Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 05:41:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Horns & Hooves *Season 2* Day One 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Horns & Hooves *Season 2* Day One  (Read 12374 times)
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: November 18, 2011, 05:51:30 AM

And yes, piling on is a great skill, with or without jump up; you guys make it sound like having one player on the ground for a turn is some sort of major tactical obstacle, instead of something that happens all the time. And it's even under your control.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #71 on: November 18, 2011, 08:02:19 AM

It is a major tactical obstacle. If it wasn't we wouldn't spend all sorts of effort on making sure players don't hit the ground. Losing tackle zones, losing range, and giving up the option to block the next round is a high cost.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #72 on: November 18, 2011, 04:11:00 PM

I will do everything in my power to play with Teleku tomorrow. I'll be on Steam for most of the day, as long as I am available to play. In fact Teleku, if you have a favourite time just let me know.

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #73 on: November 18, 2011, 06:05:18 PM

Any time should be fine, I don't think I have to do anything all day long (my flight for boston leaves at 10:45 PM.  Hurray Red Eyes!).

I'll try not to sleep in to long tomorrow morning, heh.  However, the internet tells me its 3:30 AM your time.  If your actually up within another 6 hours, we can play before I start heading towards bed.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #74 on: November 19, 2011, 02:27:26 AM

Falc and I just played.  4-0 Me.  That might look impressive but Falc got totally dice fucked, and I got lots of great rolls.  I'd elabroate more, but I'm dead tired as its 2:30 AM.  So, we're done.  Do we need to upload replays?   I'm not seeing that required anywhere, but just want to make sure...

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #75 on: November 19, 2011, 09:12:52 AM

Uploading replays aren't required, just encouraged.

Game is validated.  I've advanced the day and will make a new post fo Day 2 soon.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #76 on: November 20, 2011, 03:09:13 AM

Yeah, I certainly didn't play a good game. Four to zero is four to zero. But Teleku got 2 "Blitz" event in the same game, dammit, not ever giving me a fair chance to equalise a game where he had the first possession. Also, at the beginning of a drive where I had number superiority (didn't last long, as I ended with 1 CAS inflicted against 4 endured) I got double "both down" (it would have been a turnover) rerolled in "double skulls" as the very first action of my turn. One of those games where my cat would have probably got a better result just by pressing random keys pouncing the keyboard.

So, whine!

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Horns & Hooves *Season 2* Day One  
Jump to: