickster

Looks fun but high skill cap. Hope your ping is super low.

He's like an AP Irelia but with that odd, yet really good, E and ulti (which no streamers seem to be able to land).

The masteries.. are making me think a lot.  Not sure if I want to go tankier with my bruisers or more heavily into offense.  Both trees are pretty awesome.

-Rasix
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: November 15, 2011, 09:13:07 AM

As a heavy jungler, I'm intrigued and pleased. Think I'm going to try out a lot more whacky junglers.
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: November 15, 2011, 09:14:12 AM

Improved TF jungling  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: November 15, 2011, 09:25:06 AM

Yeah, I think a lot more junglers are going to be immediately viable. You might be a little weaker than a lane version, but there are 30 point builds that'll make your intial few clears so much easier.
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: November 15, 2011, 10:50:43 AM

TF could always jungle.
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: November 15, 2011, 11:07:42 AM

To reiterate, more clearly: junglers which had either slow initial clears, or had to sacrifice build or summoner choice to make it through (TF being one of those) will have much easier times.

And everybody is coming out of their normal routes a lot more healthy and sustained. This is far as I'm concerned, all good.
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: November 15, 2011, 11:17:34 AM

I think this is less about allowing more champs to jungle and more about allowing the ones that already good at jungling to gank more often, hopefully countering whatever effects the flash nerf will have on the meta. I'd be surprised if this change made obscure jungling champs as effective as the standard ones (considering the power of wriggles and the leashing).
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: November 15, 2011, 11:30:08 AM

One of the stated goals with the jungle rework was to allow more junglers. The new defensive tree clearly gives a buff to tank junglers.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: November 15, 2011, 05:46:57 PM

Holy crap, didn't know the new masteries were going in already.  I have no idea what do pick.  swamp poop

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: November 15, 2011, 05:52:15 PM

Fizz seems really powerful...  Maybe I just don't know how to play against him yet, but the worst part about the dodge he doesn't isn't that he dodges, it is that my muscle memory expects my abilities to actually fire off, so my combos get all fucked up.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: November 15, 2011, 06:23:53 PM

I had a ton of IP so I got Fizz. Not really sure what to do with him. He has no sustain so I don't think he can top lane. To get last hits he has to melee...maybe go mid and use E to dodge spells? Also not really sure what to build on him, maybe litchbane, maybe gunblade?

I've been playing him similar to Vlad, using E like Vlad's pool. (Saving it for escapes or to chase down stragglers)

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: November 15, 2011, 06:46:33 PM

Yeah, wow, having a blast with him so far.  His Q seems kind of pointless (a gap closer so you don't have to waste the CD on your E, I guess), but his E is more fun than it has any right to be.  From my noob POV, his W seems to wreck if he gets even a little bit fed, and I'm thinking if he gets nerfed, that's what they'll hit.  His ult seems neat, but less because of the effect (wow, an ult that's a big damage AoE/CC move, amazing) and more because, you know, it's a giant shark eating people.  His cooldowns seem really short, too, on everything except his E.

Again, noob here, but for items, I generally build him like a tanky AP character, like Kennen or Vlad.  So, generally, starting with something like Rod of Ages or Rylais, then load him up with AP items.  Lichbane works well with his W, or Abyssal Scepter, Deathcap is good if you have time.  I haven't tried it yet, but I wonder if he'd work well as a hybrid with something like Guinsoo's Rageblade or a few Gunblade.  He generally doesn't run short of mana as far as I can see, though maybe that's just the RoA + Lichbane talking.

For laning, I dunno, he seems pretty typical for a melee carry.  His E is pretty good for farming once you get a few ranks in it, if you can cast it without landing in danger.  He's got a slightly better harrass than most melee characters, but otherwise, I dunno.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: November 15, 2011, 09:39:01 PM

Q applies on hit effects, which means you can activate W, hit them with Q, and if you have something like Rylais and Litch Bane also get both of those effects to pop.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: November 16, 2011, 11:00:16 AM

Ryze shuts him down pretty hard, I played a round as him just to test it out.  If he is afraid of being stunned, he becomes way less effective.  Harder with a skill shot stun like Morgana because he can react by using his dodge thing.
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: November 16, 2011, 11:11:39 AM

Mastery system don't like. Feels like I'm getting more for less. A lot of ninja nerfs in the new one i'mn finding out the more I play around. Would be brave of riot if they have any copy of the old mastery set for public display so people can really bitch.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: November 16, 2011, 11:20:04 AM

Mastery system don't like. Feels like I'm getting more for less. A lot of ninja nerfs in the new one i'mn finding out the more I play around. Would be brave of riot if they have any copy of the old mastery set for public display so people can really bitch.

I don't have a good feel for it yet myself.   I definitely like Surge though, as a new summor ability. Vayne's ultimate + surge is........ amazing. DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: November 16, 2011, 01:03:11 PM

The new utility tree is really messed up, the first few levels masteries just aren't very good.  By the time you get deep enough for the good ones you won't have enough points left to take all the ones you want.

Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: November 16, 2011, 04:33:32 PM

A few things seem to be in the wrong tree and offense seems pretty strong compared to the others. And yes, some really helpful things are missing, for example the thing that gives you back health as a percentage of mana and the thing that makes you move faster after dodging. Both of which I used on my Singed and Nasus.

Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: November 16, 2011, 04:34:30 PM

and the thing that makes you move faster after dodging.

Oh gawd, I didn't even notice that until now.  Heartbreak  That was so good on tanks.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Patch 129: Fizz (and big season two changes)  
Jump to: