Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:35:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Steam Hacked 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Steam Hacked  (Read 1942 times)
luckton
Terracotta Army

on: November 10, 2011, 05:00:24 PM

Just in case some people don't browse around the other sub-forums.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/121/1212201p1.html

Gabe Newell announced today that Steam's database and forums have been hacked. According to Newell, Steam's forums were defaced earlier this week, and further investigation led to evidence that the hackers had obtained access to the Steam database.

"This database contained information including user names, hashed and salted passwords, game purchases, email addresses, billing addresses and encrypted credit card information," Newell wrote. "We do not have evidence that encrypted credit card numbers or personally identifying information were taken by the intruders, or that the protection on credit card numbers or passwords was cracked. We are still investigating."

Since almost all of us use Steam in order to play the game, I would highly recommend everyone to change their Steam login password ASAP.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 01:29:28 PM

*smug*

Hic sunt dracones.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 01:31:08 PM

Risk of the times - enjoy living in fear under a rock.  Ohhhhh, I see.

As I don't have real access to my account at the moment, best I could do was remove my credit card from the account.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Steam Hacked  
Jump to: