Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:24:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Ranked Teams 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ranked Teams  (Read 3961 times)
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

on: November 07, 2011, 06:05:06 PM

... they are coming.

I think this is awesome. IF you can be in multiple teams. Might even get me to play less solo and more with you guys.

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 06:23:37 PM

I would like to get on a more regular team with you guys, summoner name is riansha(was going for something rp, lol?)

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 06:24:21 PM

Ranked teams truly are a measure of you and your friends’ ability to work together in a competitive environment; and you may belong to multiple teams, each with its own Elo rating.

Emphasis mine.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 06:29:50 PM

From what I can tell F13 people have a pretty wide range of skill. Not sure how a team would work. Maybe two teams? Or just one team and hope the worse players get better?

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: November 07, 2011, 06:45:35 PM

Ranked teams truly are a measure of you and your friends’ ability to work together in a competitive environment; and you may belong to multiple teams, each with its own Elo rating.

Emphasis mine.
Might cost IP/RP. Just saying.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: November 07, 2011, 07:01:38 PM

If their goal is to have nobody adopt their new system -- which, critically, requires maximum adoption to even work at all (few participating teams = impossible to find a game) -- then yes, it might. I don't think even Riot is that stupid.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #6 on: November 08, 2011, 08:57:35 AM

So essentially it's like guilds for LoL? Except you can be in multiple teams?

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #7 on: November 08, 2011, 01:03:09 PM

I'd be more than happy to play some arranged 5-asides with other f13'ers. Beats solo queue, that's for sure.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: November 08, 2011, 02:10:30 PM

So essentially it's like guilds for LoL? Except you can be in multiple teams?

It sounds more like teams in Starcraft, where you can be in as many as you like in different brackets and each one is ranked separately.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #9 on: November 08, 2011, 02:28:50 PM

So each team is a 5-man - I got the impression the team could be more than 5 and just whichever 5 were together and queued up would get picked.

K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: November 09, 2011, 09:13:21 AM

That too, but I think you can be in multiple teams. It sounds like a pretty decent system all told, although it does open up opportunities for Smurfing, but I guess that's a bit unvoidable.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: November 09, 2011, 09:20:41 AM

Yeah, I've hope they've got something in mind to fight: "Well, we lost 4 out of 5 first games, might as well start over?" or "Hey, let's play at the 1200 lvl again and stomp some noobs."

I'm guessing maybe you could use individual ratings to help seed provisional team ratings until you've got enough ratings to have a reliable rating? Like, if you've got a bunch of 1800-2000 elos on your team, and you start a new team, it's going to queue you against people in your range until you get a dozen or so games under your belt.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Ranked Teams  
Jump to: